Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:23 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times

Advertisements

Wow .... I was just reading through some of this as I tried to avoid as much of the 2 week hype for my own sanity

Kind of amazing how many projected a blowout on a team that allowed 14 points per game and hasn't lost by more than a TD in the past 44 games going into the SB (45 now)

Seems odd there would have been an expectation for anything other than a close game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 05:33 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Pre-season game August 17, 2013 in Seattle , Seattle 40 Denver 10 .
Fast forward 5 months: Seattle 43 Denver 8

Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
I was counting on Peyton having a bad game. I only watched about 5 football games all year, but one of those was Seattle's whipping of the Saints and making Drew Brees look bad, I figured they can make Peyton look bad too. I had no idea Percy was a Seahawk...good for him, he's fun to watch.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:14 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,473,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Pre-season game August 17, 2013 in Seattle , Seattle 40 Denver 10 .
Fast forward 5 months: Seattle 43 Denver 8
Haha. "But that's only preseason". See how LITTLE changed from that time to this? Hope some TV analysts notice that, too.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
well, thank you. that's a lovely hat you have on
Thank God SOMEONE has some insight around here!

Old 02-04-2014, 06:50 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Haha. "But that's only preseason". See how LITTLE changed from that time to this? Hope some TV analysts notice that, too.
They brought it up during the game.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
They brought it up during the game.
But outside Seahawk fans, no one expected Seattle to repeat. Most of us hoped they could do to Denver what they did on average to everybody, namely keep them at 20 points or less.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:42 PM

51 posts, read 48,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Let's see if we can have this discussion without getting the thread locked.

I think a lot of us are expecting a close game in this Super Bowl, and I am no different. I am exhausted with the stories surrounding the game and am ready for the game itself. All of the speculation about who's going to do what, what strength will out perform the other, what weakness being exploited will be the downfall of either team...all that is meaningless. All that really matters is the game in front of us. And as I've said a few times, the league could not have drawn this one up better if it were rigged!

I'm all but done with the media spin but I do enjoy fan comments, so let's see who can come up with the most accurate prediction in this one. Here's my pick for the score and general idea of how I expect the game to go down:

Broncos 28, Seahawks 17.

Even though that's an 11 point spread, I think it will be a close game. I think the Broncos will continue to run their ball control style of offense while their defense will do enough to contain the Seahawks offense. I expect the Broncos to punt on their first possession, but gain some valuable intel and respond on their next series with a lengthy drive (time-wise and distance). The Broncos can probably get away with one turnover and I think it's realistic to expect this Seattle defense to force at least one take away. Other than that, the Broncos are going to need to be pretty close to perfect.

I think we'll have a close game until the Broncos punch in a TD with 4-5 minutes remaining. The Seahawks respond with a drive that takes a couple minutes of the clock but results in a turnover on downs. The Broncos then run out the clock on the game.

I think Manning's passing numbers are definitely going to be below his averages for the season, but I still see him getting around 275-280 or so, spreading the ball around the big 5. He'll get three TDs and one INT. Moreno and Ball combine for about 120 on the ground and one of the Broncos TDs.

For the Seahawks I expect Marshawn Lynch to have a big game, even against a Broncos defense that has been playing pretty stout. He'll gain at least 100 on the ground and two TDs. He'll probably break a long one at some point in the game. Wilson will pass for at least 150 yards, no TDs, no picks. He won't lose them the game but he won't win it either.

Like I said, this is a general description of what I expect. I'd like to hear your expectations as well, and maybe we can get a little deeper into what to expect on some of the key matchups.

Go Broncos!

change your name and stick to female gymnastics.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewill2014 View Post
change your name and stick to female gymnastics.
Haha. Nasty dig there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football