U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2014, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Emmaus, PA
3,154 posts, read 2,195,166 times
Reputation: 2319

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I'd be nice if our so-called President kept his nose in REAL business.......you know....terrorists and stuff.
It doesn't matter if he is black, liberal, and a Democrat, he is YOUR President - if you are an American.

 
Old 05-12-2014, 09:01 AM
 
3,009 posts, read 3,018,116 times
Reputation: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
It doesn't matter if he is black, liberal, and a Democrat, he is YOUR President - if you are an American.
He just another puppet doing what he is told or as I like to call him the Truman show president.

Back on topic it is not a big deal that he is gay. I am sure there been gay men in sports you just did not hear about it.
 
Old 05-12-2014, 09:10 AM
 
10,691 posts, read 11,699,553 times
Reputation: 6043
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
He just another puppet doing what he is told or as I like to call him the Truman show president.

Back on topic it is not a big deal that he is gay. I am sure there been gay men in sports you just did not hear about it.



That's the point!! "Knowing" is what effects everything! And WHO....tell me who would be honest and actually say that they are uncomfortable being in a locker room with this dude???

NOBODY...........EVEN IF THEY ARE, THEY WOULD BE DESTROYED BY THE MEDIA.......AND PROBABLY LOSE THEIR JOB!!
 
Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM
 
3,438 posts, read 4,735,688 times
Reputation: 5402
There is a reason the military doesn't have co-ed boot camps and all sexes bunked at random.

Gays say............" get used to it".........." he would not be interested in you anyway ".....

Why doesn't our already overly "pc" military tell all the soldiers that as they randomly assign bunks in boot camp ?

Who , in their right mind, wants someone attracted to the same sex to use the same shower?

( key words......in their right mind
 
Old 05-12-2014, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,758 posts, read 1,951,560 times
Reputation: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
[/b]


That's the point!! "Knowing" is what effects everything! And WHO....tell me who would be honest and actually say that they are uncomfortable being in a locker room with this dude???

NOBODY...........EVEN IF THEY ARE, THEY WOULD BE DESTROYED BY THE MEDIA.......AND PROBABLY LOSE THEIR JOB!!
The answer is only a minority of athletes will have a problem sharing a locker-room with a gay athlete. Hate to break it to you bud, but today's athletes are fairly progressive when it comes to social issues. The average age of a pro athlete is 28 years old, and they pretty much think the same as an average everyday 28 year old. That is coming from me, a guy who has worked in sports related occupations for over 35 years.
The ironic thing is the players in the NHL have been the most vocal on gay inclusion in sports and they are politically more right leaning then the NFL.
 
Old 05-12-2014, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,176 posts, read 973,194 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
The answer is only a minority of athletes will have a problem sharing a locker-room with a gay athlete. Hate to break it to you bud, but today's athletes are fairly progressive when it comes to social issues. The average age of a pro athlete is 28 years old, and they pretty much think the same as an average everyday 28 year old. That is coming from me, a guy who has worked in sports related occupations for over 35 years.
The ironic thing is the players in the NHL have been the most vocal on gay inclusion in sports and they are politically more right leaning then the NFL.
the nba, the nfl, the nhl all come out in support of gay players. These are the owners and the commisioners, not the players. The majority of nba players would not "love to have a gay teammate", the majority of nfl players would not "love to have a gay teammate". You see what happens when a few players speak out against it. The guy on the dolphins got fined, and suspended from football activities. Players are not going to speak out against it for fear of fines, suspensions, etc. Free speech is a joke.
 
Old 05-12-2014, 11:53 AM
 
248 posts, read 258,980 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
the nba, the nfl, the nhl all come out in support of gay players. These are the owners and the commisioners, not the players. The majority of nba players would not "love to have a gay teammate", the majority of nfl players would not "love to have a gay teammate". You see what happens when a few players speak out against it. The guy on the dolphins got fined, and suspended from football activities. Players are not going to speak out against it for fear of fines, suspensions, etc. Free speech is a joke.
Free speech has nothing to do with it. It's not the government that is constraining an individual's speech here. It's a private business. If you're an employee and you say something publicly that can harm your company's reputation then they are going to discipline you.
 
Old 05-12-2014, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Phila Pa
2,758 posts, read 1,951,560 times
Reputation: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
the nba, the nfl, the nhl all come out in support of gay players. These are the owners and the commisioners, not the players. The majority of nba players would not "love to have a gay teammate", the majority of nfl players would not "love to have a gay teammate". You see what happens when a few players speak out against it. The guy on the dolphins got fined, and suspended from football activities. Players are not going to speak out against it for fear of fines, suspensions, etc. Free speech is a joke.
“The majority of professional male athletes would support an openly gay teammate,” Burke says. He points to a 2006 Sports Illustrated poll that found 80 percent of NHL players, 61 percent of MLB players, 59 percent of NBA players and 57 percent of NFL players would support a gay teammate.

“This was seven years ago, so I think you could safely bump every one of those numbers up by ten percent at least,” Burke says.



When Will Professional Athletes Accept Gay Teammates? | STACK


Also suggest you start watching some videos from You Can Play.
You Can Play Project
 
Old 05-12-2014, 12:43 PM
 
5,364 posts, read 6,005,443 times
Reputation: 7158
My question is. why is the media acting like gay players were never allowed in sports? the comparison to Jackie Robinson is disrespectful He literally was denied the right to play based off skin color.
 
Old 05-12-2014, 12:50 PM
 
3,438 posts, read 4,735,688 times
Reputation: 5402
Even Barack HUSSEIN Obama had to get his nose into it.

An issue involving a person both black and gay gets Barack HUSSEIN Obama's attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top