U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 03:12 PM

5,095 posts, read 4,935,776 times

Advertisements

The Houston Texans picking Johnny Manziel No. 1 overall in the NFL draft would be a great decision, Manziel said, but not picking him would be one the club would live to regret. Especially if the quarterback-starved Jacksonville Jaguars grabbed him with the No. 3 overall pick, and Houston had to play against him as a division opponent.
"It would be the worst decision they've (the Texans) ever made," he told The Houston Chronicle of the possibility. "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."

Johnny Manziel dares Texans to pass on him - NFL.com

I agree with Manziel !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 03:39 PM

6,554 posts, read 10,261,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
The Houston Texans picking Johnny Manziel No. 1 overall in the NFL draft would be a great decision, Manziel said, but not picking him would be one the club would live to regret. Especially if the quarterback-starved Jacksonville Jaguars grabbed him with the No. 3 overall pick, and Houston had to play against him as a division opponent.
"It would be the worst decision they've (the Texans) ever made," he told The Houston Chronicle of the possibility. "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year. Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."

I agree with Manziel !
I sure hope Manziel lives up to the hype because with an arrogant attitude like that he's gonna be hammered relentlessly if he flops.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:21 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,336,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I sure hope Manziel lives up to the hype because with an arrogant attitude like that he's gonna be hammered relentlessly if he flops.
This again shows that whatever team takes him has a character problem on their hands. But there are owners and GM's who are like women dating a bad guy saying "I can change him". I hope the Texans pass on him just BECAUSE of this. I hope he falls to the 3rd or 4th round like Brady did. It may save his pro career. The league needs NOT to pump more air into his head.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:29 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,462,383 times
Quote:

I agree with Manziel !
He would be a better fit in Philly than he would in Houston. Also there is no way Manziel will be picked #1 overall.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:37 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,538,449 times
Quote:

I agree with Manziel !
I don't like the guy already. He hasn't played one game in the NFL, and already he's running his big mouth about what a mistake a team would be making if they don't pick him.

Stupid. I'm not a fan of this idiot. Until he proves himself over many seasons in the NFL, he should really just shut up.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:02 PM

46,819 posts, read 37,004,105 times
First of all, he's a smaller guy than Teddy Bridgewater. Secondly, the college game is a lot different than that of the pros. Some guys get drafted after having done well in college, and they'd go on and do pretty well. Others come into the league and would fail (Remember Vince Young??). Manziel needs to not get in over his head here.

I still expect the Texans to take Bridgewater at number one. Sometimes, it's the lesser-known guy that can come through with the big surprise.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:05 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,866,938 times
I hope the Texans pass on him. He was fortunate in college to have 3 pros blocking for him (2-1st rounders) and another soon to be 1st rounder catching the ball.

Didn't we hear how bad Vince was going to stick it to the locals if they didn't pick him?

Old 02-15-2014, 02:06 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
I think the Texans would be better off with Bridgewater. It might do Manziel good to drop some although he may not look at it as a humbling experience. A kid driving a Mercedes Benz at his age, handed to him by his dad, doesn't have a real perspective on life. I would think this kid would be a problem in an NFL locker room, expecting more than other players.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:20 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,567,111 times
all i know for sure is that the Texans will make the absolute wrong draft decisions

GMs would do better listening to what the fans want

Old 02-15-2014, 03:16 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,336,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
all i know for sure is that the Texans will make the absolute wrong draft decisions

GMs would do better listening to what the fans want
That's how team waste their potential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football