Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 10:10 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,445,398 times

Advertisements

Who has the most immediate potential in this year's draft?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 10:20 AM

8,592 posts, read 14,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Who has the most immediate potential in this year's draft?
Overall? Or positional? Clowney's the big name, but I think Blake Bortles & Teddy Bridgewater are game-ready.

Admitting my bias, but if you want a late-round sleeper watch who picks up Kapri Bibbs from Colorado State. The kid's a big risk coming out so early, but he's got tremendous upside.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Overall? Or positional? Clowney's the big name, but I think Blake Bortles & Teddy Bridgewater are game-ready.

Admitting my bias, but if you want a late-round sleeper watch who picks up Kapri Bibbs from Colorado State. The kid's a big risk coming out so early, but he's got tremendous upside.
After Russell Wilson and Tom Brady, both late round picks, a person knows SOMEONE will go in the very late rounds and then surprise all the teams who didn't think to draft that person. A lot of teams who took QBs who became "works in progress" must look at Russell Wilson and think "Who knew?"

Old 02-23-2014, 11:52 AM

14,287 posts, read 14,537,637 times
I won't be surprised if Manziel slips and doesn't get drafted high in the draft, like he thinks he should. I smiled when I read Brett Favre saying, he reminds me of a young me. In some ways a good thing, others not so much.

Brett was notorious for hating routine, details, all the extras required to play the game, he wanted to go out and play ball. He got very bad about being on time, training camp, etc., he did not like the rules/regimentation of it.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I won't be surprised if Manziel slips and doesn't get drafted high in the draft, like he thinks he should. I smiled when I read Brett Favre saying, he reminds me of a young me. In some ways a good thing, others not so much.

Brett was notorious for hating routine, details, all the extras required to play the game, he wanted to go out and play ball. He got very bad about being on time, training camp, etc., he did not like the rules/regimentation of it.
Manziel should be overjoyed at the prospect of getting tried on any team. Brady, a true elite QB, almost had to be a walk-on. Imagine that.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:26 PM

8,773 posts, read 10,181,921 times
I'd take him up on that dare.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:47 PM

Manziel could be the next Mark Sanchez. Probably not the next Geno Smith. I think over time the Jets have learned to rue picking Sanchez.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:03 PM

7,571 posts, read 6,028,503 times
I don't like the guy either. He should have stayed in college one more year, developed and matured a little more.
I know, there are many immature guys in the NFL, but most of those either grow up or get out.

There is a potential for another Ryan Leaf here.

Also, some teams are going to put him on a list called dndc Do not Draft Due to Character

The guy brings too much drama to a team. He ought to go spend a year with Bilichek, who would shut that attitude of his up pretty quick. Instead, he is going to end up with some team that lets him do what he wants, go nowhere, and burn out. Maybe the Cowboys would be the perfect team for that?

Old 02-26-2014, 02:13 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,600,301 times
Johnny Manziel might not even be a first rounder much less the number one overall pick. Ron Jaworski said he wouldn't pick him in the top 3 rounds if he was a GM, and no one watches more film and evaluates quarterbacks like Jaws.

Manziel is just blabbing his mouth off to try to get the number overall pick. I think if the Texans picks him with the overall pick, it would be a huge mistake. Now in the 3rd or 4th round, that might not be bad.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:42 PM

Some of these teams know how to disappoint people like me. I'd love to move Johnny Football to a lower round and maybe get him less self-oriented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football