Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:34 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times

Advertisements

Not likely to ever happen again.

Patriots were somewhat of a fluke because they play in the worst division in football that year. That 2007 year the Patriots went undefeated, the rest of the AFC East went a combined 12-36. Being able to play the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills twice a year is the best thing that ever happened to Tom Brady's career. not to say that he ISN'T one of the GOATs, but playing in a weak division for over a decade definitely helped give him homefield advantage every year in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 07:44 AM

4,667 posts, read 3,862,590 times
I wouldn't say that it's not going to happen because you never know before the season starts. Chances are against it though. Chiefs went undefeated the longest last year. They lost in week 11 & then went on to lose 5 of their next 7 games. It will probably be another season like 2010 when the longest undefeated team was the Chiefs who went 3-0.

So who will go undefeated the longest?
My initial thought was the Broncos, but then I looked at week 3 where they play at Seattle. Teams with a weak division have the best chance. Colts have a weak division but they play at Denver in week 1 & later play the Patriots.
Patriots have a pretty easy division but they play at Indy, GB, & KC and then home vs Denver. So it'll probably be some team who didn't do well last year but has an easy schedule & starts out really well & then fades. Why not the St Louis Rams! ha

Old 07-28-2014, 01:17 PM

Denver's achillies heel last year was its defense. However, this off-season, they brought in TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, and DeMarcus Ware. They'll also have Von Miller back healthy (missed 2nd half of season with torn ACL). I expect the defense to be much improved.

If I had to choose a team, I'd say Denver has the best chance at 16-0. Seattle has to play SF twice and the Broncos. I just can't see them going 3-0 in those games.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:40 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Denver's achillies heel last year was its defense. However, this off-season, they brought in TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, and DeMarcus Ware. They'll also have Von Miller back healthy (missed 2nd half of season with torn ACL). I expect the defense to be much improved.

If I had to choose a team, I'd say Denver has the best chance at 16-0. Seattle has to play SF twice and the Broncos. I just can't see them going 3-0 in those games.

It can happen though.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
[/b]
It can happen though.
Yeah it could, you never know I guess.

"Any given Sunday."

Old 07-29-2014, 07:34 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Someone else will eventually go undefeated and win it all. Sorry Dolphins, but it will happen at some point. Having said that, it's not happening this year.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:49 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Not likely to ever happen again.

Patriots were somewhat of a fluke because they play in the worst division in football that year. That 2007 year the Patriots went undefeated, the rest of the AFC East went a combined 12-36. Being able to play the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills twice a year is the best thing that ever happened to Tom Brady's career. not to say that he ISN'T one of the GOATs, but playing in a weak division for over a decade definitely helped give him homefield advantage every year in the playoffs.
In 2007 the Patriots beat 6 playoff teams, including half the teams that made the playoffs in the NFC. They went on the road and pounded Dallas, arguably the best team in the NFC during the regular season. They also went on the road and beat Indianapolis too. They cannot help that their division was weak that year. Every division goes through a period of decline. However, given they have consistently won their division means they have the play the 3 division winners in the AFC from the previous season.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:00 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
I don't see it happening.. but would love to see some team get close and then Go for it the way the Pats did in 2007. That created one of the best end of year scenerios imaginable and to have the Giants pull a major upset in the Super Bowl. I don't think the NFL could have written a better story.. so yea, i hope it happens but I am not gonna hold my breath.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:12 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
I'm not seeing it.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:21 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Seahawks with that Defense will be the close, or the Broncos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football