Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 12:52 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
I picked them because the math added up. Flaco, the loss last week, home game, and the desire to make all last weeks drama with Rice history. Just made sense.

"I'm sorry but that's just fuzzy math"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 04:15 PM

6,224 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
For any of the other games I get right on Sunday, I just want to say right here, right now; "Not sure how anyone could have picked the ___________"
The Chargers...LOL

Old 09-12-2014, 04:36 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Adrian Peterson is a big part of why I picked the Vikings over the Pats. Now I read there is a warrant out for his arrest on suspicion of child abuse. These guys...

Que Rantiquity: "Now sure how anyone could have picked the Vikings."

Old 09-12-2014, 06:57 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Adrian Peterson is a big part of why I picked the Vikings over the Pats. Now I read there is a warrant out for his arrest on suspicion of child abuse. These guys...

Que Rantiquity: "Now sure how anyone could have picked the Vikings."

Ahem, Ghengis?

Old 09-12-2014, 07:28 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Now I'm picking the Pats.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:02 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
biggest Viking fan on these boards for the past 6 years and I agree with the deactivation and upcoming suspension and I'm less concerned with AP's future career and legacy than his twisted ideas of parental discipline.

That said, I'll stick with the Vikes as these types of things and how the overall play is affected, more times than not don't have the negative impact on the field as most armchair "experts" seem to think they do. You're all about to become more familiar with the names Asiata, McKinnon and Banyard.

Hey, it's not like we've lost Christian Ponder or anything...

Old 09-13-2014, 05:47 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
biggest Viking fan on these boards for the past 6 years and I agree with the deactivation and upcoming suspension and I'm less concerned with AP's future career and legacy than his twisted ideas of parental discipline.

That said, I'll stick with the Vikes as these types of things and how the overall play is affected, more times than not don't have the negative impact on the field as most armchair "experts" seem to think they do. You're all about to become more familiar with the names Asiata, McKinnon and Banyard.

Hey, it's not like we've lost Christian Ponder or anything...
Like you, I'm sticking with the Vikings. I don't think their defense will look as dominant as it did last week, but they will make some plays. Brady should be able to get some passing yards, but if the Vikes can get in his face a few times it will go a long way toward keeping a lid on that Pats offense. Offensively I think the Vikings will be okay. They are certainly not better without Peterson, but they'll make due.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:55 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Here are my picks this week...winners in bold:

Steelers at Ravens - Ravens won
Dolphins at Buffalo
Saints at Browns
Lions at Panthers
Falcons at Bengals
Cowboys at Titans
Jaguars at Redskins
Patriots at Vikings
Cardinals at Giants
Seahawks at Chargers
Rams at Buccaneers
Chiefs at Broncos
Jets at Packers
Texans at Raiders
Bears at 49ers
Eagles at Colts

We'll see how well this goes...

Old 09-13-2014, 07:37 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
I'm sticking with the Vikings because I just straight up despise the Patriots. There, I said it!

Old 09-13-2014, 08:09 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm sticking with the Vikings because I just straight up despise the Patriots. There, I said it!
Same here. This has been a tough week for the NFL.

I keep expecting to turn on the computer and see that Peyton Manning has been suspended for kicking kittens.

Would still pick the Broncos over KC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football