Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 02:21 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
When the Colts were eliminated from the playoffs, I did not watch any football the rest of that day. I was back at it again the next day though.
definitely don't blame you there. that's a pretty crushing blow man...you need time to mourn before you can watch other teams who are still in it LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 02:23 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Does anyone else think like I do? When my team's season was over - Philadelphia in my case - I stopped watching football. I haven't watched any of the other games. I won't watch, nor do I have any interest at all, in the Pro Bowl or even the Super Bowl.
My team is the Eagles. I don't give a rat's behind about Seattle or Denver.
My ONLY interest is getting this game finished so that I can look forward to free agency and then the draft in May.
I'll watch....but I ain't gonna be happy about it, and I don't want anyone else to be either

I'd put on a copy of Bruce Dern and 'Black Sunday' but I don't care for the way that one ends either....DIS-APPOINTED!!!!

Old 01-24-2014, 08:12 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,534 times
I watch however they are no longer "Can't miss" games, if I were to miss one, no biggie.
The best part about watching after your team is eliminated, you can watch and enjoy, rather than chew your nails down to your knuckles and be an emotional wreak.. The pressure is off..!

Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times
I try to watch at least half of the playoff games and I enjoy watching the Super Bowl. I like football not just my own team.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:00 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
With the NFL season being such a short one, I will watch any game at any time to get my fill. Playoff games are exciting no matter who is playing IMO.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:10 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
I love football. I can pretty much watch even the most boring game between two teams I don't have any interest in. While I wouldn't say my level of caring is as much as if it is my team playing, the playoffs are can't miss games for me no matter who is playing. And the SB is the pinnacle of the season.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:49 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Does anyone else think like I do? When my team's season was over - Philadelphia in my case - I stopped watching football. I haven't watched any of the other games. I won't watch, nor do I have any interest at all, in the Pro Bowl or even the Super Bowl.
My team is the Eagles. I don't give a rat's behind about Seattle or Denver.
My ONLY interest is getting this game finished so that I can look forward to free agency and then the draft in May.
I think a lot of fans think like you do, as well as a lot of players. I've often heard many players say they have no interest in the Superbowl. I guess it's a matter of preference. The NFL is an emotional roller coaster for die-hard fans, lots of highs and lows. When the lows come, it kinda sucks, but when you're at the top, it's awesome.

Old 01-25-2014, 03:14 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
I love football, but the Donkey's are one of my bottom two teams and I have no desire to watch the Super Bowl with them in it. Plus, we are going to Dizney that weekend.

Just want to point out that we should have a SUper Bowl Rematch during the regular season sometime next year as the Seahwaks will host the same Donkeys at some point. Other SUper Bowl rematches include the Patriots and the Packers, and Bear, the Vikings and the Dolphins, The 49ers and the Bronco er I mean DONKEYS, and the Cowboys will play the COlts in a rematch of Super Bowl V, which we watched on ESPN today

Old 01-25-2014, 05:40 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Interesting, I guess the Packers do play the Pats this year. They played them a few years ago, too. The SB was back in the late 90s I believe.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:41 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,475,967 times
Completely understand. If you're a homer, rooting for the teams that eliminated all the rest is kinda counterintuitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football