U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2009, 09:55 PM

7,238 posts, read 8,245,233 times

Advertisements

Not good. But at least there's the late season run to come right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,445,221 times
hopefully if they figure out how to play some damn defense

Old 10-20-2009, 05:16 AM

35,266 posts, read 32,223,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskray917 View Post
How soon we forget what LT has done for this team over the past few years. Fans like some of you sicken me.

How bout today

Rivers gets every team they play against jacked up with his giant PIEHOLE yappin before each game. Please tell Rivers to keep talkin and talkin and talkin.

Gonna be a long day at the office with all the grumpoid bolt backers.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:57 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,398,862 times
i like the Chargers but i really thought that could've pulled it off last nite. But it looks like back to the drwaing board

Old 10-20-2009, 02:19 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,068,792 times
I knew when they hired Norv Turner that this team would deteriorate. Of all the coaches that were available at the time, they just had to pick him. He's basically a conservative coach (like Marty) with a team that plays its best not conservatively. Even from back the Don Coryell days, the Chargers have been a wide open, big play team...remember when LT used to throw the ball once in a while? I've been a fan for like 32 years, been thru the good and really bad times, but this is sickening because they have the talent on offense. Will we ever get anybody who can tackle (which has always been a weak point). You can say what you want about Rivers mouth, but at least he cares and is into the game. I don't think we can count the Chargers out yet but Norv didn't even seem that upset at his press conference...saying we're getting better...really??? This team was suppose to be in the Super Bowl. So sad.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,398,862 times
i said they should've kept Scottenheimer (sp?) i mean the guy gets canned cause they dont go to the Super Bowl but they go to the AFC Championship. Retarded move on the guy who fired him.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:14 AM

I hate to think that Schott and Norv are the only choices SD had/has for coaches...I listen to talk radio locally and they act like those are the only two guys in the world. There is alot of talk about Pete Carroll coming to SD next year.

I haven't given up on this year yet...we actually have a pretty easy schedule left, play alot of bad teams...we could beat all these teams...KC, Oakland, Eagles, Browns, Cowboys, Bengals, Titans and Redskins and finish with 10 or 11 wins.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:39 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,869,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I knew when they hired Norv Turner that this team would deteriorate. Of all the coaches that were available at the time, they just had to pick him. He's basically a conservative coach (like Marty) with a team that plays its best not conservatively. Even from back the Don Coryell days, the Chargers have been a wide open, big play team...remember when LT used to throw the ball once in a while? I've been a fan for like 32 years, been thru the good and really bad times, but this is sickening because they have the talent on offense. Will we ever get anybody who can tackle (which has always been a weak point). You can say what you want about Rivers mouth, but at least he cares and is into the game. I don't think we can count the Chargers out yet but Norv didn't even seem that upset at his press conference...saying we're getting better...really??? This team was suppose to be in the Super Bowl. So sad.
14-2, 12-4, 8-8....it's a slow slide to Norfy mediocrity.

If anybody still thinks this man can coach, ask Oakland and Washington how long it will be before they recover from being "Norv-ed."

The man calls bizarre plays week after week that may have worked once in the past. His idea of an opening play is to run LT up the gut for a yard. It's all downhill from there. Speaking of LT, Norf has nearly singlehandedly ruined LT's career. Sending him up the middle behind Jacob Hester play after play? Are you kidding me? We need another Lorenzo Neal before LT is used completely up.

I could go on, but I won't. As a long time Charger fan, I've had it with Norv Turner and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM

we'll see what their made of this Sunday against the Giants, who will have to be coming out with blood in their eyes after losing 3 in a row. Course I would like nothing more than to see Eli Manning get trounced. I know we can beat them, but whether we will or not remains to be seen.

Boy, do I ever wish we had kept Michael Turner.

Do you think Drew Brees would be the great QB he is now if he had stayed in SD? I don't...I think going to NO was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:49 AM

13,943 posts, read 19,172,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Do you think Drew Brees would be the great QB he is now if he had stayed in SD? I don't...I think going to NO was the best thing that ever happened to him.
Absolutely not.

Brees found a home in New Orleans thanks to Sean Payton running a similar offensive system (the spread offense) to what he played in (and excelled in) at Purdue. He was not, and never will be a good fit for the more traditional West Coast Offense. Philip Rivers is a much more prototypical QB for that.

It's not a mistake on Brees' or the Chargers part. They just weren't a good fit for each other. It's not unlike what Kyle Orton is going through, coming from Chicago to Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or