Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Peyton Manning win his second Super Bowl ring this season?
Yes 8 25.00%
No 25 78.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 02:13 PM

812 posts, read 736,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Like what?
Like the blown PI call at the end of the PAtriots Panthers game that helped Denver lock up homefield advantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 03:10 PM

6,223 posts, read 3,407,954 times
Seems like after the Seahawks dismantled the Packers the number of fans who thinks Manning won't win another SuperBowl ring increased....why aren't I surprised.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Like the blown PI call at the end of the PAtriots Panthers game that helped Denver lock up homefield advantage.

So when you say "...a lot of chips..." you really mean one bad call (which happens to every team throughout the course of the season) that indirectly benefitted the Broncos. Gotcha!

Old 09-05-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Seems like after the Seahawks dismantled the Packers the number of fans who thinks Manning won't win another SuperBowl ring increased....why aren't I surprised.
The Broncos and their new and improved defense have not yet played a meaningful snap. How hasty we are to rush to conclusions! The Hawks did look good, though.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:38 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
I hope so......

Old 09-06-2014, 10:30 AM

812 posts, read 736,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

So when you say "...a lot of chips..." you really mean one bad call (which happens to every team throughout the course of the season) that indirectly benefitted the Broncos. Gotcha!
Ok, you can also throw in the blown PI call at the end of the Pats-Dolphins game. And the fact that all of receiving threats were healthy for the playoffs....which is extremely rare. Or that Aqib Talib got hurt early in the AFC Championship game. Or the blown call in the last week of the regular season that put the Chargers in the playoffs instead of the Steelers, which could have given the Broncos a much tougher Divisional playoff game, or at least a more physical one.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:35 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Peyton will not get a second ring. He just falls apart when the big game happens in postseason. I think for the ring he has, if anyone else besides Rex Grossman QBs that team the Bears win it. Manning, nice guy, I don't see him getting another ring.
This is Exhibit A for how polarizing Peyton Manning can be and how the guy can't get a break from the haters. When his team loses in the playoffs, it's because Manning chokes and can't win "the big game." If he does win a big playoff game, the accomplishment is downplayed and credit is given elsewhere.

Rex Grossman will never be confused with Roger Staubach. But that season, he was good enough to lead his team to an NFC championship.

I don't believe he will win another ring, though. I believe the Super Bowl loser's curse will keep Denver from getting back this season. Father Time will catch up with Peyton, and the salary cap will catch up with the Broncos.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Ok, you can also throw in the blown PI call at the end of the Pats-Dolphins game. And the fact that all of receiving threats were healthy for the playoffs....which is extremely rare. Or that Aqib Talib got hurt early in the AFC Championship game. Or the blown call in the last week of the regular season that put the Chargers in the playoffs instead of the Steelers, which could have given the Broncos a much tougher Divisional playoff game, or at least a more physical one.
This sounds like a lot of excuse making, really. And for every excuse there is an equal and opposite excuse. Nobody will deny the Broncos had a few chips fall their way. Every team did, and every team had a few breaks go against them. For example, the Broncos also had a very injury-plagued season and even lost their head coach for the single hardest 4 game stretch for ANY team last season. They also managed a 13-3 record playing a much better division than the Patriots did, so you can consider that as well.

None of this is relevant to the question posed by the OP, though, so I fail to see why you brought it up. This is a new season and other than the Packers and Seahawks, no teams have played a meaningful snap yet. The Broncos are contenders to reach the Super Bowl this year, regardless of the fact history is against them. History is irrelevant. The Seahawks have recent history against their odds of repeating, but they looked like they were not interested in what recent history suggests.

I'm content to enjoy the ride. I don't know what's ahead. The season will end in disappointment for 31 out of 32 teams, so at this point I refuse to worry about how it'll end and just make it a point to enjoy the ride.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:51 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Absolutely not!

Old 09-07-2014, 11:01 AM

1,074 posts, read 949,392 times
The best chance for Manning to get that second ring was probably 2012, when the Broncos went 13-3, but lost to the Ravens in that disappointing game for the Broncos, but oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football