Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2018, 04:11 PM

272 posts, read 182,611 times

Advertisements

Pat's cant be counted out until the very last second, as we saw last year but Jax should put up a hell of a fight, hope they win! But again if they win, Bortles is probably safe. He has been much better this year then the past few but a legit QB makes this team 1-3 in the league for years to come.

... But same could be said the Bronco's, Texans and Niners and others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 05:58 PM

4,796 posts, read 5,970,247 times
Disclaimer: I am a hardcore Patriots fan living in Jacksonville who is also a Jaguars fan.

Jaguars won against the Steelers but Ben adjusted well closing out the first half and especially the second half. Jaguars were able to stay one score ahead but they were up 21-0. If not for the botched onside kick and the Jaguars ability to get a field goal as the result we might have seen a tie game going into overtime. That was not the Jaguars defense we have seen crush the opponents all year.

The red hot Bortles showed up against the Steelers.........he needs to stay consistent.

Since Brunell the Jaguars have had a revolving door of supposedly franchise quarterbacks. Even if the Jaguars lose and Bortles has a less than a stellar outing I still think he has what it takes and the Jaguars should stick with him.

Coughlin and this team have made a remarkable comeback from the Gus years.

Going to be pulling for my Patriots this weekend but I sure am proud of these Jaguars and if they should happen to win it would still be a win for me seeing the local team heading to the Super Bowl.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:45 PM

6,401 posts, read 8,922,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
lol, as are many other teams...Houston was looking like that until Watson got hurt. You can say that about Denver, etc....

You are 100% correct, they were ignored because they are Jacksonville. Unfortunately the Jags have done nothing before this year to warrant the attention.

Again, its not an argument, just being objective.....
Their defense warranted attention all year long. Leonard Fournette was solid most of the season. Same numbers in NYC, Green Bay, Denver, etc. would have had more hype. They were winning all season.

In recent years a lot of futility but in their short exististance some quality play and seasons of note. Two previous AFC championship appearances in nothing to scoff at.

Old 01-17-2018, 02:36 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,859,125 times
The entrance to Gillette Stadium should read "ABANDON ALL HOPE,YE WHO ENTER HERE'
Do any of you REALLY think that the Jacksonvulle Jaguars are going to beat the greatest coach of all time and the greatest quarterback of all time.
Titans had the same hope and left demoralized,defeated and without any dignity
Just hope it's not too much of a blowout

Old 01-17-2018, 03:29 PM

4,659 posts, read 3,821,487 times
Another 10-6 team with a strong defense won at Gillette in the conference championship so ya, maybe they should still play the game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1301200nwe.htm

Old 01-17-2018, 04:11 PM

4,796 posts, read 5,970,247 times
Patriots fan here but my second team is the Jaguars here in my area.

Not a great feeling having to watch these two teams shooting it out knowing one has to lose this weekend.

The Jaguars have come so far this year rebounding from the Gus Bradley years it is almost unimaginable.

Watching these Jaguars this season I have seen a defense that is dam dangerous in action and will certainly give Brady a run for his money.

If Bortles shows up in top form this game is going to be shoot out. Another thing the Jaguars have going for them is they have Coughlin, who has beat the Patriots twice in the big game. It is going to be an interesting chess match between two old school coaches!

Best of luck to both teams

Old 01-18-2018, 06:44 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,859,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Another 10-6 team with a strong defense won at Gillette in the conference championship so ya, maybe they should still play the game.

Just teasin'.....actually like the Jags and wish them well.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:21 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,179,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Patriots fan here but my second team is the Jaguars here in my area.

Not a great feeling having to watch these two teams shooting it out knowing one has to lose this weekend.

The Jaguars have come so far this year rebounding from the Gus Bradley years it is almost unimaginable.

Watching these Jaguars this season I have seen a defense that is dam dangerous in action and will certainly give Brady a run for his money.

If Bortles shows up in top form this game is going to be shoot out. Another thing the Jaguars have going for them is they have Coughlin, who has beat the Patriots twice in the big game. It is going to be an interesting chess match between two old school coaches!

Best of luck to both teams
Coughlin may have instituted a "culture" and certainly has had his hand in the players acquired and released but as for "interesting chess match between two old school coaches"

I think the Coughlin angle is being waaaay over played.

The coaches are Belichick and Marrone.....one will be playing chess the other will be playing checkers.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:00 PM

6,327 posts, read 3,574,153 times
For what it is worth i really like Marrone as a head coach. Minus the BS of him quitting on the Bills he did a good job of getting an EJ Manuel/Kyle Orton lead Bills team to 9-7 in his second year. Every good coach is an unknown early in their career and that includes Belicheck.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:54 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,225,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post

in the Belichick/Brady era, Patriots are 5-1 at home in AFC championship games. The only loss was to the Ravens. Ravens are very familiar playing the Patriots because they played them a lot and the year prior the Ravens lost in the AFC championship game to Patriots, so the only lost @ Foxboro the Patriots had in an AFC championship game was a rematch with the Ravens.

Jaguars defense on the road doesn't convince me yet. Week 15 the 49ers spanked them and scored 44 points and the Steelers scored 42 points. Arizona scored 27 points with Gabbart at qb. That defense is different on the road.

2000 Ravens Defense hardly let anyone score @ home or on the road........Denver only scored 3 points, @ Tennesse 10 points, @ Oakland in the 2000 AFC championship game 3 points, Giants in the SB 7 points.

I have a feeling Brady will torch that defense at home like Ben and Garoppolo did for 86 points, 711 yards passing and 7 tds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football