U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 10:23 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I especially remember the first Eagles vs Packers matchup that season (2010). It was week 1 & Clay Matthews was an absolute beast that game. By halftime he took Kolb out of the game & went on to have 3 sacks.

The Eagles game in the wildcard was the Packers closest battle (scoreboard wise) of the entire super bowl run.

Sadly, I also remember 4th & 26.

That 4th and 26 is why I will always hate Brett farve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 10:43 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,510,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
That 4th and 26 is why I will always hate Brett farve
No one ever talks about the fact that the interception he threw in that game at the end is one of the worst interceptions I have ever seen in my life--especially considering the circumstances. And that is no hyperbole.

Actually, I take that back: That IS the worst playoff interception I have ever seen. Brian Dawkins caught that like a punt! LOL.

Here, 4:00ish:

4th and 26 - YouTube

Old 11-14-2014, 11:05 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
No one ever talks about the fact that the interception he threw in that game at the end is one of the worst interceptions I have ever seen in my life--especially considering the circumstances. And that is no hyperbole.

Actually, I take that back: That IS the worst playoff interception I have ever seen. Brian Dawkins caught that like a punt! LOL.

Here, 4:00ish:

4th and 26 - YouTube
Basically threw it up in the air for grabs because he didn't want to get hit instead of taking the sack

Old 11-14-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Basically threw it up in the air for grabs because he didn't want to get hit instead of taking the sack
Exactly...unforgivable in a playoff game!

Old 11-14-2014, 02:21 PM

2,746 posts, read 2,368,244 times
Quote:

I forgot about that! Yeah, that was Brett for you. As a Packer fan, I can recall how so many times he'd drive the ball the length of the field in a close game only to try to force the ball in & throw a pick 6 on the 2 yard line. Or he'd see that the team is behind & take it entirely in his hands & do like he did here & just launch it in the middle of the field.

Thing is, on the next series he'd often throw a 60 yard perfect pass to Antonio Freeman, so we were easy to forgive.

I think a big reason Rodgers takes so many sacks is because he stood on the sideline all those years & watched the team consequences from Favre's interceptions.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:08 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
You are right on with that last comment. I think it is 10 regular season games at Lambeau he hasn't thrown an INT! If that is the case should be slim pickings for the Eagles "D"!

Old 11-14-2014, 09:08 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
You are right on with that last comment. I think it is 10 regular season games at Lambeau he hasn't thrown an INT! If that is the case should be slim pickings for the Eagles "D"!
They were saying now that the stat came out about Rodgers not throwing a INT at Lambeau since December of 2012 means he will throw one this sunday because he is long overdue lol

As long as he doesn;t throw 2 or more and more TD passes to balance it out

Old 11-16-2014, 10:38 AM

Im not getting a feeling that today is the day that streak ends for Rodgers...

Old 11-16-2014, 11:12 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Im not getting a feeling that today is the day that streak ends for Rodgers...

I think it only ends if the eagles get a td from their special teams and defense along with 3 scores from the offense

I see no way the Packers lose unless the above happens

Old 11-16-2014, 11:18 AM

Agree. I think Rodgers and the Pack take care of business today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or