U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 10:55 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times

Advertisements

I thought the division last year sucked. My God, it's even more pitiful this year. I'd be shocked if the Cowboys & Giants combined for 10 wins this year. The 2 of them played the "anything you can do, I can do worse" game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 11:06 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I thought the division last year sucked. My God, it's even more pitiful this year. I'd be shocked if the Cowboys & Giants combined for 10 wins this year. The 2 of them played the "anything you can do, I can do worse" game.
But the Skins were the NFC east team that scored the least number of pts (6) in week 1. The Cowboys scored 17 pts and the Giants scored 14 pts. I find that shocking since the skins supposedly have RG3 and Desean Jackson. So it's look like the teams are ranked this way headed into week 2

Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
skins

BTW: I think the eagles and cowboys will flip flop between 1 and 2 all season

Old 09-11-2014, 07:11 AM

939 posts, read 648,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
As much as I dislike Jerry Jones, he does have three Super Bowl rings as GM. Not to mention, Matt Millen built a team that went 0-16. Jerry wishes he was a bad as him.
How well has Jones done since Jimmy Johnson left? Saying he is better than Millen isn't saying much. Millen didn't have the talent Jones has had, although he was to blame for that to a certain degree.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:38 AM

917 posts, read 1,052,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
But the Skins were the NFC east team that scored the least number of pts (6) in week 1. The Cowboys scored 17 pts and the Giants scored 14 pts. I find that shocking since the skins supposedly have RG3 and Desean Jackson. So it's look like the teams are ranked this way headed into week 2

Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
skins

BTW: I think the eagles and cowboys will flip flop between 1 and 2 all season
I agree! I didnt watch much of the Giants/Lions game(I just know about Eli's INTs and Cruz being non existent since he's in one of my FF leagues) but I did catch the Redskins game and they looked awful. I know Dallas looked terrible but I think theyll bounce back. The defense shows a tiny glimmer of hope compared to last yr & I am confident the offense will come through next wk vs Tennessee. It just amazes me how Dallas refuses to run the ball in critical moments.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:46 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissapla12 View Post
I agree! I didnt watch much of the Giants/Lions game(I just know about Eli's INTs and Cruz being non existent since he's in one of my FF leagues) but I did catch the Redskins game and they looked awful. I know Dallas looked terrible but I think theyll bounce back. The defense shows a tiny glimmer of hope compared to last yr & I am confident the offense will come through next wk vs Tennessee. It just amazes me how Dallas refuses to run the ball in critical moments.

Especially on 2nd goal on the 2nd line.

I was so annoyed with Romo on that play

Old 09-11-2014, 11:14 PM

18,633 posts, read 27,060,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
How well has Jones done since Jimmy Johnson left? Saying he is better than Millen isn't saying much. Millen didn't have the talent Jones has had, although he was to blame for that to a certain degree.
Well he did win a championship without Jimmy but that of course was Jimmy's players. But Millen. Look up his track record. He makes Jerry look like he knows what he's doing. He destroyed the Lions. Jones from a constant point since 1997 has been the worse GM tho. The worst part about this is that he knows he isn't getting the job done. Once Romo runs out of time which could be after the 2015 season from an understanding and breakdown of the cap, it will be interesting to see how a 74 year old GM will approach this. Will he have the patience to build a team by himself.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:31 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,549,912 times
So far the bEast has unfortunately lived up to the expectations of being awful again. If the Eagles don't win this division I wouldn't be shocked if the division leader has less than 8 wins.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:35 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
So far the bEast has unfortunately lived up to the expectations of being awful again. If the Eagles don't win this division I wouldn't be shocked if the division leader has less than 8 wins.
I have this strange feeling the division will look like this next week but I hope I am wrong

eagles-2-0
cowboys-0-2
skins-0-2
giants-0-2

Old 09-12-2014, 04:36 AM

3,151 posts, read 2,193,588 times
So you think that the Redskins could very well lose to Jacksonville.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:26 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
So you think that the Redskins could very well lose to Jacksonville.
Yes the jags were able to score 17 pts on the road last Sunday d while the skins with rg3 and DeSean could not score a touchdown. So I believe the jags can pull it off but this week but I'm hoping rg3 can bounce back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or