Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 06:01 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times

Advertisements

Look at a player like Barry Sanders. He would score a touchdown, flip the ball to the ref and jog back to the sidelines. One of the best ever and he never had outbursts like this, or blatantly taunted an opponent.

Don't like the NBA'ing of the NFL when players act like this.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:17 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Look at a player like Barry Sanders. He would score a touchdown, flip the ball to the ref and jog back to the sidelines. One of the best ever and he never had outbursts like this, or blatantly taunted an opponent.

Don't like the NBA'ing of the NFL when players act like this.

What did he act like? You don't like emotional players?

Old 01-20-2014, 06:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
I have a problem with female reporters that don't have much experience in sports.
I have a problem with male reporters who don't have much experience in sports. So there you go. (Erin has been reporting sports for 14 years and has a BA in telecommunications. The Jayne Kennedy years are gone.)

Old 01-20-2014, 06:33 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I have a problem with male reporters who don't have much experience in sports. So there you go. (Erin has been reporting sports for 14 years and has a BA in telecommunications. The Jayne Kennedy years are gone.)

She really didn't do a good job on that interview which is why sherman walked away.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:50 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
She really didn't do a good job on that interview which is why sherman walked away.
She's been interviewed. She said she asked "who" because she wanted him to clarify who he was talking about. She stopped the interview because her producer in the truck was telling her to.

Once the guy in your ear is telling you to cut the interview.... you cut it. They'd have cut her mike if she hadn't stopped. Sherman was obviously still full of adrenaline and could have said anything and the network would have a guy in the truck with his finger on the 5-second delay button for an unknown amount of time. Dead air. Networks hate dead air. Networks really hate complaints because a guy cussed a blue streak while Junior was watching. Sherman would have done the same no matter who was holding the mike. He walked away because....... whatever the heck that was (it certainly wasn't an interview) was done. The guys in the truck made that decision for both Andrews and Sherman.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 01-20-2014 at 06:59 PM..

Old 01-20-2014, 06:57 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
How he acted was pretty disrespectful.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:00 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
She's been interviewed. She said she asked "who" because she wanted him to clarify who he was talking about. She stopped the interview because her producer in the truck was telling her to.

Once the guy in your ear is telling you to cut the interview.... you cut it. They'd have cut her mike if she hadn't stopped. Sherman was obviously still full of adrenaline and could have said anything and the network would have a guy in the truck with his finger on the 5-second delay button for an unknown amount of time. Dead air. Networks hate dead air. Sherman would have done the same no matter who was holding the mike. He walked away because....... whatever the heck that was (it certainly wasn't an interview) was done. The guys in the truck made that decision for both Andrews and Sherman.

It was her job as a reporter to diffuse all that and say......"your team is in the SB, how does it feel?"

Old 01-20-2014, 08:14 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,184,507 times
So, I am mixed race and grew up with many races/ethnicities and I use the word to describe anyone who acts ghetto. There are plenty of white ghetto... Just look at your disgraceful Seahawks fans who threw food at our injured players. Ghetto is ghetto.

Uh-huh

The Mark Twain quote about S.F. is so overused. S.F. Summer is two months. Big deal.

Mark Twain is pure gold.

I mention seven years because I think that's how long your organization can keep up the "12" BS since you have a disloyal base. Look at your Mariners' fans.

Show me a bad MLB team that sells out their stadium.

Portland Metro has I would guess, maybe 12% of it's population that gives a crap about any team in WA.

Deadspin already had an article about this a few days ago. The Portland metro area is definitely pro-Seahawks.

As for the ambitious comment. That is commentary on your city's population growth and it's culture, if you will. If Seatte were a person she would be a social climber. S.F. made it a long time ago and as nothing to prove.

Right, tell that to Los Angeles, the best city in California.

Seattle keeps trying to grow up too fast without the infrastructure like maybe real public transportation. Your city is naturally pretty when you can see it. There is no significant architecture in your down town core.

Except for the Space Needle, one of the most easily-recognized icons of any major American city.

Your housing stock is not particularly impressive nor are your neighborhoods. Your city is not known for any major activism like S.F.

Thank God for that.

Seatte does not even have a real Chinatown like S.F and NYC.

Clearly the measure of a great city.

We have significant cultural history. We ave a world class symphony, ballet and opera. Have you been in our opera house? You should. Our Golden Gate Bridge has so many books written about it and the view from either end of the bridge is truly phenomenal. S.F. has grown slowly and more organically. Seattle tried to put on it's big girl pants way too fast. I am done. I just wanted to defend my position.

No, what you did was throw a spoiled brat's tantrum against an entire city because one guy said some stuff that hurt your widdle feewings on TV (by the way, the 49ers are the same team who's player a few years ago whipped out a sharpie after scoring a td in Seattle and signed a football, clearly great sportsmanship). You're clearly not cut out to be a football fan, why don't you watch a sport where there's no trash-talking or gamesmanship, like curling perhaps?

The bottom line is that Sherman committed the (gasp!) horrible sin of letting the trash talk that goes on out on the field spill over into a post-game interview, big deal. On the same field that day was 49er OLB Aldon Smith, a guy who was arrested for a DUI in Miami in 2012; in September of 2013 was in a car accident and was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence and possession of marijuana and in November of 2013 plead not guilty to weapons charges relating to an incident in which he was stabbed in June of of 2012. But Sherman's "ghetto" and Smith, a man who has now twice endangered the lives of other human beings by driving a car while under the influence and is facing felony charges of possessing assault weapons (I see the SF activism falls short of going after members of the 49ers team?) is ok? Nothing to say about him?

Give me a break and spare me your hypocrisy. Sherman said some stuff, Smith put human life in danger. Get back to me when you can spare some of that outrage you have for Sherman for Smith.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:16 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
I didn't think Erin did a bad job on the interview. That is a pretty lame excuse for being a douschbag if you ask me. Now I am no big Erin Andrews fan and we all know WHY she got her job but you can't call her out for Sherman being a dousch.. that's all on him..

Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Oh, sorry, I thought curling was a sport for guys like you who like to talk about cities they probably have never stepped foot in.

I have actually been to SF. It's a lovely city. It's unfortunate that people like you support it.

You are just pissed that the reason WA blew up in population is because of an abundance of Southern Californians wanted a good deal on housing.

I'm actually not pissed at all. I don't care about who comes to Washington. I like Washington and I'm glad other people like it enough to want to move there.

I think the worst crime by an NFL player recently is the murder by a Patriot last year. I can't keep up with professional players and their personal lives. I have a life. Sherman acts the way get does on field, off field, wherever. He is a disgrace. Period.

This has to do with your complaints about Sherman vs. your silence about a guy on your own team who PUT HUMAN LIFE IN DANGER! I don't think I can stress the difference quite enough of how serious Smith's actions were vs how minor Sherman's were, and how your response is absolutely and ridiculously disproportionate and shows misplaced priorities and blatant hypocrisy.

Keep defending him. Now you really look like the pasty guy with glasses typing on your computer... looking at what, a space needle?

lol, You mad?

Sure ask someone in London if he has ever heard of the space needle. ( I am laughing while I am enjoying memories of a wonderful childhood in Golden Gate Park in September. God, S.F. Is so beautiful in September.). You should get out a little more.

lol

Have a little dignity.
OMG! Do you have any friends to argue with? Mad? I don't think so. Amused? Why, YES! Do I have dignity? YES! Another resounding, YES! Golden Gate Park is beautiful and there is a wonderful aquarium. You should check it out. Get out more. Meet people. Look at the sun! Remember what that looks like?. Go Broncos!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football