U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 06:24 AM

3,722 posts, read 3,877,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The Myles Jack fumble recovery whistle changed who won the game.

No whistle = Jags TD. No NE Patriot in front of him, and he can fly.

There should not have been a whistle on the play, as Jack was not contacted after the recovery.
Jack would have been down by contact so even if there wasn't a whistle, any TD he may have scored would have been called back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 09:12 AM

28,456 posts, read 15,432,286 times
Good effort but the defense couldn't hold up with a 10 point 4thQ lead.

Two top level defenses didn't get it done yesterday.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:25 PM

11,057 posts, read 3,756,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Good effort but the defense couldn't hold up with a 10 point 4thQ lead.

Two top level defenses didn't get it done yesterday.

Jaguars defense is not elite...it's good and solid at times but not elite.

week 15: 49ers scored 44 points......Steelers scored 42 points.....Titans beat them twice....and they had a meltdown in the 4th quarter against the Patriots by allowing 14 points.

they have to add blitz packages in their defense and not be so stubborn in just rushing 4 defenders and give elite QB's all the time in the world and expect their secondary to hold up.

Eagles have blitz packages in their defense and they get to the QB at a better rate than the Jaguars.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:17 PM

18,865 posts, read 7,332,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Jack would have been down by contact so even if there wasn't a whistle, any TD he may have scored would have been called back.
No one touched him from the Pats. He is allowed to get up and run unless the opponent makes contact.

Old 01-23-2018, 08:50 AM

My initial take on the fumble was that it wasn't a fumble. Lewis had the ball on his hip with his hand on the ball when his body was down, before Jack got possession.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:53 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
They could have easily called it not a fumble on the field and I would have been fine with the call standing as not a fumble. But since the call on the field was a fumble I am glad that they kept the call on the field. The NFL needs to get back to "conclusive evidence" needed to overturn calls. I think that is a big part of the problem with replays these days. Let the replays correct the blatantly obvious mistakes refs make. If you have to rewatch something 15 different times from 5 different angles and you're still not quite sure just go with the call on the field. That's what frustrated me with the overturned Benjamin TD catch in the Bills vs. Pats game.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
They could have easily called it not a fumble on the field and I would have been fine with the call standing as not a fumble. But since the call on the field was a fumble I am glad that they kept the call on the field. The NFL needs to get back to "conclusive evidence" needed to overturn calls. I think that is a big part of the problem with replays these days. Let the replays correct the blatantly obvious mistakes refs make. If you have to rewatch something 15 different times from 5 different angles and you're still not quite sure just go with the call on the field. That's what frustrated me with the overturned Benjamin TD catch in the Bills vs. Pats game.
Yeah - I guess my viewpoint is that if it's not obvious within 60-90 seconds, the call on the field stands, and move on.

The Vikings TD that was called incomplete is a good example. It only took one replay to figure out they missed it.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:16 AM

21,187 posts, read 30,351,954 times
Bortles was just signed (last night) to a three year extension worth $54 million meaning for the foreseeable future, he is the franchise QB. Thoughts? Jacksonville Jaguars reach 3-year extension with QB Blake Bortles

Old 02-25-2018, 07:57 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Outside of the wild card game against the Bills he had a great playoff run. He was good in some spots in the regular season. Jags were without their best WR the whole year too. I think it was the right move to extend him for three years. See if he can improve upon his strong finish.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:04 PM

21,187 posts, read 30,351,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Outside of the wild card game against the Bills he had a great playoff run. He was good in some spots in the regular season. Jags were without their best WR the whole year too. I think it was the right move to extend him for three years. See if he can improve upon his strong finish.
Exactly, and other starters like Allen Hurns missed several games. With a healthy Allen Robinson back along with Hurns, Marqise Lee, Marcedes Lewis at TE and the rookies who by/large stepped in nicely (Cole and Westbrook) the offense has the potential to be quite scary plus allow Fournette & Co to rack up some major rushing yards too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or