U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 10:40 AM

5,147 posts, read 6,335,663 times

Advertisements

I think the disparity between Peyton, Eli, and Tom Brady are big story lines. Brady has dominated Peyton in the regular season. Now Peyton has a chance to demonstrate he's more equal when it counts. Doesn't surprise me much that this has generated lots and lots of talk. If only some other owner had drafted Peyton, none of this talk might be relevant. There are owners who always field winning teams, regular season and postseason. Peyton was drafted high and chose to work for Irsay. Now it almost seems like Irsay wants to throw him under a bus. This is like a jilted girlfriend trying to show an ex-boy friend he should have respected her more. If Irsay was SO unhappy, he should have traded Peyton years ago. Playing for San Francisco or Baltimore, I could see Peyton having more rings than Eli.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 04:12 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,534,754 times
Default Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I'm rooting for the Hawks. I like Wilson and Sherman. This is a game where the Hawk D is going to be fresh into the 4Q after shutting down Manning for most of the game. The Bronco D will be worn out from being pounded by Lynch and Co. The Bronco D will be on the field more, and by the 4Q, won't be able to stop the Hawk's O. Manning will be in desperation mode throughout the 4Q, but it won't be enough.

Hawks, baby!

Old 02-03-2014, 06:24 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,335,663 times
Except by the 4th quarter, Seattle was already decisively ahead. It wasn't a case of wearing out the Denver D. It was a case of early capitalization on failures by Denver's offensive squad.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:11 PM

1,977 posts, read 2,866,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellevueNative View Post
A couple things strike me as odd:

- The Seahawks trounced the Broncos in their preseason game to start this season. Yeah, it was preseason, says everyone. But it was preseason for both teams - so Seattle was just as rusty as Denver, right? All things equal, I don't know why this doesn't get the Seahawks a little more credit.
- Manning scores a lot of touchdowns, I get it, everyone gets it. But he gets a lot of touchdowns because he throws practically every freakin' play. He's about to play a team that leads the league in interceptions and turnovers. So although there's potential for him to throw some touchdown passes in this game, with every pass he's also running a risk of an interception. Richard Sherman alone intercepts 14% of the passes thrown in his direction, not including the passes he tips or bats down. Then you've got Earl Thomas, Chancellor and Maxwell, too, all of which are interception threats. Yet passing seems to be Denver's only offensive weapon? They better hope they're not passing to Seattle's secondary!

These seem like common sense arguments to me of why Seattle should be seen as having the upper hand in this game, yet America seems obsessed with Peyton Manning's "legacy." I'm concerned that the league is not going to allow Manning to lose.
I don't want to say it, but, oh hell yes I want to say it: TOLD YOU SO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football