U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:02 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,364,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Knees can be a tricky thing, having had both of mine carved up many moons back. Rivers should be ready to go. Now, about his mouth. OK, now for Ladanian. If he stays healthy, I honestly think he could be in the position to break Emmit Smith's rushing record. Regarding Shawn Merriman, he should do the reconstruction. If he goes and screws up that knee more, well, I wouldn't anyway. The Chargers should make it back to the AFC Championship anyway, either against the Colts or the Pats. But watch out for Jacksonville!
THe AFC is wide Open. I respect the Titans, but any one of half a dozen teams could win the AFC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 AM

7,247 posts, read 8,254,513 times
Chargers got a much-needed win Sunday against the Cheifs.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:46 AM

They may as well start looking ahead to next season. They are at 4-7 and will be lucky to get a wild-card spot this post-season. Too many of these close games have hurt them.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:11 AM

14,615 posts, read 22,473,386 times
I don't like the Broncos chances against the Titan-Killer Jets next week. So if the Broncos lose that one and come home and lose to the Chiefs, They're not likely to pull out wins against the Panthers or the Bills, so all you have to do is win 3 of your next 4 games and destiny will be in your hands in the last game against the Broncos. If you win four of your next four games, then the Broncos Have to win game 16 to get in, even if they win their next 4 in a row.

At least that game last night was a good one, from start to finish. There's some consistency there. One thing's for sure, the AFC West is so weak that they're only sending one team to the playoffs. You have to win the division to get there. Who wants it? Mathmatically, the Bolts could still end their season with a winning record. Then again, the Raiders could still get it with an 8-8 record, I think.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
They may as well start looking ahead to next season. They are at 4-7 and will be lucky to get a wild-card spot this post-season. Too many of these close games have hurt them.
Agreed, and once again, they played too consertively last night. Why have a great reciever like Chris Chambers if you don't use him?

Old 11-24-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I don't like the Broncos chances against the Titan-Killer Jets next week. So if the Broncos lose that one and come home and lose to the Chiefs, They're not likely to pull out wins against the Panthers or the Bills, so all you have to do is win 3 of your next 4 games and destiny will be in your hands in the last game against the Broncos. If you win four of your next four games, then the Broncos Have to win game 16 to get in, even if they win their next 4 in a row.

At least that game last night was a good one, from start to finish. There's some consistency there. One thing's for sure, the AFC West is so weak that they're only sending one team to the playoffs. You have to win the division to get there. Who wants it? Mathmatically, the Bolts could still end their season with a winning record. Then again, the Raiders could still get it with an 8-8 record, I think.
I predicted the Raiders would beat the Broncos, they still had to be angry over getting shafted last year in Denver by Shanahan calling the timeout just before what would have been Oakland's winning field goal.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:22 AM

488 posts, read 1,042,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
You can blame good ol' Norv for that.

"First and ten, what should we do? I know, let's run LT up the middle! Second and ten. What play do you call? I know, let's run LT up the middle! Third down and eight, guess we'll have to pass....." We Charger fans have an opinion about Norv's handling of LT. Marty built LT's career and Norv is tearing it apart.

Poor LT, no time to heal and to top it all off, no Lorenzo Neal plowing through the opposing team. Instead, he's running behind Tolbert, a good player, but not a large one by any stretch of the imagination. LT is built for speed, not for taking on 300 pound defensive linemen.
Yep. Good ol Norv. For the life of me, I still can't figure out why he was ever hired in the first place.

I never was a huge Marty fan but at least with him the Chargers won more than they lost. He may have never won a super bowl but at least he produced winning teams, for the most part.
How can a head coach (Norv) take one of the best teams in football and within two years turn it into one of the worst teams in football? He has a habit of not producing winning teams. As far as I'm concerned the Spanos's got what they deserve.

Sorry for the rant. I still root for the Chargers.

My wife just asked me what I was posting about and I told her, The Chargers.
Then she asked me, "How many words does it take to say they SUCK?"
She made a very good point.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
well now, they're not dead yet. It'll be an interesting last two weeks between them and Denver.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:37 PM

14,615 posts, read 22,473,386 times
Well there ya go, Charger fans. It's redemption time. That last game was ripped off from you and now you get the Broncos at home and you're playing for the AFC West Division and the playoffs.

Please beat the Broncos and do it quick. Go up 30-0 in the first half and get it over with. This Bronco team has no business representing the AFC West and will get manhandled in the playoffs.

Am I a sore loser? Who cares. I'm just sickened to watch a team blow so many chances to put it away. But on the other hand, you guys have had to win too in order to keep this thing alive and you did.

Maybe the Bolts can go to the playoffs and make some noise. Last year, I rooted for you guys as you almost took out the Patriots! That was a tough game. The Broncos are beaten, their defense can't stop the run, the offense is one dimensional, the injuries...

I'm gonna try to take my mind of the NFL until this game is over, then I'm gonna enjoy some college football and if you guys make it to the playoffs, I'll root for you as the deserved AFC West represent.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well there ya go, Charger fans. It's redemption time. That last game was ripped off from you and now you get the Broncos at home and you're playing for the AFC West Division and the playoffs.

Please beat the Broncos and do it quick. Go up 30-0 in the first half and get it over with. This Bronco team has no business representing the AFC West and will get manhandled in the playoffs.

Am I a sore loser? Who cares. I'm just sickened to watch a team blow so many chances to put it away. But on the other hand, you guys have had to win too in order to keep this thing alive and you did.

Maybe the Bolts can go to the playoffs and make some noise. Last year, I rooted for you guys as you almost took out the Patriots! That was a tough game. The Broncos are beaten, their defense can't stop the run, the offense is one dimensional, the injuries...

I'm gonna try to take my mind of the NFL until this game is over, then I'm gonna enjoy some college football and if you guys make it to the playoffs, I'll root for you as the deserved AFC West represent.
I hope they can do it, I was rooting for them too last year. This will be an interesting game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or