Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2018, 06:41 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Unfortunately the Chargers and Raiders don’t have a strong fan presence here. Well, truthfully the Chargers don’t have a strong fan presence anywhere. Some team threads are just not that active.
Preachin' to the choir, Mr Football...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 07:24 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
The NFL should ban putting 2 NFL teams in one city outside the New York sports market. Time has shown us that it just doesn't work. The Raiders are about to relocate again and we all know the history of the NFL in Los Angeles.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:36 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The NFL should ban putting 2 NFL teams in one city outside the New York sports market. Time has shown us that it just doesn't work. The Raiders are about to relocate again and we all know the history of the NFL in Los Angeles.
They had plenty of NFL fans, they just ran into local politicians who listened to the citizens and refused to buy a new stadium with luxury boxes for a billionaire.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:40 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Los Angeles is a unique city, it is the only city in which professional sports leagues needs the city of LA more than the city needs the league.

A perfect example is football. There was no way LA was going to hold itself hostage to using tax payer money to build a stadium for Georgia Frontierre!! That is why the Rams left LA. The LA fans slowly stopped supporting the Rams before they left for St. Louis due to a poor product and Georgia Frontierre!! And St. Louis was dumb enough to make them an offer the Rams couldn't refuse, which was also an offer that St. Louis couldn't keep up their end of the offer.

The Dodgers, Lakers and even the Kings are an example of how LA will support a winner. The Rams are now getting to the point where going to a Ram game is the place to be. Another example of the NFL needing LA more than LA needing the NFL is the value of the Rams organization, it has pretty much tripled since they moved to LA.

Stan Kreonke knew what he was doing, he knew how valuable the team would be if they moved to LA. Just wait until the new stadium is built in Inglewood!! The Rams organization will be one of the most valued franchises in all of professional sports.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:44 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,434 times
Thanks for resurrecting this thread Colt. Here's my Bolt rundown:

The Chargers will be alright. They got lit up in Week 1 by a QB who nobody had any film on, plus we severely lost the special teams matchup (Tyreek Hill punt return TD, and a punt return fumble inside our own 10 yd line which sealed the loss) Add to that a couple critical dropped passes, and the loss looked worse than it really was. We're missing our best defensive player in Joey Bosa. We'll be fine.

As for the Bills game in Week 2, the Chargers dominated the 1st half and then sleptwalked through the 2nd half. Not much to take away from that game (good or bad).

The Fight for LA is next though. Rams are a 7 point favorite. I'm torn cause I root for both of them, but would probably prefer the Rams winning (as I'm a bigger fan of them).

I'd be happy with the Chargers getting off to a 2 -2 start to the season, and hopefully getting Bosa back for October onward.

While there isn't a top 5 elite guy, the Bolts probably have the best 4-man receiving core in the league. Barely any drop-opp between Keenen Allen, the two Williams (Mike & Tyrell), and Travis Benjamin.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:07 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Thanks for resurrecting this thread Colt. Here's my Bolt rundown:

The Chargers will be alright. They got lit up in Week 1 by a QB who nobody had any film on, plus we severely lost the special teams matchup (Tyreek Hill punt return TD, and a punt return fumble inside our own 10 yd line which sealed the loss) Add to that a couple critical dropped passes, and the loss looked worse than it really was. We're missing our best defensive player in Joey Bosa. We'll be fine.

As for the Bills game in Week 2, the Chargers dominated the 1st half and then sleptwalked through the 2nd half. Not much to take away from that game (good or bad).

The Fight for LA is next though. Rams are a 7 point favorite. I'm torn cause I root for both of them, but would probably prefer the Rams winning (as I'm a bigger fan of them).

I'd be happy with the Chargers getting off to a 2 -2 start to the season, and hopefully getting Bosa back for October onward.

While there isn't a top 5 elite guy, the Bolts probably have the best 4-man receiving core in the league. Barely any drop-opp between Keenen Allen, the two Williams (Mike & Tyrell), and Travis Benjamin.
Dude, you found it!

Old 09-23-2018, 03:10 PM

Chargers seem to have gotten a steal in first round pick Derwin James (safety). He's made an impact in his first three games so far, just picked off Goff in the end zone.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:58 AM

Dominating win by the Chargers on Sunday in Cleveland. It was impressive, mostly because these are the types of games they would lose in previous years. The Browns had been in every game this season, either a field goal or a first down away from winning or tying all of 'em. So to come in there and win by 24 points, the Bolts made a statement.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:08 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Default Don't look now, but the Chargers may not be long for L.A.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...iability-in-la

If they end up moving again, my guess is San Antonio becomes a front-runner.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:33 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
https://sports.yahoo.com/least-shock...173917388.html

Another article, same points. I don't understand how the NFL thought this was going to be a good move? Nothing against the players, coaches and staff, but I am glad this is turning into a massive failure. A blatantly greedy owner is failing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football