U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 06:19 AM

3,151 posts, read 2,194,088 times

Advertisements

Those 17 points were off turnovers.
Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to see the Redskins lose to Jacksonville and be 0-2, with both losses to teams who had a combined FIVE wins last year - but Jacksonville is hideous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 06:45 AM

939 posts, read 648,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well he did win a championship without Jimmy but that of course was Jimmy's players. But Millen. Look up his track record. He makes Jerry look like he knows what he's doing. He destroyed the Lions. Jones from a constant point since 1997 has been the worse GM tho. The worst part about this is that he knows he isn't getting the job done. Once Romo runs out of time which could be after the 2015 season from an understanding and breakdown of the cap, it will be interesting to see how a 74 year old GM will approach this. Will he have the patience to build a team by himself.
He reminds me of Al Davis- who ruined a great franchise. The difference is that I liked the Raiders, and have never liked the cowpokes.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:53 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to see the Redskins lose to Jacksonville and be 0-2, with both losses to teams who had a combined FIVE wins last year - but Jacksonville is hideous.
I have to agree, any team who allows 34 unanswered pts after leading 17-0 in the beginning of the second half is definitely a team with a awful coach.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:33 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,128,687 times
Quote:
Redskins were 3-13 last season and haven't won a game since Week 9 of last season. They're were no better than the Jaguars or Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Yes the jags were able to score 17 pts on the road last Sunday d while the skins with rg3 and DeSean could not score a touchdown. So I believe the jags can pull it off but this week but I'm hoping rg3 can bounce back.

The Redskins did score a touchdown. Their extra point was block. One of the Texans TD was on a block punt that was recovered for a touchdown. You can't score too many touchdowns when you carelessly turn the ball over.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:49 PM
FBJ

Nice bounce back by the Cowboys, good day running the ball and passing, and now should be tied with the Eagles at 1-1 after tomorrow. If Not then we can catch them next week

Old 09-14-2014, 02:48 PM

3,151 posts, read 2,194,088 times
The Cowboys proved that the Titans aren't as good as everyone was led to believe from last week's win.
The Redskins, with Kirk Cousins, proved just how bad the Jaguars are when you don't sleep walk through the first half.
...and the Giants found another way to lose.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:51 PM
FBJ

Quote:
The Cowboys proved that the Titans aren't as good as everyone was led to believe from last week's win.
The Redskins, with Kirk Cousins, proved just how bad the Jaguars are when you don't sleep walk through the first half.
...and the Giants found another way to lose.

Cowboys held a good offense last week to 0 pts in the 2nd half which set the defensive tone for this game today in Tennessee, I am pleased and hope the colts beat the eagles

Old 09-15-2014, 10:30 PM
FBJ

As a Cowboys Fan I was hoping to get help from the Colts tonight but Luck made stupid decisions. I had a feeling the Eagles would find a way to win this game on the road. I have to rate Foles as the number #1 QB in the NFC east for now since Romo had that Horrible game last week. Maybe that can change in 4 weeks

Old 09-15-2014, 10:56 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
As a Cowboys Fan I was hoping to get help from the Colts tonight but Luck made stupid decisions. I had a feeling the Eagles would find a way to win this game on the road. I have to rate Foles as the number #1 QB in the NFC east for now since Romo had that Horrible game last week. Maybe that can change in 4 weeks
^^ Foles is mediocre honestly. He makes dumb decisions, can't run, never gets rid of the ball, can't lead players and always throws behind them or way over their heads.

He is a mediocre quarterback put in an AWESOME offense with top NFL players, #1 running back and awesome play calling. It's impossible for him to not be successful. If the Eagles actually had a good QB, they'd be unstoppable. The combination of McCoy and Sproles is just relentless.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:59 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
^^ Foles is mediocre honestly. He makes dumb decisions, can't run, never gets rid of the ball, can't lead players and always throws behind them or way over their heads.

He is a mediocre quarterback put in an AWESOME offense with top NFL players, #1 running back and awesome play calling. It's impossible for him to not be successful. If the Eagles actually had a good QB, they'd be unstoppable. The combination of McCoy and Sproles is just relentless.
Yeah but I am going to be openminded and realize these are 2 AFC teams who don't know much about the eagles. When they start playing the NFC teams coming up in the next 2 weeks then things will change. Should be a very interesting game in philly next sunday between the eagles and the skins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or