U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:04 AM

3,350 posts, read 5,960,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Green Bay Packers: Overall A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What else would you expect me to rate them as??

Some key things:

Only NFL team to win 3 straight championships (once 1929-1931, again 1965-1967)
12 total championships most in NFL (granted GB has been around a lot longer than some)
Lambeau Field: 3 things---Lambeau Leap, Frozen Tundra, Ice Bowl
Also there is no other NFL franchise with the community/team relationship that is woven so tightly
TN, we must have been separated at birth. I've been a Pack fan since 1982. I was kid back then, and I made a habit of picking a new favorite team every year. That year, it was the Packers, and it turned out to be the first time in 10 years they made the playoffs. So I stuck with 'em, and I've been a fan ever since. I got sucked in by the history, the tradition, the whole David vs. Goliath small-town appeal, the unprecedented number of championships, the whole thing. Now I'm a shareholder! I can never imagine being a fan of any other team the way I back my Packers. There's nothing else like the Packers in all of professional sports. They'll always be my favorite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 08:31 PM

357 posts, read 817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The Cleveland Browns

Overall
History and Tradition: A. Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Lou Groza, Mac Speedie, Ozzie Newsome, Hanford Dixon, Bernie Kosar ... And then there's stuff like Red Right 88, The Drive, and of course Art Modell -- not positive points in the team's history, but points that serve to unite the fans and the team nonetheless.
Division: A. It's great being in a division with teams you really really really hate! Heh.
Uniforms: A, for thumbing noses at the NFL's voracious marketing machine. We don't need no stinkin' logo OR The orange helmet is the logo. Take your pick.
Ownership: B-.
Location: A. Location of Cleveland? Or of the stadium? Either way, how can you beat the beautiful shores of Lake Erie?
Stadium: Haven't been there yet.
Fans: A++++++. The reach of the Cleveland Browns Backers Worldwide says it all. Look into the stands next time the Browns play in someone else's house.

2007 Season
Offense: B and much improved. It's nice to see a decent offensive line for the first time in many years.
Defense: D. Trouble stopping the run.
Special Teams: B
Coaching: B. At least they're not doing anything too stupid.

Having been to the new stadium, I'll rate it at least a B+. It lacks the traditional charm of the old stadium, but it is a great stadium in a wonderful location. If it were slightly less commercial, and more nostalgic, it would get the bump into the As. Perhaps time will give it a character all its own...

GO BROWNS!!!!

Old 12-25-2007, 03:29 PM

463 posts, read 510,707 times
Raiders F F F F F FF F F F FF F F F F FF F

Old 12-25-2007, 08:36 PM

357 posts, read 817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Raiders F F F F F FF F F F FF F F F F FF F

Well, hopefully you're sticking by the team, regardless. You don't want to prove the fan rankings (Oakland 32nd out of 32 for fan support).

Old 12-26-2007, 01:27 AM

385 posts, read 742,700 times
Falcons: D-....could have easily said "F" but our defense is OK, and I have hopes that the draft could be good for us.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:52 AM

1,015 posts, read 3,017,680 times
Buffalo Bills

Overall a grade C which I would grade lower if not for Kevin Everett and 14 or so players on IR, including a few key starters. Next year is year three for Jauronimo and it will be the year that defines "going up or going nowhere". Wings anyone?

Old 12-27-2007, 12:09 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,883,404 times
Washington Redskins

Regardless of what happens on Sunday vs Dallas, I give them an A-

They have been resilient after losing almost their entire offensive line and key players for the season, not to mention Sean Taylor's death, and then coming back to win three straight with a backup QB. Hail to the Skins! they are an inspiration and a good example of overcoming adversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or