Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 12:18 PM

14,310 posts, read 14,569,094 times

Advertisements

So where is your favorite team in terms of NFL Salary Cap? Some teams aren't in good shape at all but they just caught a break when it goes up from 126m to 130m, every "little" bit helps, I guess.

NFL salary cap expected to increase to about $130M - NFL.com

A list I saw had Lions, Steelers, Saints and Cowboys at the bottom with little or no cap room. Saints have been makes some moves so that makes sense, I guess. I think I saw the list at ESPN, not my favorite place for info so no link.

I pay attention to it because of all the jokes/remarks about Rodgers contract and GB having no cap room. They are in the top 10 of the most cap space, which isn't a surprise because Thompson does not spend big in free agency (and sometimes he should)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 04:24 PM

6 posts, read 3,114 times
i think it's good and bad; good for the teams like the Cowboys and Saints who were close to their cap and now get a break to sign players like Jimmy Graham more easily, as well as other teams in similar situations. It basically prevents some cap casualties, but screws some teams who were going to make a play on free agents that are now more likely to be re-signed w/ their original team.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:09 PM

14,310 posts, read 14,569,094 times
And now it is projected to be even higher than the 130 mil, will be interesting to see the final number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football