U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:51 PM

6,561 posts, read 10,270,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Cleveland finally has a winner!
Cleveland has serious issues and a terrible recent history drafting quarterbacks. Manziel brings them credibility, but the team sucks and their owner is under investigation by the feds. There's a ton of pressure on him now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 03:02 AM

204 posts, read 258,908 times
How nutty did the 49ers Draft Party look? Crazier than most NFL playoff parties

Old 05-09-2014, 06:21 AM

1,687 posts, read 2,058,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
Liking Cleveland for Manziel ..
You nailed it!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:54 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,076,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Cleveland finally has a winner!

Time will tell, but I'm optimistic. I know the draft is always a crap shoot, and given the Browns history in the draft since 1999, it's been more busts than booms. However; I like the way the new front office handled this. You can't beat going into next year with plenty of cap room, and 2 1st round picks again!

On a side note, while the Browns were 4-12 last year, they did have 5 Pro Bowlers! That tells me that the issue with the Browns is (or was) in the front office. Not too many 4-12 teams produce 5 Pro Bowlers! Christ, when the Patriots won their first Super Bowl, I don't think that any of them made the Pro Bowl that year. I think the new owner Jimmy Haslam has finally taken out the trash, and I think with this new front office and coaching staff is moving in the right direction of cleaning up the mistakes of past regimes.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:01 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,408,219 times
Bills trade WR Stevie Johnson to Niners for a 4th-rounder.
Nice pickup for the Niners.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:49 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,793,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You mean fallen? Guy who used to be the near consensus #1 has now fallen out of the top 5 and wasn't even the first QB taken.
No i didn't mean fallen..I never heard anyone calling him even a top ten pick. A couple of months ago
some of the so called experts said he may be a second or third round pick...

His stock has only risen within the past month, and last night it was all about him..

Dude i listen to sports talk radio every day and this GUY (john gruden like) was never considered a #1 pick..not even close..did he slip a bit, yes..but only after everyone fell in love with him the past month..

Should be an interesting night tonight with many good players on the board..

The Pat's pick...as long as this kid can stay healthy, it looks like a steal..

Old 05-09-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
That was a steal for the Niners..

Old 05-09-2014, 04:32 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,880,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
If I am a Bills fan I just sit back and shake my head. They give up a 1st and 4th round pick to move up 5 spots to grab Watkins. They then turn around and trade the only receiver on the team to consistently have any sort of production over the last few season despite playing with poor QBs. Two bad moves by the organization if you ask me.

Oh and the 49ers definitely got a steal and a nice pickup.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:35 PM

23,638 posts, read 33,434,470 times
For those who dislike the a Panthers picking Kelvin Benjamin out of Florida St over Marquise Lee out of USC. I got five words for yall. Dwayne Jarrett and Keary Colbert. End of discussion.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
If I am a Bills fan I just sit back and shake my head. They give up a 1st and 4th round pick to move up 5 spots to grab Watkins. They then turn around and trade the only receiver on the team to consistently have any sort of production over the last few season despite playing with poor QBs. Two bad moves by the organization if you ask me.

Oh and the 49ers definitely got a steal and a nice pickup.
I agree with yeah..not sure what the Bills are thinking!! He was their best receiver by far..I feel your pain man even though we are rivals..

Giving up the 1st was the real kicker in this deal..Good luck to you and your team, the bills and pats are always a good watch..

Just noticed your not a true bills fan! No biggie.. The Bills have their heads up their u know what for sure..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or