U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the Worst GM in the NFL?
Matt Millen 5 41.67%
Jerry Jones 5 41.67%
Vinny Ceratto 1 8.33%
Browns GMs 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:53 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,244,235 times

Advertisements

I have to agree that Matt Millen was the worst GM in the league, followed by Vinny Cerrato, and then whoever the Browns have had.

Most people who say Dan Snyder don't really know the true backstory to the front office after Snyder had taken over, so it's easy to say Dan Snyder (who by the way is not a GM.)

It's easy to pick on Jerry Jones, and as a hardcore Washington Redskins fan, I try to do that as much as possible. At the same time, I have to say that he DID help build a dominate Cowboys team during the 90's, and his teams have teetered around the fine line of being a playoff team and being home during the playoffs - in the last few years. One thing I'll give him credit for, the Cowboys have seem to have been in it until the last week of the season. Some teams are eliminated before halfway through the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 05:00 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,983,242 times
Jerry Jones wins it here.
The Dolphins at least fired Jeff Ireland, and taking a nobody who never did anything because he was cheap to replace him probably was not the best idea, but we will see.
Jerry Jones, on the other hand, refuses to hire a GM insisting instead that he himself can do the work, making himself the acting GM under the title of owner.

Now he is about to reveal what will probably be the biggest laughing stock of a defense, all because he decided that having a mediocre QB with a sold offensive line to protect him will somehow win games in the NFL. Wrong. A QB who is a leader is far more important and effective, Romo is not.
And good Defense wins in the NFL.

Jones beats out all others, and when the circus that is the Cowboy defense takes the field this season, bring out your best clown suit and the fat lady next door and enjoy it.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:56 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,266,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Jerry Jones wins it here.
The Dolphins at least fired Jeff Ireland, and taking a nobody who never did anything because he was cheap to replace him probably was not the best idea, but we will see.
How long did Ireland last with Miami? Dolphins are not very good.

Old 08-11-2014, 03:57 PM

To me the Buccaneers had never had very good GMs at all after their Super Bowl win over Oakland.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:33 AM

3,326 posts, read 4,548,099 times
Mike Brown.

/end discussion.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:20 AM

I think Malcom Glazer for the Buccs was pretty bad. I think Bruce Allen also for the Buccs was pretty bad too I think.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:06 PM

Eric Magnoli or whatever his name is, he did not last a whole season with the Browns.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes I remember that. It was a few years back, and a fan sent an email to the Browns front office complaining about the constant losing, and ineptitude that has been going on since their return in 1999. His response to the fan was "f*** you! Go root for Buffalo!" As for Lombardi... he has been reunited with his old friend Bill Belichick.
Oh I remember when Savage got fired, it was after 2008. He got involved into a controversy with a fan a few weeks after suspending TE Kellen Winslow III for 2 games due to making comments about the Browns not disclosuring his illness.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:38 PM

2,149 posts, read 2,628,906 times
Matt Millen and it's not close.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztonyg View Post
As a long suffering Lions Fan, I'd tend to agree.

Most of these other GMs mentioned at least produced teams where there was a "hope" of winning should all the stars align. Millen just created garbage teams year after year.
He was especially awful his first two seasons with Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football