U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which QB is Better?
Brett Favre 14 45.16%
Aaron Rodgers 17 54.84%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 06:07 PM

1,069 posts, read 555,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Good debate.. and yeah, this is how I view it as well.. It's kinda' premature to compare resume's

If we're just going by eyeball test, I could subjectively say Rodgers looks like the more complete package.. But it's hard to compare complete resume's, bcuz Rodgers is still mid-career. Favre accumulated much higher, more impressive total #s.
Some posters are trying to diminish the quality of Favre's cumulative numbers; suggesting racking up numbers due to longevity is a cheap thing (). Durability & Availability are critical assets in pro sports, especially at the QB position..
Couldn't agree more, his durability should be commended, not held against him as a knock, I don't understand the logic some posters use. When Favre came to GB, they were pathetic for 25 yrs, he was the main cog in rebuilding that team. When Favre left, that team finished 13-3, so Rodgers stepped into a much easier situation than Favre did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 08:20 PM

4,322 posts, read 2,256,850 times
As now Favre's TD-INT numbers are 508-336 and Aaron Rodgers' are 257-65 which are pretty good numbers for Rodgers. Favre threw more bad throws than good throws in his late career even though he still threw more good throws than bad throws in his ENTIRE career. He broke the record for most interceptions in his career against the Redskins in 2007.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:50 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,279,045 times
Favre = More exciting, frustrating, intense.
Rodgers = Cool, calm, collected, calculated.

Rodgers is statistically the better QB, Favre TRULY left everything out there.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:48 AM

2,369 posts, read 3,057,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
As now Favre's TD-INT numbers are 508-336 and Aaron Rodgers' are 257-65 which are pretty good numbers for Rodgers. Favre threw more bad throws than good throws in his late career even though he still threw more good throws than bad throws in his ENTIRE career. He broke the record for most interceptions in his career against the Redskins in 2007.

all throughout his career...

Old 02-04-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
all throughout his career...
I understand that but you can't seriously say that Favre was one of the worst QBs ever. Look at Tebow, he throws more bad throws just as much as Favre did.

Old 02-04-2016, 02:05 PM

211 posts, read 81,901 times
Quote:
I understand that but you can't seriously say that Favre was one of the worst QBs ever. Look at Tebow, he throws more bad throws just as much as Favre did.
Never, ever, ever, ever compare Tim Tebow with Brett Favre....Favre is a 3 time MVP, SB winner, 11 time probowler and I am going to venture a guess as a lock first ballot HOF QB....he is arguably in the top 10 QBs ever to play the game...Favre rescued GB....GB was pitiful from the late 60's until Favre arrived in 92. Favre put them on the map and made that team relevant again....did he have an ego, probably. Was Favre a bit of a Primadona, sure (be fair, Rodgers isn't winning any popularity contests with his personality). You may not like his personality, but Favre was a GREAT QB

Old 02-04-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
Never, ever, ever, ever compare Tim Tebow with Brett Favre....Favre is a 3 time MVP, SB winner, 11 time probowler and I am going to venture a guess as a lock first ballot HOF QB....he is arguably in the top 10 QBs ever to play the game...Favre rescued GB....GB was pitiful from the late 60's until Favre arrived in 92. Favre put them on the map and made that team relevant again....did he have an ego, probably. Was Favre a bit of a Primadona, sure (be fair, Rodgers isn't winning any popularity contests with his personality). You may not like his personality, but Favre was a GREAT QB
Why not? I know I like his personality, I know he's came from behind and won for Green Bay before, just like Rodgers, and yes, I know Favre was great player but he threw WAY TOO MANY bad passes in his career, period and he was more of a gunslinger as I personally believe that Rodgers is a better QB because he doesn't try force the ball as Favre did. Rodgers is a steady quarterback and he won more MVPs than Favre including the Super Bowl over Pittsburgh. Rodgers was also a Super Bowl winner and is also a Pro Bowler. His numbers for TDS-INT are way better than Favre though Rodgers is still young yet. Besides Favre got hurt alot in his career, especially with the Packers, no matter how bad his injury was he would never miss a game as Rodgers has. Remember when Rodgers broke his collarbone? He almost was lost for the season that time. Do you also remember the game in Dallas where Rodgers threw his first career NFL touchdown after Favre got hurt? You say that the Packers were pitiful in the late 1960s? That's not the case with Bart Starr or Majkowski in the 1990s.

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 02-04-2016 at 02:25 PM..

Old 02-04-2016, 03:14 PM

211 posts, read 81,901 times
Quote:
Besides Favre got hurt alot in his career, especially with the Packers, no matter how bad his injury was he would never miss a game as Rodgers has
So being tough and playing 250+ straight games is a bad thing? shot in the dark here, you are to young to remember seeing Favre play, aren't you

Old 02-04-2016, 03:18 PM

2,746 posts, read 2,368,244 times
Quote:
Rodgers is a steady quarterback and he won more MVPs than Favre including the Super Bowl over Pittsburgh.
Favre has more regular season MVP awards. Three -- 1995, 96, 97.
Rodgers has two regular season MVP awards so far -- 2011, 2014. He also has a super bowl MVP award.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
So being tough and playing 250+ straight games is a bad thing? shot in the dark here, you are to young to remember seeing Favre play, aren't you
It can be a bad thing though what impresses me about Favre is that he would start every game as Packer no matter how bad his injury was. Regarding my age, I am only 19, the only game I can remember Favre playing, besides the Viking-Packer rivalry in 2010 as a Packer, is Favre's interception against the Giants in the Championship Game which costed the Packers to play in the Super Bowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football