U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 10:38 AM

8,341 posts, read 14,106,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
If probably is unsettling if you're so backwards you think that every guy wants a piece of your meat and you think they cant control themselves. Maybe they have a slight inkling in the bank of their mind they want wanna try be gay or something =)
I don't think it is a question of, being naked in front of a gay man who will be walking around grabbing people's penises for fun.

I am a happily married man, to a woman. If I were in a coed locker room with naked showering women, sorry, I am going to be checking out the goods. That is just how I am wired. Would it be awkward for the women? I honestly don't know, I would imagine so. So, why would it be any different for a straight man in the presence of a gay man? Again, I don't necessarily know. But this idea that a gay NFL'er is a problem because he'll lack the self-control to not play grab a** seems like the wrong argument to make.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:39 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,659,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
Dude are you even a Football fan?? Do you even watch the NFL draft every year? Im just curious man, because if you seem to more about forcing people to except gayness versus making a certain team better to win a Superbowl. NFL is all about the Superbowl, its not about social issues, but because of the pro homosexual-pro feminist media, the Sport of Football is now being hi jacked. Are you even a sports fan? Who are your teams? What did did your father take you to see when you were younger? Just curious.
Yes, I watch football, though I prefer hockey. I'm from the North Midwest. Hockey is our thing.

Personally, I think this is a non-issue. The only reason it should receive any attention is to shine light on a traditionally shunned lifestyle and help further its socially acceptable status. He SHOULD NOT be drafted BECAUSE he's gay. He should be drafted because he's a good football player.

Nothing becomes "normal", as you guys put it, unless it is brought to the forefront of our collective attention. The more we are exposed to it, the more it becomes socially acceptable. The LGBT lifestyle is not harmful to anybody, and yet it is still looked down upon by too many people. I strongly believe that all people have the right to pursue happiness. That will happen for the LGBT crowd once they are given the same rights that straight people are given.

So, quite honestly, if anyone should go back into the safety of their dark closets, it should not be Michael Sam. It should be the bigots who are scared of and opposed to social progress for those that are different than them.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:43 AM

9,029 posts, read 16,438,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I don't think it is a question of, being naked in front of a gay man who will be walking around grabbing people's penises for fun.

I am a happily married man, to a woman. If I were in a coed locker room with naked showering women, sorry, I am going to be checking out the goods. That is just how I am wired. Would it be awkward for the women? I honestly don't know, I would imagine so. So, why would it be any different for a straight man in the presence of a gay man? Again, I don't necessarily know. But this idea that a gay NFL'er is a problem because he'll lack the self-control to not play grab a** seems like the wrong argument to make.
Would it be akward for you to have the women checking you out?

Especially if it's a situation you are in daily and has been part of your system for years and will typically follow hours of you smacking into each other along with working towards a common goal?

Plenty of NFL players aren't shy about showing off their stuff to anyone in the lockeroom, including female reporters ...... I don't see them getting all shy now

Especially since straight players are checking out and commenting on each other as well

Old 02-10-2014, 10:53 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,659,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Would it be akward for you to have the women checking you out?

Especially if it's a situation you are in daily and has been part of your system for years and will typically follow hours of you smacking into each other along with working towards a common goal?

Plenty of NFL players aren't shy about showing off their stuff to anyone in the lockeroom, including female reporters ...... I don't see them getting all shy now

Especially since straight players are checking out and commenting on each other as well
I was shopping at the grocery store a few years back and a gay couple came over and complimented me on my appearance. They "thought I was cute". More than anything, I was pleased by it. A couple of men, who are generally visually wired in terms of sexual appeal (more so than women), thought that I was cute. I felt pretty damn good about myself for the rest of the day.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:57 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,195,166 times
So that this thread doesn't get closed, let's stay on topic.

I'm (possibly naively) going to believe that everyone who posts on this forum is a fan of an NFL team.
Everyone KNOWS that there are gays in football, basketball, baseball, hockey, etc. They just haven't announced themselves to the world. Michael Sam has.
Would you want him on your team? It's just a simple YES or NO answer. Save the pro vs. anti debate for the Philosophy, Religion, or whatever forum.

I would hope that he would be accepted in Philadelphia by both the fans and the other players.
We would KNOW that he has been accepted by the fans when he gets booed for making a hideous play and not for his lifestyle.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 AM

2,716 posts, read 2,614,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
We would KNOW that he has been accepted by the fans when he gets booed for making a hideous play and not for his lifestyle.
At least that is what some would like to believe.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:03 AM

186 posts, read 264,872 times
Quote:

I'm (possibly naively) going to believe that everyone who posts on this forum is a fan of an NFL team.
Everyone KNOWS that there are gays in football, basketball, baseball, hockey, etc. They just haven't announced themselves to the world. Michael Sam has.
Would you want him on your team? It's just a simple YES or NO answer.

John,
I'd have no problem playing for my team. What he does off the field is of limited concern of mine, as long as he isn't pulling an Aaron Hernandez on anybody.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:03 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,195,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
At least that is what some would like to believe.
I'm going to assume that you're NOT from the Philly area. Our fans LOVE to boo.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:04 AM

6,416 posts, read 4,836,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
You surprised?
Personally I'm not. They are very ignorant when it comes to other peoples beliefs, opinions and viewpoints.
Yes they are but it wack that they are NOT even frigging Football fans. Be a Football fan FIRST and gay fanatic SECOND.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:10 AM

6,416 posts, read 4,836,631 times
Quote:

Would you want him on your team? It's just a simple YES or NO answer. Save the pro vs. anti debate for the Philosophy, Religion, or whatever forum.

I would hope that he would be accepted in Philadelphia by both the fans and the other players.
Thats the main issue I dislike about this. The pro gay people come in talking trash like homosexuals are taking over the sport and everyone just "Needs to get use to it" This agenda and opinion is far from the truth and to me to borderline trolling at it best. "hey your favorite sport has gays in it, na na naboo boo ha ha ha paints on fire" Ok folks we get it.

*shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football