U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 10:30 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,247 posts, read 19,173,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Don't you mean 16-3?
Oh, right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM

7,475 posts, read 20,199,964 times
Quote:
Don't you mean the second black QB?

Why must the race card be played in these discussions?

Russell Wilson is a great guy... does a lot of charity work (Seattle Children's Hospital among others) and is a great role model.

You know something though... I've never once thought of him as a great black person or the top black QB in the NFL.

BTW, I'm white. Maybe it's just me...
Kees, why must you do this to me? this is two times in a row I've have to agree with you. What is this world coming to?? I might yet have to start liking you...

Old 02-05-2014, 01:23 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,188 times
Quote:

Russell Wilson is a great guy... does a lot of charity work (Seattle Children's Hospital among others) and is a great role model.

You know something though... I've never once thought of him as a great black person or the top black QB in the NFL.

You know the thought never even crossed my mind until I read this thread.. To be fair though, i don't think he was playing the race card, merely pointing out something that most of us have began to overlook.. or look past or not even notice!

Old 02-10-2014, 09:04 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,954,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Kees, why must you do this to me? this is two times in a row I've have to agree with you. What is this world coming to?? I might yet have to start liking you...
LOL thanks... I do try.

Wilson made a believer out of me... Go 'Hawks.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,368,848 times
Quote:
Go 'Hawks.
Kees, you're better than that. What if the Searoids manage to make the playoffs next year & face the Falcons again? Who are you going to root for?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:04 PM

3,231 posts, read 1,600,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Kees, you're better than that. What if the Searoids manage to make the playoffs next year & face the Falcons again? Who are you going to root for?
That is funny...the Falcons make the playoffs?

Old 02-13-2014, 08:17 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,538,449 times
Quote:

Yes, that's true. I meant second black QB or second black man at the QB position.

I think it's worth noting anytime a black person earns such an achievement in this society. So much negative news is emphasized about black men, it's great to acknowledge what Wilson did here. It's a milestone, like the first black POTUS. Only racists view this acknowledgement as "playing the race card", so bothered by black achievements which shatter their notion that blacks are inferior. I'm not saying you're a racist.

Great achievement to see a black man orchestrate his team to the pinnacle. The Seahawks are a great team this season in this regard, and I enjoyed watching them play this year.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:03 AM

9,028 posts, read 16,424,156 times
Simply one of the best videos I've seen

Soak up the party 12s

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performs "Can't Hold Us" LIVE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SuperBowl After Party - YouTube

Old 02-14-2014, 04:42 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
sticky has been taken off.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:43 PM

95 posts, read 94,849 times
this is pretty funny. i live in sf and i don't like the 49ers. GO HAWKS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or