U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 04:44 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,612,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
What I'm wondering. Is the AFC as a whole that inferior to the NFC? Denver was the #1 seed in the AFC.
AFC is definitely looking "old" compared to the NFC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 04:44 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,335,663 times
Did the whole team take a dive? Some sort of betting scandal?

Old 02-04-2014, 04:51 PM

4,399 posts, read 9,050,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I understand why everyone is busy fawning all over the Hawks, because of the big score and the hype all season. But let's be honest. Denver gave away this game. It wasn't that Seattle beat Denver into submission. It wasn't like Seattle was blitzing Manning into the ER on every down (he actually had lots of time in the pocket), it wasn't that Russell Wilson played like Joe Montana (Wilson had an average game).

It was that Denver choked, collapsed, and could not recover after they muffed the first play of the game.
Seattle played average. They were not "dominant", they were not "beastly", they played an average game in which they simply capitalized on most (not all) of their bumbling opponents' mistakes.

The real Super Bowl was the NFC Championship. I would have liked to see the Niners/Hawks in the Super Bowl.

Denver should be disgusted and embarrassed with their sorry performance. And Peyton Manning, well, he tends to play poorly in the big games so no shocker there. But the entire Denver team should be embarrassed for this pathetic Super Bowl. For them to put in that sorry display they deserve to never make it to another Super Bowl again.

By the way the last Super Bowl in which a team did not "show up" also involved Denver.

(55-10 vs Niners 1990)

Denver has a history of big chokes. Ban them from the Super Bowl! We deserve good games!
I do not know what game you were watching. You could see Thomas catching the ball and taking a step back on every play because he was scared of getting the first down. And Manning was pressured by the press rush all day.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:36 PM

5,292 posts, read 2,689,114 times
Quote:
...it wasn't that Russell Wilson played like Joe Montana (Wilson had an average game).
First off, only Joe Montana plays like Joe Montana. He is arguably the best QB ever.

Secondly, since when is a 123.1 passer rating even close to average?!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
First off, only Joe Montana plays like Joe Montana. He is arguably the best QB ever.

Secondly, since when is a 123.1 passer rating even close to average?!
People are never gonna get it. Zero picks. Teamwise, zero turnovers! When is someone going to realize that is THE stat that wins games. Take some other QB who throws for 300 yards, none for scores, and throws picks that result in scores by the opposing teams. I really believe there are some slanted use of statistics to "prove" the unproveable. 200 yards with no picks is better than 300 yards with picks. You could throw for 500 yards but if the other team scores 20 points off your mistakes, your fabulous total passing yardage is meaningless. As happened with New Orleans.

Last edited by Beenhere4ever; 02-04-2014 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: correct spelling

Old 02-05-2014, 05:54 AM

17,579 posts, read 39,742,240 times
I didn't read this whole thread, but the premise of the OP is laughable. The only way I can figure someone would come up with this opinion is if they either didn't watch the game or don't know a lot about football.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:26 AM

2,856 posts, read 1,789,608 times
Thanks to everyone for all the reps! clearly I am not the only one with this perspective; just listen to NFL Radio or watch the NFL network!

One of the most "laughable" things I heard yesterday is when someone said this was the greatest defense EVER in the NFL. Now THAT is laughable.....

Old 02-05-2014, 08:11 AM

13,217 posts, read 17,945,732 times
The Seahawks beat the living **** out of the Broncos. What next, Japan choked in World War II?

Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for all the reps! clearly I am not the only one with this perspective; just listen to NFL Radio or watch the NFL network!

One of the most "laughable" things I heard yesterday is when someone said this was the greatest defense EVER in the NFL. Now THAT is laughable.....
Pretty much like the comments all season about the Denver offense. The words "greatest ever" were seriously overused.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:38 AM

575 posts, read 407,947 times

Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks destroy Denver Broncos brick-by-brick video | Sport | theguardian.com

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or