U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 04:10 PM

3,973 posts, read 2,530,957 times

Advertisements

Maybe the Giants think with a full training camp, no Schiano, and regular practices, that he can hold a clipboard behind Eli. I can see that. He only needed to beat out Matt Flynn to get signed today, and Curtis Painter in the summer for #2.

I think that is doable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 11:33 AM

3,224 posts, read 2,223,117 times
The NFL draft begins on Thursday.
As far as the Eagles are concerned, they only have 6 picks. They haven't had this few picks in quite a few years. Their main needs are at wide receiver, rush linebacker, cornerback, and safety. I GUESS that they could take a quarterback but I tend to doubt it.
Since they gave their first round pick for this year to St. Louis to get RGIII, Washington doesn't have a first round pick.
We'll see what Dallas and New York choose on Thursday.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:02 AM

10,573 posts, read 6,022,191 times
Every backup QB is a backup because they are a failed starter. I see Josh Freeman as a guy who was good at one time so the Giants could have done a lot worse at backup QB.

I'm a Redskins fan and I"m onboard with the DJax signing but with reservations. He came into the league with a bad rap and lived up to it to the extent that a team cut him after a huge year, forcing them to use a high pick to atempt to recover some of that production. The Redskins cap hit for the guy is lower than the Eagles, that how badly they wanted him out So yeah, I'm concerned he will be TO at tome point.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:47 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,617,111 times
I don't believe DJax will be a problem. Too many leaders/vets to let him act like an idiot.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:49 AM

5,812 posts, read 4,290,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Every backup QB is a backup because they are a failed starter. I see Josh Freeman as a guy who was good at one time so the Giants could have done a lot worse at backup QB.

I'm a Redskins fan and I"m onboard with the DJax signing but with reservations. He came into the league with a bad rap and lived up to it to the extent that a team cut him after a huge year, forcing them to use a high pick to atempt to recover some of that production. The Redskins cap hit for the guy is lower than the Eagles, that how badly they wanted him out So yeah, I'm concerned he will be TO at tome point.
Actually though, Chip Kelly stated DJax's "reputation" was not the reason for cutting him but because he didn't figure into Kelly's long term plan for the team. That could be the political way of saying he hates DeSean and doesn't want him on his team, but DJax hasn't actually gotten in trouble that I know of. I think he always has that potential of going rouge - especially if he is not around enough positive influences, but I'm hoping that won't be the case in Washington.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Today's the day - Round 1 of the draft.

Supposedly, Johnny Manziel is #1 on the Cowboys wish list.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:58 AM

The 2014 NFL season is here.

Redskins @ Texans
49'ers @ Cowboys
Lions @ Giants
Jaguars @ Eagles

According to virtually all of the "experts", the Eagles are expected to win the division. The Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys are expected to be mediocre, at best - but that is on paper. We will see what happens starting on Sunday.

What are your impressions of your NFC East team?

Old 09-06-2014, 09:06 PM

6,589 posts, read 4,547,059 times
Redskins/Texans is an intriguing game. Both have serious question marks, new coaches and both were incredibly disappointing in 2013.
I think the Niners will be 2014's disappointing team (I have the Seahawks & Cardinals as playoff teams out of the West), but they should slaughter the Cowboys even in Dallas.
Lions Giants is a tossup game.
Eagles will kill the Jags.

Only really "bad" game I see is Eagles/Jags.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:57 AM

The speculation is only 7 hours from ending. Then we will find out what actually happens.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:42 PM

So far
Eagles 1-0 and Redskins 0-1.
The Eagles first half was REALLY bad, trailing 17-0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or