U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:12 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,667,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTarheel07 View Post
Dallas should win with ease. I dont care too much for either team, so im kinda meh. I like dallas more than carolina, though. Carolina is just a plain boring team to watch, and John Fox really is overrated as a coach. They run up the middle on 3rd down and 10. Im a colts fan, so you know the kind of offensive football I like to watch.
Overrated as a coach? Based on what? Because he's conservative? He's brought that team to a SB and a Conf Championship since '03. Not as good as Belicheck and Dungy, but still damn good.

He's getting alot of abuse here in Charlotte. Alot of it IMO is undeserving.

They've used 4 Starting QB's this year. 'nuff said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 09:16 PM

58 posts, read 203,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Overrated as a coach? Based on what? Because he's conservative? He's brought that team to a SB and a Conf Championship since '03.

He's getting alot of abuse here in Charlotte. Alot of it IMO is undeserving.

They've used 4 Starting QB's this year. nuff said.

very conservative, isint offensive-minded. Everyone brings up '03. '03 was 4 years ago, he has only 1 post season apperance since then. Jake Dellhomme wasent injured last year, so whats the excuse there. How about 2004 when they missed the playoffs under fox? dellhomme wasent injured then. Injuries are no excuses. You have to win with the players on your roster.

Bottom line is that running up the middle and short 3-5 yard passes dont work in this game. It brings the safetys all up in the box, and they are ready for it. The Panthers game plan is so predictible every year.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
very conservative, isint offensive-minded. Everyone brings up '03. '03 was 4 years ago, he has only 1 post season apperance since then. Jake Dellhomme wasent injured last year, so whats the excuse there. How about 2004 when they missed the playoffs under fox? dellhomme wasent injured then. Injuries are no excuses. You have to win with the players on your roster.

Bottom line is that running up the middle and short 3-5 yard passes dont work in this game. It brings the safetys all up in the box, and they are ready for it. The Panthers game plan is so predictible every year.
Ummm, didn't they lose their starting left tackle, starting center and starting middle linebacker for the season IN THE FIRST GAME last year?

Look, I understand everyone has injuries, but jesus....

Your right, you have to win w/the players on your roster, but I'm no homer and I wasn't expecting Vinny to finish out the string this year....

They are predictable because of the QB they had...they also have 1 wide receiver. Colbert & Carter can't catch colds, Jarrett can't memorize a playbook. Ryan Robinson show a glimpse last week......it's pathetic. Foster stinks, fumbles every game.....

THIS is Fox's fault???

Old 12-19-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Jake Dellhomme wasent injured last year, so whats the excuse there.
He missed 3 of the 4 final games last year...remember chris wienke?

Quote:

When the team's key guys are healthy. They are a good football team. If they could could get a decent power type RB, 2nd WR and some secondary help they will be noticed in the NFC.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:56 PM

58 posts, read 203,787 times
Quote:
He missed 3 of the 4 final games last year...remember chris wienke?

forgot about him, I stopped watching before he got hurt last year. No doubt the panthers are a different team without dellhomme. But is dellhomme good enough to take it to the next level?

When the team's key guys are healthy. They are a good football team. If they could could get a decent power type RB, 2nd WR and some secondary help they will be noticed in the NFC.

They do need WR help. Smith could benefit from a good QB to get him the ball. Defense fell apart this year with a few injuries, but a lot of bad play

My beefs with fox are questionable play calling with the rushing game. He is not using deangelo to his best benefit and rushing plays on 3rd down are very questionable.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:59 PM

10,425 posts, read 44,634,468 times
Yes they will. And I am going to hit the pick 6 Lotto tonight.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
They do need WR help. Smith could benefit from a good QB to get him the ball. Defense fell apart this year with a few injuries, but a lot of bad play

My beefs with fox are questionable play calling with the rushing game. He is not using deangelo to his best benefit and rushing plays on 3rd down are very questionable.
Teams double(d) Smith pretty much all year. Jake and him clicked b4 he got hurt and Vinny had the Arizona game...that's basically it.

You might think I'm nuts but The D is not that bad overall IMO. They were on the field forever this year because of the ineptitude of the O. I think the Dline underachieved big time. Its only 1 season, but I'm extremely impressed w/Beason. Richard Marshall is doing very well also. The big decision will be whether to pay Julius his money or let him go. I don't think they should but I suspect they will.. They do need another safety. It was a problem coming into this year and wasn't addressed...but again, the problem w/the D IMO starts w/the line..no pressure at all on opposing QB's this year...

I do agree w/you about not using Deangelo. We know what we have (or don't have) w/DeShaun, but Deangelo needs to be given a legitimate shot.

If you noticed, the Panthers converted 50% of their 3rd downs in the Seahawk game. It kept the D off the field and most of the conversions were short passing plays...I was impressed w/M Moore..he managed the game w/some mobility which was nice to see.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,123,365 times
Quote:
Teams double(d) Smith pretty much all year. Jake and him clicked b4 he got hurt and Vinny had the Arizona game...that's basically it.

You might think I'm nuts but The D is not that bad overall IMO. They were on the field forever this year because of the ineptitude of the O. I think the Dline underachieved big time. Its only 1 season, but I'm extremely impressed w/Beason. Richard Marshall is doing very well also. The big decision will be whether to pay Julius his money or let him go. I don't think they should but I suspect they will.. They do need another safety. It was a problem coming into this year and wasn't addressed...but again, the problem w/the D IMO starts w/the line..no pressure at all on opposing QB's this year...

I do agree w/you about not using Deangelo. We know what we have (or don't have) w/DeShaun, but Deangelo needs to be given a legitimate shot.

If you noticed, the Panthers converted 50% of their 3rd downs in the Seahawk game. It kept the D off the field and most of the conversions were short passing plays...I was impressed w/M Moore..he managed the game w/some mobility which was nice to see.
People looking to run Fox out of town are morons. Most teams can't survive injuries to their #1 QB- never mind having to go all the way down to #4. It's not Fox's fault, either, that Peppers has done next to nothing this season. They're missing a lot of production from a lot of key guys. That they won the 6 games they did is a feat. Plus, and IMO this is the most important thing- they obviously haven't quit on him.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
People looking to run Fox out of town are morons. Most teams can't survive injuries to their #1 QB- never mind having to go all the way down to #4. It's not Fox's fault, either, that Peppers has done next to nothing this season. They're missing a lot of production from a lot of key guys. That they won the 6 games they did is a feat. Plus, and IMO this is the most important thing- they obviously haven't quit on him.
I've been called a moron by coworkers because I'm the only one defending Fox. I also wanted M Moore to start again SF...I love Vinny to death but I felt Fox should've taken a risk and see what they had out of Moore earlier than when they did. I know, you can say Vinny gives you the best chance to win, but IMO did it really matter?

I'm sticking to my position on this. To be honest, what worries me is not whether Fox stays or goes, more importantly, will Jake be 100% healthy next year?

See, they have a problem for the draft. If they bank on him being healthy, they won't key on a QB for the draft. BUT, who knows how he'll be next year...no guarantee he'll be ready for training camp.....

Can't explain the Peppers thing...is he hurt and hiding it? Who knows....what a mystery...

Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 AM

3,336 posts, read 12,640,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
the cowboys will get back on track and beat the panthers 30-14
I'm hoping that Jessica Simpson shows up to the game. She is kryptonite for Romo and the Cowboys. Romo's 2 worse performances in the N.F.L. and guess who was in the stands. He's got to leave his girlfriends home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football