U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-06-2014, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Texas
884 posts, read 947,042 times
Reputation: 915

Advertisements

Loving this Charger season! Go Chargers! Great game yesterday.....Superbowl bound!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2014, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Murrieta, CA
1,274 posts, read 1,513,187 times
Reputation: 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
Loving this Charger season! Go Chargers! Great game yesterday.....Superbowl bound!
I hope you are right. It is fun to see Charger fans outside of San Diego. Sometimes it seems like there are very few inside San Diego!

Almost everyone in San Diego has moved here from somewhere else, so stay loyal to their home teams.

At most Charger games, 60% of the Stadium is rooting for the other team.

My husband and I are natives. We went out to dinner last night. After a playoff victory and we were the only people wearing Charger shirts in the restaurant. That is just wrong!

Go Bolts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2014, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Arizona
255 posts, read 467,211 times
Reputation: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I hope you are right. It is fun to see Charger fans outside of San Diego. Sometimes it seems like there are very few inside San Diego!

Almost everyone in San Diego has moved here from somewhere else, so stay loyal to their home teams.

At most Charger games, 60% of the Stadium is rooting for the other team.

My husband and I are natives. We went out to dinner last night. After a playoff victory and we were the only people wearing Charger shirts in the restaurant. That is just wrong!

Go Bolts!
That's because they were all greeting the Chargers as they returned home!

Bolts Fans Pack Chargers Park For Team's Return
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Murrieta, CA
1,274 posts, read 1,513,187 times
Reputation: 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb19 View Post
That's because they were all greeting the Chargers as they returned home!

Bolts Fans Pack Chargers Park For Team's Return
Cool! Hope to see some excitement in this city this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2014, 01:59 AM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA/Seattle, WA
832 posts, read 960,791 times
Reputation: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I hope you are right. It is fun to see Charger fans outside of San Diego. Sometimes it seems like there are very few inside San Diego!

Almost everyone in San Diego has moved here from somewhere else, so stay loyal to their home teams.

At most Charger games, 60% of the Stadium is rooting for the other team.

My husband and I are natives. We went out to dinner last night. After a playoff victory and we were the only people wearing Charger shirts in the restaurant. That is just wrong!

Go Bolts!
Charger fan from raider country.

Win or lose sunday, this team has impressed me. They will get my standing ovation even if we lose. We have fought all year, and the team atmosphere is something we haven't seen in recent years.

LETS GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2014, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Texas
884 posts, read 947,042 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I hope you are right. It is fun to see Charger fans outside of San Diego. Sometimes it seems like there are very few inside San Diego!

Almost everyone in San Diego has moved here from somewhere else, so stay loyal to their home teams.

At most Charger games, 60% of the Stadium is rooting for the other team.

My husband and I are natives. We went out to dinner last night. After a playoff victory and we were the only people wearing Charger shirts in the restaurant. That is just wrong!

Go Bolts!
LOL! That is just wrong to be the only people wearing Charger shirts in a restaurant. I'm a San Diego native, but now live in Texas, believe me, I know the feeling. I go all out with my Charger gear in public places, sports bars, restaurants, to work (on casual days), the mall, and I even go to the few games that the Cowboys play the Chargers in Dallas with my Charger gear. There seem to be a lot of people in the Dallas area wearing Charger gear at times, I used to think it was when Tomlinson was playing (since he is from the Dallas area) but played for the Chargers.

I'm very loyal to the Chargers, and I even influence my social group here to wear Charger gear. The only problem is that it is hard to find, so I order it online or just drive 2 days to San Diego to get Charger shirts and souvenirs.

And not to bore anyone, but I used to work for the San Diego Chargers back in 1999-2004, so I was at every home game at the Qualcomm Stadium, so I must stay loyal to them no matter where I move to.

Go Chargers!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Born & Raised DC > Carolinas > Seattle > Denver
9,349 posts, read 5,587,178 times
Reputation: 9446
I'll be rooting for the Broncos, but just to give you Bolts fans a heads up, nobody here in Denver is taking the Chargers lightly. With their god awful defense, there's a chance Denver gets into a shootout with San Diego, and Rivers is capable of keeping up with Manning in that regard.

Should be a great game. Two really good offenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Murrieta, CA
1,274 posts, read 1,513,187 times
Reputation: 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I'll be rooting for the Broncos, but just to give you Bolts fans a heads up, nobody here in Denver is taking the Chargers lightly. With their god awful defense, there's a chance Denver gets into a shootout with San Diego, and Rivers is capable of keeping up with Manning in that regard.

Should be a great game. Two really good offenses.
It is funny because there are a bunch of Bronco fans where I work and they are really nervous. The Charger fans are really pumped up!

OK so finally I am seeing team spirit in the city! Today was Jersey Day at work and there were about 80% Chargers Jerseys, 10% Broncos, and 10% Seahawks.

Of the total employee population of 150 I would say 50 were in Jerseys and the other 100 could care less and this is a company that is 65% male!

More of us females were wearing Jerseys than the guys.

I was wearing Ryan Mathews #24. Interesting Stat, this year when Ryan has run more than 19 times, the Chargers are 9 - 0. RUN RYAN RUN!!!

Go Bolts!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2014, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Murrieta, CA
1,274 posts, read 1,513,187 times
Reputation: 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
LOL! That is just wrong to be the only people wearing Charger shirts in a restaurant. I'm a San Diego native, but now live in Texas, believe me, I know the feeling. I go all out with my Charger gear in public places, sports bars, restaurants, to work (on casual days), the mall, and I even go to the few games that the Cowboys play the Chargers in Dallas with my Charger gear. There seem to be a lot of people in the Dallas area wearing Charger gear at times, I used to think it was when Tomlinson was playing (since he is from the Dallas area) but played for the Chargers.

I'm very loyal to the Chargers, and I even influence my social group here to wear Charger gear. The only problem is that it is hard to find, so I order it online or just drive 2 days to San Diego to get Charger shirts and souvenirs.

And not to bore anyone, but I used to work for the San Diego Chargers back in 1999-2004, so I was at every home game at the Qualcomm Stadium, so I must stay loyal to them no matter where I move to.

Go Chargers!!
You are brave wearing Charger gear in Dallas! I have been to Dallas and I saw Dallas Cowboys stuff everywhere! All over their trucks, clothing, caps etc. Wow do they love their Cowboys!

We flew out for the Kenny Chesney concert in May in Cowboys Stadium. OMG what an incredible stadium. We did the VIP tour two days before. WOW! Went into the players locker room. Saw the $100,000 lockers, per player! Saw the 3,000 flat screen TVs. Our chairs were like recliners! We even got to go into Jerry Jones private box!!!

Wow does Texas do football right. Our Stadium is a total dump compared to Cowboys Stadium.

How fun to have worked for the Chargers! I have met Gary Big Hands Johnson, Lance Alworth, and several other "old time" Chargers. I used to work in medicine and the Chargers prior Orthopedic Surgeon shared space with us for a while and the former players liked him so much they still came to see him, even after they were no longer with the team.

Go Chargers!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2014, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,855,349 times
Reputation: 2333
Go Chargers!

Signed, fans of all other 31 NFL teams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top