U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:03 AM

3,187 posts, read 2,206,288 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else think like I do? When my team's season was over - Philadelphia in my case - I stopped watching football. I haven't watched any of the other games. I won't watch, nor do I have any interest at all, in the Pro Bowl or even the Super Bowl.
My team is the Eagles. I don't give a rat's behind about Seattle or Denver.
My ONLY interest is getting this game finished so that I can look forward to free agency and then the draft in May.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 10:33 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,004,807 times
Nope, I love watching the playoffs, especially after New England gets bounced.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:37 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,107,481 times
You're preaching to the choir OP. I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. I've seen my team relocate, and return 3 years later and in that time have seen 1 playoff appearance (2002 wild card loss to the Steelers) and 1 more winning season (2007 10-6 with a 7-1 home record and still missed the playoffs). In fact the last playoff win for my team was back in January 1995 when they defeated the New England Patriots at home at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium. And let's not forget the woes the current Browns front office is facing with finding a new coach after their knee-jerk firing of Rob Chudzinski only hours after their final regular season game. Throw in the fact that Roger Godell is toying with the option of removing the extra point, and all of the extra rules being thrown in, and combo it with watching a perennial loser, it really is starting to become unwatchable. However; being that football is my favorite sport. I'll still watch...... For now. Though I don't know for how much longer.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 AM

368 posts, read 309,177 times
I watch every playoff game every year. Even if it was New England vs. Dallas, I'd never miss the Super Bowl.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:06 AM

113 posts, read 494,996 times
I am a Patriots fan, so as tough as last week was, I can not wait until the Superbowl, why? because it is going to be an amazing game, the best offense vs the best defense. Now during the regular season, if my team is not playing, I go on with my life and skip the games for the day or will catch a little bit of a decent game, but I will just wait until the highlights on sportscenter.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,750,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicare View Post
I am a Patriots fan, so as tough as last week was, I can not wait until the Superbowl, why? because it is going to be an amazing game, the best offense vs the best defense. Now during the regular season, if my team is not playing, I go on with my life and skip the games for the day or will catch a little bit of a decent game, but I will just wait until the highlights on sportscenter.
Same here !( Viking fan )

Old 01-22-2014, 11:58 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,590,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Nope, I love watching the playoffs, especially after New England gets bounced.
This. My Redskins were god awful this year, and the media has been ripping RG3 a new one. But I continue to watch because I love football.

Go Broncos! (my adopted afc team, since I live in Denver now)

Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 PM

10,719 posts, read 11,137,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Does anyone else think like I do? When my team's season was over - Philadelphia in my case - I stopped watching football. I haven't watched any of the other games. I won't watch, nor do I have any interest at all, in the Pro Bowl or even the Super Bowl.
My team is the Eagles. I don't give a rat's behind about Seattle or Denver.
My ONLY interest is getting this game finished so that I can look forward to free agency and then the draft in May.
Haha, I saw your post on sports hoopla too. I wonder how many others here chat both sites.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:48 PM

11,735 posts, read 11,578,635 times
I watch regardless, I like football. During the year, I don't watch AFC as much as NFC but enough to follow quite a few teams. Pro Bowl isn't as interesting as it was years ago but I'll watch some of it. I never miss the SB either, may not watch the whole thing but I do watch!

Old 01-22-2014, 01:11 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,136,695 times
When the Colts were eliminated from the playoffs, I did not watch any football the rest of that day. I was back at it again the next day though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football