U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 03:43 AM

5,742 posts, read 4,269,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Hey you can do whatever you like, it's your choice. But of your course, your conclusions will be errenous and ridiculous. The next thing you will be comparing Richard Sherman to Aaron Hernandez and it's not fair that Sherman doesn't get as much flak because you don't differentiate between bad people.
I can differentiate between illegal actions and non illegal actions..

I am telling you that what Richard did was NOT much different than Incognito and Cooper.. Both Incognito and Cooper have a MOUTH problem as does Sherman.. get it?!

I am NOT comparing him to Aaron Hernandez

Old 01-27-2014, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Richard Sherman could stand to make about $5 million in endorsements all because of his 15-second rant moments after helping the Seattle Seahawks get to the Super Bowl.

Sherman's agent, Jamie Fritz, told CNNMoney that interest in his clients has boomed since the remarks. While Sherman's current endorsements amount to just a bit more than his $550,000 NFL salary, Fritz believes there are millions in deals that will be signed soon, -- some before the Super Bowl is played Feb. 2.

"We have some new players who have come to the table who are starting the conversation," Fritz said.

The remarks caused an immediate sensation -- positive and negative -- in social media and on sports talk radio, among fans accustomed to bland comments from winning players.

Some advertisers fret about the controversy generated by the rant. But Fritz thinks the rant was more positive than negative for Sherman's image.

Richard Sherman's $5 million rant - Jan. 24, 2014
I think this is more Fritz trying to SPIN some BAD PR into something else. He might get an odd local endorsement out if it but I don't think we will see him in a Subway commercial or any national commercial anytime soon..

Old 01-27-2014, 04:25 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,105,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I can differentiate between illegal actions and non illegal actions..

I am telling you that what Richard did was NOT much different than Incognito and Cooper.. Both Incognito and Cooper have a MOUTH problem as does Sherman.. get it?!

You can tell me whatever you like, but I'm just pointing out what you said is ridiculous. And it's not unfair that people who think about things will differentiate actions from different actions and treat them appropriately (ie incognito and Cooper) vs this.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
You can tell me whatever you like, but I'm just pointing out what you said is ridiculous. And it's not unfair that people who think about things will differentiate actions from different actions and treat them appropriately (ie incognito and Cooper) vs this.
sorry, i don't understand what your trying to say here...??

Old 01-27-2014, 09:41 AM

9,035 posts, read 16,497,868 times
Quote:
Both Incognito and Cooper have a MOUTH problem as does Sherman.. get it?!

You really need to read up on Richie Incognito .... unless by mouth you mean - getting into drunken public fights and sexually harassing team employee problems................

Old 01-27-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I think this is more Fritz trying to SPIN some BAD PR into something else. He might get an odd local endorsement out if it but I don't think we will see him in a Subway commercial or any national commercial anytime soon..
There is only 1 player in the NFL top 10 in jersey sales for this past year that plays defense (which makes them the highest selling defensive player) .......... this player is a 5th round draft pick, from a relatively low exposure university known more for academics, playing in the far NW corner of the county and just completing his 3rd season

I'll let you take a guess to who that player is

Old 01-27-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
There is only 1 player in the NFL top 10 in jersey sales for this past year that plays defense (which makes them the highest selling defensive player) .......... this player is a 5th round draft pick, from a relatively low exposure university known more for academics, playing in the far NW corner of the county and just completing his 3rd season

I'll let you take a guess to who that player is
What's your point?

90% of those jerseys are bought in the PNW! Perhaps he could get a spot with Starbucks!

shouldn't you be forwarding these stats to a large retailer vs me.. I'm not gonna get him a gig with Subway?

Old 01-27-2014, 01:58 PM

yeah - the PNW is a large enough market to get 3 players in the top 10 without any sort of national sales................

the point is pretty clear - no other defender has sold more jerseys than him in 2013, not even stars in large markets or that play for iconic franchises

however, even if it was all local sales that is an incredible draw that would be worthwhile to national companies that sell product in that area for a targeted approach

either way, he's positioned to cash in a lot more than any other 5th round defensive player in their 3rd year that I can remember

Old 01-28-2014, 01:55 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,032,838 times
Quote:
yeah - the PNW is a large enough market to get 3 players in the top 10 without any sort of national sales................

the point is pretty clear - no other defender has sold more jerseys than him in 2013, not even stars in large markets or that play for iconic franchises

however, even if it was all local sales that is an incredible draw that would be worthwhile to national companies that sell product in that area for a targeted approach

either way, he's positioned to cash in a lot more than any other 5th round defensive player in their 3rd year that I can remember
I think it is better to be drafted later then you think you should of been drafted. How many times do you see players get drafted in the first round and fail in the NFL?

Also I think when a player gets drafted high some times he is like yea I am good I do not have to work as hard any more and slack off . They get an ego and people telling them how great they are.

It seems if you get drafted vary late you have this chip on your shoulder and have something to prove to all the doubters or haters.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:04 AM

10,557 posts, read 6,005,853 times
Quote:

And no doubt Justin Beiber's behavior probably helps him sell more music. There should be no doubt Dennis Rodman's antics were calculated and it made him relevant and richer. I sound like the old guy I swore I'd never be but it's just a F'd up world when bad behavior is rewarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or