Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 01:12 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times

Advertisements

I am a Broncos fan and I have to say that defensive holding call during the INT was pretty questionable. I do think that the non-fumble was an actual non-fumble though since Caldwell's forearm was on the ground before the ball started moving.

But yeah, that holding call was iffy to me. That should have been an interception for San Diego, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 01:54 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I am a Broncos fan and I have to say that defensive holding call during the INT was pretty questionable. I do think that the non-fumble was an actual non-fumble though since Caldwell's forearm was on the ground before the ball started moving.

But yeah, that holding call was iffy to me. That should have been an interception for San Diego, I think.
I think it was pretty consistent with a lot of the other calls I've seen, both last night and all season. I just watched that play again and the defender does get his arm across Welker. They've called stuff like that pretty consistently all year.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:32 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I was wondering what the heck Manning was going off on the drunked-up® scoreboard keeper about, until a friend of mine who went to the game said that they were playing "Cry me a river" all game long but you didn't see any of that on live TV.

I think it's pretty funny myself but I defend what Manning did sticking up for him.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:01 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
What happened??!!! Chargers looked pretty good and now this...a shutout???

Old 11-03-2014, 11:12 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,437,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think they are done for the season. Three losses in a row ....

Old 11-03-2014, 06:03 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think they read the articles and heard talk radio when everyone in town was sky-high on them winning 5 in a row. They thought they could just show up and automatically win. Defense is a mess.

Amazing they beat the Seahawks and then shut out by the Dolphins.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:45 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyinca View Post
I think they read the articles and heard talk radio when everyone in town was sky-high on them winning 5 in a row. They thought they could just show up and automatically win. Defense is a mess.

Amazing they beat the Seahawks and then shut out by the Dolphins.
Every game is its own dynamic. That's why you can't get too down after a bad loss. The Dolphins are not a bad team this year, and the Chargers historically have not played well down there. I called a loss, though I certainly didn't expect a 37-0 blowout. The bye can help the team hit "reset" and there is still a lot of season left. I don't think we've heard the last from the Chargers.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:19 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Every game is its own dynamic. That's why you can't get too down after a bad loss. The Dolphins are not a bad team this year, and the Chargers historically have not played well down there. I called a loss, though I certainly didn't expect a 37-0 blowout. The bye can help the team hit "reset" and there is still a lot of season left. I don't think we've heard the last from the Chargers.
I hope you are right. We are having a bit of a Bipolar season, really high highs and really low lows. That is the nature of this town, with very few natives. Fans jump on big-time and then trash them totally when they lose. The worst is when 60% of the stadium is cheering for the "away" team as was the case for the Cowboy game last year. San Diego is a nice weekend get-a-way for tourists to come see their home team and then the transplants show up in force to root for their "home" teams. My husband and I keep saying, great weather and lousy sports teams that is life in San Diego. Better than lousy weather and lousy teams.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:14 PM

833 posts, read 1,199,274 times
Every Charger fan should know -- do not let the Chargers get your hopes up!! Sadly, I know this too well.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:24 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
This is not good...

Charged Up: Tight End Threatens To Beat Quarterback’s A** During Blowout Loss [VIDEO]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football