U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 01:18 PM

13,945 posts, read 19,192,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Oh,yeah. Once again I had to listen to Chris Berman and all the other "experts" talk about Denver for 10 straight minutes, on how they played (or didn't play) and made excuses for them and then barely mentioned at the end of the segment how we creamed them by 30 points. If Romo had won by 30 points we'd never hear the end of it! But that's OK, we'll just keep plugging along to the Super Bowl !!!
That's probably because the media (ESPN especially) is tired of sucking off your team for the past 4-5 years only to look like fools when you inevitably choke, so they're not going to get too pumped up over you beating a banged up team with a gimpy quarterback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 01:44 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,373,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Really? Let's go over the last 4 weeks again.

Baltimore - We hung tough until later in the 4th quarter when the game slipped away from us.

Pittsburgh - Nearly the same scenario. We played the defending Super Bowl champs and for the first 3 and a half quarters we were right in it, even holding a lead later in the game before they pulled away from us.

Washington - We come out firing and jump out to an early lead, then Orton gets injured and we can't get anything going in the 2nd half

San Diego - Start the game with our backup left handed QB and promptly go down 13-0 before we put in our gimpy starter to try to save the day.

So we have a loss against the defending Super Bowl champs, a loss against the team they beat in the AFCCG, and then 2 losses with an injured starting quarterback. Sorry, that doesn't qualify as an implosion by any stretch of the imagination.
Come on man, they lost those four games by a total score of 117-37. I know the score can't tell you everything, but a -80 point differential in 4 weeks is horrid.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Come on man, they lost those four games by a total score of 117-37. I know the score can't tell you everything, but a -80 point differential in 4 weeks is horrid.
I acknowledged as such in my post. I mentioned how both the Baltimore and Pittsburg games got out of hand later in the 4th quarter.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:13 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,873,302 times
Denver fans are such sore losers. You just can't stand the fact that the Chargers are your Achilles heel when it comes to a chance for a play off spot.

I know it galls you to acknowledge the fact, but the Chargers aren't just a bunch of talentless hacks. That they are still working on putting it all together has never been disputed....but the Broncos are imploding and the Chargers are exploding....

You blew the division lead (3.5 games in front) and now you're all crying because Orton is hurt. Well he wasn't hurt when you started blowing games, so what other excuses can you come up with? Are you going to tell us that Orton is the alpha and the omega of the Denver Broncos? If that's so, you're in a world of hurt.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Denver fans are such sore losers. You just can't stand the fact that the Chargers are your Achilles heel when it comes to a chance for a play off spot.
I'm sorry. Where are me or any Bronco fans here for that matter, being sore losers?

Now do we want to talk about the Chargers fan base? Your local media has to buy up spare tickets to keep the game from being blacked out. Your stadium is falling apart, there is a good possibility your team will be moving and for years the other AFC West teams joked that they had two home games against the Chargers. Hell, isn't your current sellout streak like 6 or something?

Your fanbase (and the team for that matter) are just a bunch of Johnny-come-lately's who decided to follow them when they got hot the last few years. Meanwhile the Broncos fanbase is consistently recognized as one of the best in all of sports.

Quote:
I know it galls you to acknowledge the fact, but the Chargers aren't just a bunch of talentless hacks.
It doesn't gall me at all. There is no denying that your team is very talented, they just lack the toughness to win anything significant.

Quote:
That they are still working on putting it all together has never been disputed....but the Broncos are imploding and the Chargers are exploding...

You blew the division lead (3.5 games in front) and now you're all crying because Orton is hurt. Well he wasn't hurt when you started blowing games, so what other excuses can you come up with? Are you going to tell us that Orton is the alpha and the omega of the Denver Broncos? If that's so, you're in a world of hurt.
Did you not read my last post? We lost all of 2 games before Orton got hurt, and both of those were against teams that were playing in the AFCCG last year AND both of them beat you this year as well.

And again, how come we didn't hear any talking from you guys when we walked into your house, on a national stage (MNF) and dispensed you with relative ease while sacking Rivers for a career high.

Hey, you guys beat us when we were done. That's fine, congratulations and all that. I'll happily take the MNF win when both teams were relatively healthy.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:16 PM

460 posts, read 1,202,078 times
Quote:
I'm sorry. Where are me or any Bronco fans here for that matter, being sore losers?

Now do we want to talk about the Chargers fan base? Your local media has to buy up spare tickets to keep the game from being blacked out. Your stadium is falling apart, there is a good possibility your team will be moving and for years the other AFC West teams joked that they had two home games against the Chargers. Hell, isn't your current sellout streak like 6 or something?

Your fanbase (and the team for that matter) are just a bunch of Johnny-come-lately's who decided to follow them when they got hot the last few years. Meanwhile the Broncos fanbase is consistently recognized as one of the best in all of sports.

It doesn't gall me at all. There is no denying that your team is very talented, they just lack the toughness to win anything significant.

Did you not read my last post? We lost all of 2 games before Orton got hurt, and both of those were against teams that were playing in the AFCCG last year AND both of them beat you this year as well.

And again, how come we didn't hear any talking from you guys when we walked into your house, on a national stage (MNF) and dispensed you with relative ease while sacking Rivers for a career high.

Hey, you guys beat us when we were done. That's fine, congratulations and all that. I'll happily take the MNF win when both teams were relatively healthy.
i suppose everyone nitpicks and finds things to cry wolf about when their team is losing. cest la vie.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:29 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,076,737 times
well, we've kicked Indy's behinds for the past few years...we're one of the few teams that has Manning's number.

As far as Denver, it is becoming quite a rivalry I think. But I just can't see Orton being a franchise QB, but I'll give him credit for coming into the game.

I see they moved the Minnesota vs. Arizona game to Sunday night, Dec 6...guess they think everybody wants to see Favre now, and of course those big ratings don't hurt either.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:28 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,873,302 times
Quote:

Done?

After six games?

That's all you could muster?

So then, Denver was a flash in the pan, flying by the seat of their pants, luck out from the get go?

As a LONG time, faithful to the end Charger's fan, let me assure you, we're used to the slow starts, especially under Norf. We knew that we'd come back and kick your a**. Too bad the weight of your entire season rests upon the shoulders of one injured player. I guess the rest of your guys ain't jack then are they? Guess you'll just be drafting an entirely new team next year then since none of the rest of your players can actually play.....

Oh, and for an injured guy, Orton was moving around pretty well. It's the rest of your offense (and defense) that couldn't get it together....so what does that say about your team even with a healthy Orton?

BTW? This isn't the only fan board I read or post on. There are plenty of sore Bronc fans waaa waaa-ing about their loss to the Chargers elsewhere....

Old 11-30-2009, 01:27 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,076,737 times
another big win for the Chargers...first time they've hit 40 points this season. Course KC isn't a good team but we took advantage of all their mistakes, which is something I like to see. On to Cleveland next week

Old 11-30-2009, 02:20 PM

643 posts, read 1,228,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
another big win for the Chargers...first time they've hit 40 points this season. Course KC isn't a good team but we took advantage of all their mistakes, which is something I like to see. On to Cleveland next week
I'm always nevous about KC because they play us harder than any other division teams. Remember 2006? Kc went 4-12 and San Diego went 14-2
One of those 2 losses was to the terrible chiefs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or