U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which QB is Better?
Brett Favre 14 45.16%
Aaron Rodgers 17 54.84%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2016, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,930 posts, read 19,205,979 times
Reputation: 9178

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
In SB 32, Favre was 25-42 for 256 yards and 3 TDs, 1 Int....if you even watched that game, GB had 2 big fumbles that they lost....unless you are biased, Favres stat line was hardly a flop one of the fumbles was Favre who was sacked on the play....Terrel Davis gashed the GB defense for 157 yds rushing and 3 TDs....GB losing that SB was on the GB defense, not their offense
I think you might want to refresh your memory on that game.

Favre's interception came as a result of Denver showing blitz and then backing off. Favre failed to read the play and literally threw the ball right to Denver strong safety Tyrone Braxton.

The sack and fumble was also on Favre. Denver used an overload zone blitz to the blindside with free safety Steve Atwater coming down into the box presnap. Favre completely failed to account for this and audible either the play or protection, even knowing that the play called for a five step drop.

Antonio Freeman's fumble on the kickoff return was ultimately irrelevant as John Elway threw a pick on the very next play.

Favre's two turnovers directly resulted in Denver scoring 10 points, and he would have had a 2nd interception had Steve Atwater failed to develop stone hands suddenly. While he didn't play a terrible game, he made several critical errors that badly hurt his team and whats worse is that those errors were typical Brett Favre sandlot type of errors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2016, 09:25 AM
 
211 posts, read 82,375 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
I think you might want to refresh your memory on that game.

Favre's interception came as a result of Denver showing blitz and then backing off. Favre failed to read the play and literally threw the ball right to Denver strong safety Tyrone Braxton.

The sack and fumble was also on Favre. Denver used an overload zone blitz to the blindside with free safety Steve Atwater coming down into the box presnap. Favre completely failed to account for this and audible either the play or protection, even knowing that the play called for a five step drop.

Antonio Freeman's fumble on the kickoff return was ultimately irrelevant as John Elway threw a pick on the very next play.

Favre's two turnovers directly resulted in Denver scoring 10 points, and he would have had a 2nd interception had Steve Atwater failed to develop stone hands suddenly. While he didn't play a terrible game, he made several critical errors that badly hurt his team and whats worse is that those errors were typical Brett Favre sandlot type of errors.
You want to put that SB loss on Favre, I don't see it, but it's that's your opinion....I personally think that loss was on the defense, they gave up 180 yds of rushing, which is embarrasing, but that is my take

Let's be fair, using your criteria, the Ariz vs GB Divisional round game back in 2010 in which Ariz won 51-45....Rodgers threw for over 400 yds, 4 TDs....but he threw a costly Int in either late first/early second Qtr that led to an Ariz TD, he also fumbled the ball, that allowed the Cards score the winning TD in OT....is it fair to say you put that loss on Rodgers? Two very critical mistakes that led directly to Ariz scoring 13 pts in what was a 6 point game....be consistent now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,930 posts, read 19,205,979 times
Reputation: 9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
You want to put that SB loss on Favre, I don't see it, but it's that's your opinion....I personally think that loss was on the defense, they gave up 180 yds of rushing, which is embarrasing, but that is my take

Let's be fair, using your criteria, the Ariz vs GB Divisional round game back in 2010 in which Ariz won 51-45....Rodgers threw for over 400 yds, 4 TDs....but he threw a costly Int in either late first/early second Qtr that led to an Ariz TD, he also fumbled the ball, that allowed the Cards score the winning TD in OT....is it fair to say you put that loss on Rodgers? Two very critical mistakes that led directly to Ariz scoring 13 pts in what was a 6 point game....be consistent now
I never said the loss was on Favre. Football is a complex team game and no one single outcome is ever on a single player. That said, he made those critical mistakes that resulted in 10 points for Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 09:49 AM
 
211 posts, read 82,375 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
I never said the loss was on Favre. Football is a complex team game and no one single outcome is ever on a single player. That said, he made those critical mistakes that resulted in 10 points for Denver.
Ok, same as Rodgers making those CRITICAL mistakes in the loss to Ariz that accounted for 13 Ariz points in what ended up a 6 point game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,325 posts, read 2,271,551 times
Reputation: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
Ok, same as Rodgers making those CRITICAL mistakes in the loss to Ariz that accounted for 13 Ariz points in what ended up a 6 point game
Aaron Rodgers had nothing to do with the issues. The offensive line was banged out so bad that Mike McCarthy had to get Rodgers out of there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,930 posts, read 19,205,979 times
Reputation: 9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
Ok, same as Rodgers making those CRITICAL mistakes in the loss to Ariz that accounted for 13 Ariz points in what ended up a 6 point game
You need to provide a deeper analysis of those plays to make your point. That is why I specifically laid out what happened on the two Favre turnovers in SB32.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 09:58 AM
 
211 posts, read 82,375 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Aaron Rodgers had nothing to do with the issues. The offensive line was banged out so bad that Mike McCarthy had to get Rodgers out of there.
Jonathan, keep up with us here....I am referencing the Ariz-GB game in 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2016, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
4,325 posts, read 2,271,551 times
Reputation: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southeast Hillbilly View Post
Jonathan, keep up with us here....I am referencing the Ariz-GB game in 2010
Oh, okay. Rodgers didn't look very sharp in that game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Southern Colorado
3,663 posts, read 1,803,132 times
Reputation: 4704
I'm in Denver so still feeling a bit intoxicated. Favre was a good, solid workmanlike quarterback. Rogers is a magician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2016, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Midwest
4,635 posts, read 3,988,645 times
Reputation: 6631
Favre was a gunslinger. Rodgers is a surgeon. Both are/were great. Rodgers is better in my opinion. So far he is the all time career leader in passer rating and has the best TD-INT ratio of all time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top