U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:36 PM

3,003 posts, read 3,159,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70. View Post
Aw, c'mon. the Patriots smoked indy the first time they played - at Indy, no less. next meeting will be in Foxboro, and the Colts are going to get ass-poked until they love the Patriots.

Well said, it seems you are every bit as tactful as I. Its not that people have forgotten about the colts, I keep remembering they have only one championship. All you hear about is The PATS, and whats wrong with that?
PATS keep on keeping on................................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 03:16 PM

87,016 posts, read 102,674,652 times
Please note this pittnurse70. is not me! Someone hijacked my name by adding a period to the end and apparently went on some sort of rampage posting insulting stuff. (This from someone on the Pittsburgh forum) Re: football, I am a Steelers fan first and a Broncos fan second. FWIW

Old 12-10-2007, 05:52 PM

1,117 posts, read 3,240,522 times
Having grown up in Pittsburgh and spending my adult life in Indy you can easily figure out which two teams I root for and the Pats have broken my heart twice this year but, because I am a fan of the game, I have the utmost respect and admiration of the selfless professionals that do nothing but WIN. The seventies Steelers was the best team EVER but what we are seeing now in New England AND in Indy, especially in this day of free agency is truly something special.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:17 PM

2,003 posts, read 4,398,943 times
Default put your money where your mouth is

I wish I was the owner of city-data.com/bookmaker I would clean up with you guys. The Pats will not bet defeated for the rest of the year, separate yourself from your team loyalties and look at the situation objectively. They are the best team ever and win even when they are supposed to lose.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:07 AM

270 posts, read 1,103,576 times
samyn my loyalty is with the colts but they can hang with the pats you may think this is an excuse but the colts have been with out at least one of there main players almost the whole year. The pats would not be as good if moss hade been out as long as harrision or if welker was out like clark was. So the colts will have harrision back for at least the playoffs and even without Freeny on D Sanders is leading with some force. so dont gevie me that crap that "that wish I was the owner of city-data.com/bookmaker I would clean up with you guys" you have no idea what can happen and NOTHING is a sure thing i mean nothing is a sure thing. look at how good the saints were supposed to be and it was a sure thing at the beginning of the year. so you think i have no idea you need to listen to yourself

Disclaimer: i am not angry just sick of hearing how the pats can not be stopped much love

Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 AM

6,760 posts, read 10,437,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
look at the situation objectively. They are the best team ever and win even when they are supposed to lose.
Calling them the best team ever is not subjective, its objective and lends itself to a lot of opinions.

I would consider the 85 Bears or the 89 49ers as just as good.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:52 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,125,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Calling them the best team ever is not subjective, its objective and lends itself to a lot of opinions.

I would consider the 85 Bears or the 89 49ers as just as good.
The '84 Niners weren't so shabby either. Those two teams you mention, though, are top-notch. One of the few highlights of being a Packer fan in the80s was when they beat the Niners in '89.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:31 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,847,941 times
1991 Washington Redskins should be in that conversation too.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:25 AM

270 posts, read 1,103,576 times
another win for the defending super bowl champs they are rollin just like the other top teams are. Clinched a bye a good time for us to get healthy.
We are still under the radar i love it that way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football