Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2008, 09:55 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times

Advertisements

Well at least it wasn't a close game with a loss of 1 or 2 points! We really knew there was no hope this time, did we?

Like all the great fans say,
"Hey Yankees! You can take your trophy and stick it straight up your ###! Oh, and just wait till next year!" dadatdadada, dadadatdada...

Now onto the Bolts! Beat Cut-That-Meat!Beat Cut-That-Meat!Beat Cut-That-Meat!

I predict the Bolts and the Pathers in the Superbowl, based on superior running and defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 10:12 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
The Chargers have finally shown, within the last several games, the promise that we, their fans expected to see after their terrific 2007 season. Our key players are finally healthy (with the exception of Merriman and boy do we miss him in the pass rush).

The Chargers have already gone further than anyone could have forseen when they were 4-8. The stars have aligned correctly and every little thing that needed to happen in order for the Chargers to go to the playoffs has happened. As a long-suffering fan who bleeds Charger blue, I for one, am proud of my team and what they have managed to accomplish--against all odds.

Remember...the Chargers only lost to the Colts on a field goal this year and the team the Colts faced early on in the year is not the same team the Broncs faced last night.

Yes our secondary (what the hell happened to Antonio Cromartie this year?) and our pass rush still leave something to be desired--but with healthy players (all LT has needed all year long was a blocker big enough to give him a two second hole) and a fire to succeed, my Bolts could go all the way.

Props to LT, to Darren "Zoom Zoom" Sproles, Phillip Rivers, Jacob Hester, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Manumaleuna, Antwan Applewhite, Jamal "the Wall" Williams, Shaun Phillips, and Luis Castillo for their outstanding dedication to the game last night.

I love my CHARGERS!

Old 01-04-2009, 10:32 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
How about the Chargers win last night? I'm so glad they won, the Colts had no business being in that game, but the Chargers helped them out with some mistakes.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:01 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
..... the Colts had no business being in that game.....
Congrats to the Chargers for winning. That aside, what's up with this statement??

Old 01-06-2009, 06:48 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,341 times
Let's Go Chargers. I love the Chargers alot. besides the Bills but i do think that their luck is going to run out. I got them losing to Pittsburgh. Sadly

Old 01-06-2009, 08:05 AM

Yep, and everybody had us losing to the Colts too.

Never count the Chargers out....

Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yep, and everybody had us losing to the Colts too.

Never count the Chargers out....
True, the Chargers can always find a way to pull a rabbit outta the hat, i love em but i seriously think their luck's going to run out against Pittsburgh. I would really like San Diego to win, but idk

Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 02:10 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting scenario coming up.

1) 8-8 San Diego team possibly will play for the AFC Championship Game on Home Field advantage if they beat Pittsburg.

2) The other wildcard Team Arizona could also play the NFC Championship game at Home Field advantage with a win by Philadelphia.

3) Two Wildcard Teams play in the Superbowl.

Isn't it kool

Old 01-11-2009, 11:48 AM

The Chargers have essentially been playing play-off games for the last five weeks. No one could have forseen that they would be where they are now.

Rivers has become a rock and Darren Sproles is lightning in a bottle.

We can kill the Steelers on screens and short passes. With their stacked pass rush and deep play to cover the pass, they leave about a 10 yard zone that is free for the taking. Expect to see Hester and Michael Bennett pick up some of the missing LT slack, if Norv Turner can pull his head out of his butt long enough to take advantage of the Steeler weaknesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football