U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:31 PM

28,493 posts, read 15,453,012 times

Advertisements

Thanksgiving - all NFC - note: CBS used to show only AFC games, or AFC road interconference games.

CHI @ DET (CBS)
PHI @ DAL (FOX)
SEA @ SF (NBC)

--------------------------------------

Flex scheduling begins in week 5

----------------------------------------

ESPN gets NBC's 1st wild card game, NBC gets a divisional playoff game that will alternate between AFC and NFC each year.

--------------------------------

Dan Dierdorf, signs a 3-year deal to be radio analyst for Michigan football. Trent Green has joined CBS as an NFL game analyst.

-----------------------------------

London Games
Wk 4 - Mia v Oak
Wk 8 - Det v Atl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 08:37 AM

28,493 posts, read 15,453,012 times
Interesting article that I have not read all the way thru yet...

How the 2014 Schedule Was Made

A different Thanksgiving. Three games, six NFC teams, three rivalries: Chicago at Detroit, Philadelphia at Dallas and, in the nightcap from California, Seattle at San Francisco. We decided to make a statement on Thanksgiving, Katz said. It sounds corny, but its our most traditional national holiday. Lets play great traditional rivalries game on Thanksgiving. So we took Chicago-Detroit and made that our CBS game.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:04 AM

368 posts, read 308,054 times
I would like to know why the Super Bowl rematch wasn't fitted into a prime time slot, and how did the Jets of all teams manage to get two Monday Night games at home?

Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
I would like to know why the Super Bowl rematch wasn't fitted into a prime time slot, and how did the Jets of all teams manage to get two Monday Night games at home?
Probably because CBS wanted it for themselves and gave up multiple games down the road in order to keep it. That's just a guess though.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:34 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
It might have something to do with the game being such a blow out, do they want to go that route again? Other than the opener Seattle didn't get any evening games at home, 3 away. Packers have 5 evening games, 3 at home, 2 away. I would think the SB champs would get more preferential treatment.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:12 PM

579 posts, read 640,179 times
MNF & SNF schedules look solid for a change. Jets will always get tons of games considering they are in a huge market. Nice to see teams like Titans & Dolphins only get 1 game.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:23 AM

4,888 posts, read 3,975,734 times
All the talk and planning of the new schedule, well look what happened. I had this dream, more like a nightmare, that it was the last week of the NFL season and I had not been able to watch a single game all year. TO make matters worse, I turned on the TV and the game had just ended with the announcers talking about the RAMS being the Number 1 seed in the payoffs.

No, I do not do drugs or even drink anymore, but I might start if I missed football season.

Anyway, I don;t know which was worse, missing football or the rams winning

Last season, it seemed like the Cowpokes had the most TV games, Monday Sunday and One on THursday And they turned out to be another mediocre team, all hype and no substance.
Maybe the Pack will fare better, at least they are looking at postseason play.

I would consider ourselves lucky that my son;s favorite team comes in late December to play the Succaneers, which means it will not be blistering hot like in September

Old 04-25-2014, 10:52 AM
YAZ

7,075 posts, read 11,847,356 times
So far, my Lions have three nationally televised games.

We have the Monday Night Opener vs. the NY Football Giants, overseas for a game vs. Atlanta, and of course Thanksgiving.

Locally, we'll get the Cards vs. Lions here in AZ.

Later in the season; perfect for tailgating in the desert.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:56 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,977,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

I went to the Bronco/Cardinal game in mid December 2010, just the week after head coach Josh McDaniels was shown the door. Love the stadium!

And the Cardinal fans certainly let it rip on me but all in good fun, I had a blast! Even though Denver got their butts handed to them!

Yaz is right. Temps in late season are in the mid 70's to low 80's. Can't beat it!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 04-25-2014 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-25-2014, 03:29 PM

368 posts, read 308,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

We have the Monday Night Opener vs. the NY Football Giants, overseas for a game vs. Atlanta, and of course Thanksgiving.

Locally, we'll get the Cards vs. Lions here in AZ.

I'm not a Lions fan but I am really looking forward to waking up at 9:30 EST to catch a football game. That, followed by Seattle @ Carolina and Chicago @ New England, followed by Indianapolis @ Pittsburgh and Philadelphia @ Arizona, followed by Green Bay @ New Orleans. What a lineup! Great games all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or