Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 11:57 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,476,786 times

Advertisements

I can see some placements on this list, but maybe not all. Got a feeling Bellichick is winning on momentum rather than recent results.

Y! SPORTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Got a feeling Bellichick is winning on momentum rather than recent results.
You must not be paying attention if you honestly believe that nonsense. The coaching job this year was one of his best. In fact, Belichick should have been coach of the year in my opinion. Not only did he win his 11th division title in 13 seasons, and go to his 3rd straight AFC Championship game, but he did it with a team of nobodies, spare parts, and undrafted free agents.

The Pats lost Aaron Hernandez during the offseason. They let Welker walk. Gronkowski was injured. They signed Amendola and drafted some rookie receivers. Because of Brady and the coaching they actually turned a rag tag offense into a championship contender.

As much as the offense was a work in progress, the defense was held together with duct tape and bailing wire after so many serious injuries. Pro Bowlers Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Jerrod Mayo were all lost for the season. They lost Gregory and Talib for several games. They signed nobody Siliga and used Chris Jones and Joe Vellano...both nobodies.

The Pats won 12 games, and arguably should have had the Carolina game, with a non-call for DPI ending the game, instead of one more shot at the end zone from the 1 yard line. They should have finished 13-3 and a top seed.

Masterful coaching by BB and the entire staff this year. Look at teams like the Falcons. Lose a few key pieces and they just fall apart. Any other head coach with this same Pats team would have been lucky to finish with a wildcard berth. BB brought them to a #2 seed and within a bad call of a top seed.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:03 AM

Any particular NEED for an aggressive answer like this?

Old 02-17-2014, 08:45 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
I can see some placements on this list, but maybe not all. Got a feeling Bellichick is winning on momentum rather than recent results.
what does that even mean?

Old 02-17-2014, 12:09 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
I still think Brady is much more a reason for the Pats success than Belichek. Give Belichek Romo and he's still coaching an 8-8 team.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
what does that even mean?
Jets, Bills, and Dolphins. You call that a hard division to succeed in?

Old 02-17-2014, 01:00 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Jets, Bills, and Dolphins. You call that a hard division to succeed in?
never mind, I'll just wait for you to stop orbiting the earth

Old 02-17-2014, 01:48 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
Quote:
Who is that directed at? My response right above yours wasn't aggressive at all.

My comment that you must not be paying attention was factual, not aggressive. Big difference.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:56 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Agressive? I found it to be well written, informative, and, even as much as I despise the Pats, totally true.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Agressive? I found it to be well written, informative, and, even as much as I despise the Pats, totally true.
Kinda like the answer from a spectator at a knife fight. Well said. I still say that Belichick profited from two things, the machine he inherited and a weak division. He should really have home field advantage every year. And special interpretations of rules are a nice gift for him too. And illegal intelligence methods.
All that, and he's not played in a Super Bowl in over a decade. Meanwhile Big Ben and little Eli have picked up two rings. Yeh, Bill stands athwart the world like a colossus!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football