U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 AM

32,363 posts, read 59,787,282 times

Advertisements

The Cleveland Browns

Overall
History and Tradition: A. Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Lou Groza, Mac Speedie, Ozzie Newsome, Hanford Dixon, Bernie Kosar ... And then there's stuff like Red Right 88, The Drive, and of course Art Modell -- not positive points in the team's history, but points that serve to unite the fans and the team nonetheless.
Division: A. It's great being in a division with teams you really really really hate! Heh.
Uniforms: A, for thumbing noses at the NFL's voracious marketing machine. We don't need no stinkin' logo OR The orange helmet is the logo. Take your pick.
Ownership: B-.
Location: A. Location of Cleveland? Or of the stadium? Either way, how can you beat the beautiful shores of Lake Erie?
Stadium: Haven't been there yet.
Fans: A++++++. The reach of the Cleveland Browns Backers Worldwide says it all. Look into the stands next time the Browns play in someone else's house.

2007 Season
Offense: B and much improved. It's nice to see a decent offensive line for the first time in many years.
Defense: D. Trouble stopping the run.
Special Teams: B
Coaching: B. At least they're not doing anything too stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 01:46 PM

262 posts, read 225,123 times
The New England Patriots

History Tradition:C+
Division:B The teams in the afc east are horrible but i give it a B because its great rivalries.
Uniforms:A
Ownership:A+ Robert Kraft is a genius
Location:B- because the stadiums is pretty far away from boston
Stadium:A+
Fans:B The reason i give this a B and not a A is because even thought the stadium is full everyweek the fans dont seem to be as into the game as other places not as load and things like that.

2007 Season

A+++++++++ In everything

Old 12-11-2007, 08:35 PM

613 posts, read 1,173,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Agree with nearly everything here except for Barnett- he is far and away the best LB on this team this year- and it's not even close (and I was never a big Barnett fan before- thought he was all bark and no bite). If there's justice, he'll be going to Hawaii in February. Also think Crosby is better than you are giving him credit for. Learning to kick in Lambeau in cold weather ain't easy. He has the leg, and the mental makeup to be a good kicker.
when i say barnett is brutal i mean he is an animal...ive been a fan of his since he joined the packers...but this year he really stepped his game up...and youre right he is the best lb on the packers right now...but hawk is awesome ...i really like him and i predict when he gets a few years under his belt he is going to be one of the best of all time on any team...watch how he plays sunday...if theres justice i think both will be going to hawaii....also youre right i might be being alil harsh on crosby but as of right now kicker is the worst position on the packers...i wish we still had longwell...hes the man

Old 12-11-2007, 08:41 PM

613 posts, read 1,173,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
The New England Patriots

History Tradition:C+
Division:B The teams in the afc east are horrible but i give it a B because its great rivalries.
Uniforms:A
Ownership:A+ Robert Kraft is a genius
Location:B- because the stadiums is pretty far away from boston
Stadium:A+
Fans:B The reason i give this a B and not a A is because even thought the stadium is full everyweek the fans dont seem to be as into the game as other places not as load and things like that.

2007 Season

A+++++++++ In everything
F the patriots. personally i dont see how anyone can like them. well moss is just ridiculously awesome. but brady and everyone else on that team makes me want to puke.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:15 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,236,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
F the patriots. personally i dont see how anyone can like them. well moss is just ridiculously awesome. but brady and everyone else on that team makes me want to puke.
Other than the coach being an absolute zero how can you not respect what that team is doing? The are the most selfless, business like winners I have ever seen. I want to hate them because they have broken my heart so many times but I still respect what they are doing and how they are doing it.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:21 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,384,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
Yeah, great, great. Wonderful. BradyBestQB_truth.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:36 PM

985 posts, read 2,590,525 times
I am a big Eagles fan...we did give the patriots a run for there money
but in the end the Patriots are just to good!!!
Rate my team....where do I begin!!!!
Westbrook...A+++
Thats about it!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,719,530 times
Giants...

History Tradition: B-
Division: A
Uniforms: B (no crazy designs or tackiness, not a big fan of the white jerseys though)
Ownership: C
Location: B (I wish it was out on LI or something so we can actually be the NEW YORK Giants again)
Stadium: new one going up, hear it's a good one! A+ for the new one, F for the old one
Fans: A+ Loyal and fun to be around

Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 PM

2,116 posts, read 4,200,133 times
Dude, A for the Pats Jerseys? Noo way. Bring back the old school logo.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:58 AM

3,350 posts, read 5,951,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Other than the coach being an absolute zero how can you not respect what that team is doing? The are the most selfless, business like winners I have ever seen. I want to hate them because they have broken my heart so many times but I still respect what they are doing and how they are doing it.
Ya know, I respected them before this season. I love seeing a dominant team at the top of its game. I loved how nobody seemed to be into individual accolades. They embraced the idea of teamwork.

Then the whole Spygate thing came out. I could have forgiven them if the organization had just come clean and Belichick had shown some genuine contrition. But then he turned into Bill Clinton, parsing words and talking about how he interpreted the rules differently, and insisting on "moving on," as if it never happened. And then the team started taking it out on the rest of the league by running up the score on everyone. If you're up by 30 points late in the 3rd quarter, your opponent is outmatched, and you have a 4th down in their red zone, you take the field goal. You don't try to convert and keep pushing for a touchdown. That's petty, disrespectful, classless, and unprofessional. Between Spygate, the handling of Spygate, and their play on the field, I've lost all respect for this team, and I can't wait for someone to knock them off their perch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or