U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2017, 09:26 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,888,035 times

Advertisements

So Spanos will be paying a relocation fee of $650 million? His game day revenue is going to take a sizable hit money playing in a soccer stadium that seats less than 30,000 for the next 2 seasons. He's going to have to fight for fans with the Rams in the LA area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 10:59 PM

21,371 posts, read 21,948,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
So Spanos will be paying a relocation fee of $650 million? His game day revenue is going to take a sizable hit money playing in a soccer stadium that seats less than 30,000 for the next 2 seasons. He's going to have to fight for fans with the Rams in the LA area.
an NFL team could play in an empty stadium and still make mountains of money

besides, the real value of an nfl team occurs when it's sold

Last edited by Ghengis; 01-13-2017 at 11:09 PM..

Old 01-16-2017, 03:58 PM

2,016 posts, read 2,017,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
That goes the same for St. Louis.

I agree, St. Louis will never see the NFL again. Ever.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:35 PM

Charger fans, I would still remain a Charger fan, it's not like the Chargers moved out of state. The Chargers wanted to make San Diego work out, but when the vote was rejected on the tourism tax, that pretty much doomed the stadium project.

It is still only a 2 hour drive to see the Chargers and they are still the closest NFL team to San Diego. Heck I have to drive a lot further then 2 hours to see my favorite football team play.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:47 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,537,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Charger fans, I would still remain a Charger fan, it's not like the Chargers moved out of state. The Chargers wanted to make San Diego work out, but when the vote was rejected on the tourism tax, that pretty much doomed the stadium project.

It is still only a 2 hour drive to see the Chargers and they are still the closest NFL team to San Diego. Heck I have to drive a lot further then 2 hours to see my favorite football team play.
Yep, the loud, angry voices on the internet keep proclaiming that "nobody's gonna show up for Charger games at Stubhub", which is laughable. That place will sell out if the Chargers are a simply decent team next season. Actually, even if they're terrible, the opposing team's fans will fill up the stadium. I will friendly wager (because we're all friends here) all of you that the Stubhub Center will sell out for every home game next season.

As such I plan to buy season tickets if the prices are somewhat reasonable, will find out in March. I'm pretty sure that the Chargers will go up against the NFC East (Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, etc) and the AFC East (Pats, Bills, etc) next year. So those are huge fanbases and huge transplant populations in LA. The tickets for those games will be in hot demand....and you already know that the Raiders, Chiefs, and Bronco fans enjoy turning road games into home games when they play the Chargers.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:49 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,864,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Yep, the loud, angry voices on the internet keep proclaiming that "nobody's gonna show up for Charger games at Stubhub", which is laughable. That place will sell out if the Chargers are a simply decent team next season. Actually, even if they're terrible, the opposing team's fans will fill up the stadium. I will friendly wager (because we're all friends here) all of you that the Stubhub Center will sell out for every home game next season.

As such I plan to buy season tickets if the prices are somewhat reasonable, will find out in March. I'm pretty sure that the Chargers will go up against the NFC East (Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, etc) and the AFC East (Pats, Bills, etc) next year. So those are huge fanbases and huge transplant populations in LA. The tickets for those games will be in hot demand....and you already know that the Raiders, Chiefs, and Bronco fans enjoy turning road games into home games when they play the Chargers.
Filling a 35,000 seat stadium with opposing Bills fans won't exactly be a good selling point for the L.A. Chargers to be viable in the L.A. market. And yes, I do plan on going to this game since I live in California.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:39 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,537,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
And yes, I do plan on going to this game since I live in California.
Did you go to the Rams/Bills game this past season at the Coliseum? I was there, tons of Bills fans, pretty cool (they left happy, though I did not).

Old 01-19-2017, 03:00 PM

I am a long time Ram fan, but I can see liking the Chargers as my favorite AFC team. I have seen the photos of the Stub Hub Center and what it would look like for a pro football game. I think that will be a cool venue to watch football.

I tell you, I would rather go there than the Coliseum.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:48 PM

3,451 posts, read 8,161,399 times
My condolences to those of you who are (were?) San Diego Chargers fans. I really wanted to see the Chargers stay in San Diego; that's where they belong.

Some of my earliest non-Philadelphia Eagles, NFL memories from the days when I started watching NFL games on a regular basis involved watching Air Coryell era Chargers games in the late afternoon on NBC.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,003,542 times
Bringing this thread up todate.

Loveautumn, this is the thread to use for talk on the Chargers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or