U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 06:40 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,342,162 times

Advertisements

They should play indoors or in mild weather stadiums. Maybe they should alight permanently in Hawaii. That way its a long trip for everybody. PLUS a Super Bowl ticket could include a Hawaiian trip in midwinter. Win here, win there, win win everywhere. Winning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 07:11 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,225,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
They should play indoors or in mild weather stadiums. Maybe they should alight permanently in Hawaii. That way its a long trip for everybody. PLUS a Super Bowl ticket could include a Hawaiian trip in midwinter. Win here, win there, win win everywhere. Winning!
That is actually a darn good idea...

Old 01-25-2014, 07:25 PM

10,802 posts, read 9,435,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
There is something unique to being at a game that you can't replicate watching on TV. That goes for all sports as far as I am concerned. Or a concert for that matter.

Then throw in the uniqueness of the SB. And this may be my only shot at being able to get to a SB where travel is not a concern. I don't need a hotel. No added expense for the most part. And what are now looking like record low ticket prices. It may be a once in a lifetime shot for me.
It is different than a normal NFL game. Most of the people around you will be people there on corporate giveaways. For instance some companies give their best salesman a Superbowl ticket.

They probably won't be fans of the teams there. They are there for the experience. If the weather turns south, they will seek the heated corridors in the bowels of the stadium. That being said, if you have the money to spare it will be okay.

I would recommend going to the Fan Zone down at Times Square. That will be more fun than the actual Superbowl to tell you the truth.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:44 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,890,950 times
Quote:
Disagree...its going to be AWESOME watching an SB played in the elements. Not a snowstorm mind you but a little snow falling and 30 degrees would just be fabulous.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:07 PM

6,860 posts, read 9,298,470 times
Big time price inflation since the first SB tickets were $10

Old 01-25-2014, 09:36 PM

113 posts, read 493,465 times
I would love to go to a super bowl one day, and luckily I love in Florida so I have three stadiums that could possibly host it again, hopefully when that time does come around I will have the money, and maybe, just maybe the Patriots will be in it and really make it worth while for me!

Old 01-25-2014, 09:38 PM

9,421 posts, read 17,405,113 times
Quote:
Geez. $1500 for a lousy seat? Oh well, it shows how little Americans have to complain about when they can seriously ponder the possibility. I'd not pay anything like that for any form of entertainment. I'd rather put the money into a nonprofit that insures poor people's houses get some heat during the polar vortex.
That would be a noble donation. But will you? Probably not. You'll spend the $1500 on who-knows-what and never know where it went. If you spent it on a Superbowl ticket you'd have a memory to last you a lifetime.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:36 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,342,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
That would be a noble donation. But will you? Probably not. You'll spend the $1500 on who-knows-what and never know where it went. If you spent it on a Superbowl ticket you'd have a memory to last you a lifetime.
I don't have $1500 to put down on ANYTHING. So, you're right, I won't. But as to spending money, I've donated more in my income bracket to heat sharing programs. I live in a zone of very cold weather, and the natural gas price is taking a serious ratchet upwards. So I'm putting a chunk of my money into that. To accomplish that, I did two things. I reduced my satellite TV bill, giving up ESPN. And I canceled my Sprint contract, recouping $80 a month. The entire reason for these things was the feeling that electronics were diverting money needed more for charity. Satellite and wireless phone services are indulgences. Truth is, so far as football goes, I could see more than enough on free TV. But nonsports things are present on satellite service that I can't get via broadcast. So I'm on the base level service.

So, I do know where my money is going. It is keeping people from frostbite and hunger. No, that's not a "memory", but it is removal of a value-conflict.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:16 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,062,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
There is something unique to being at a game that you can't replicate watching on TV. That goes for all sports as far as I am concerned. Or a concert for that matter.

Then throw in the uniqueness of the SB. And this may be my only shot at being able to get to a SB where travel is not a concern. I don't need a hotel. No added expense for the most part. And what are now looking like record low ticket prices. It may be a once in a lifetime shot for me.
If you can swing it I would go for it. If you really want to go to a superbowl, but the money and disruption are the factors that keep you from it, I would go for it.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:23 AM

3,577 posts, read 5,830,720 times
ticketmaster and stubhub still in the $1500s

ebay ,there is the odd one in the $1300s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or