U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:40 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,972,483 times

Advertisements

In the last couple hours the name Darren Sharper has gone viral on the net.

Earlier this afternoon according to CNN reported that Darren Sharper has been charged in the drugging and rape of two women. I noticed an article in the L.A. Times that that number now is 7 women. Bail is at $200,000 and Sharper has been ordered to turn in his passport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 04:54 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Serious charges and they are trying to increase bail to millions as these other charges have surfaced.

Old 02-14-2014, 05:52 PM

255 posts, read 323,912 times
he's innocent until proven guilty but the amount of women suggests this guy is a real creep.

I've been hearing a lot of people ask why he would need to rape women. He's rich, good looking, famous etc. It has nothing to do with not being able to get women. He could get laid all he wants with women that are willing to have sex with him. I bet some really hot women too.

If he's guilty of this he's done it because that normal sex doesn't do it for him. He likes raping women. He likes drugging them and doing whatever he does to them when they are drugged. It's about power, narcissism, chauvinism. The type of person that does this really hates women.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:54 PM

5,147 posts, read 6,339,171 times
Crap. Thought this was about Shannon Sharpe and I was gonna say how cool he is. Darren Sharper? Guess I don't know that much. Too much law enforcement involvement in pro sports. They have SUCH a pampered life, could they just use a little more brain matter to keep the gravy train going?

Old 02-14-2014, 09:12 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,873,644 times
Sounds similar to a story (if guilty) I recently read about former Giant/Patriot David Meggett.

The Sordid End of David Meggett: He was an All-Pro running back. He became a serial rapist. - SBNation.com

Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 PM

They think their macho image entitles them to whatever they see.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:21 AM

342 posts, read 612,462 times
Not much to say until hes proven guilty

Old 02-21-2014, 06:11 AM

Why would a jock have to use DRUGS for sex. Seems to me there's way too many women who like to get it from jocks. There can't be too numerous alternative reasons for spending a lot of time with them. Or maybe there are. I wonder what they could be. Maybe they are rich enough to show them a good time? Still, a treacherous situation could exist where he thinks her mind is made up when it isn't. I'm still shocked that Adrian Peterson has multiple baby mamas. Guess the "Love Boat" Vikings are still with us even if Denny Green is long gone.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:54 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,873,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Why would a jock have to use DRUGS for sex. Seems to me there's way too many women who like to get it from jocks. There can't be too numerous alternative reasons for spending a lot of time with them. Or maybe there are. I wonder what they could be. Maybe they are rich enough to show them a good time? Still, a treacherous situation could exist where he thinks her mind is made up when it isn't. I'm still shocked that Adrian Peterson has multiple baby mamas. Guess the "Love Boat" Vikings are still with us even if Denny Green is long gone.
You kind of answer your own question about AP. I'd bet that any night he goes out, there is a woman willing to go home with him. There are MANY women who chase athletes and celebrities and have hopes of being 'in a relationship' with them in order to elevate their social status (Think Kanye song). A baby is a guaranteed continuation of said relationship. If I was still in my late teens and twenties and women threw themselves at me, I would have been lucky to only have a couple kids out of wedlock.

Now why Sharper (and Meggett as I posted earlier) feel the need to overpower or take advantage of helpless women tells me their wiring may be off. Being good at football doesn't prevent one from being a sociopath. They could still pull plenty of action otherwise.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:15 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
Oildog, a sad commentary but true. Women do put themselves at risk chasing celebrities/athletes. The ever growing story about Sharper is horrible, considering the scope of it, if the allegations are all true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or