Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 01:01 AM

9,746 posts, read 7,452,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'm in New York for the next couple days so I'll post the rest of the week 2 predictions Saturday afternoon.

Thursday night's pick: Steelers. Flacco looked terrible against the Bengals outside of 1 drive and made some stupid decisions that cost his team points late at the end of each half. Add in the Rice distraction and a rivalry game with Pitt looking to gain the edge back, I'll take the Steelers by a field goal.

Last week: 9-6 (missed Thursday night game)
Season: 9-6
The rest of my official picks, the abbreviated edition since it's 3 in the morning

Texans. Out to prove last year was a fluke
Bills. 2 surprise week 1 winners (though the Dolphins wasn't a surprise to me!). Phins usually have trouble in Buffalo including that T-Rex sized no show egg in week 16 last year when a win would've gotten them in the playoffs
Titans. I agree with Barnwell from Grantland. This Cowboys defense has a chance to be historically bad.
Redskins. It doesn't matter if you play the Patriots, the Jaguars, or the Colorado School of mines: If you have 2 turnovers in the redzone on what should've been 2 touchdowns, you don't deserve to win. Skins bounce back at home....hopefully for the sake of all my Nats fans on Twitter who are also Skins fans.
Cardinals. A tough cross country flight but the Giants are pitiful.
Patriots. Coming off a loss and playing a Vikings team without AP??? Sign me up for a huge Pats beatdown.
Falcons. Interesting game. Falcons also out to prove last year's 4-12 record was a fluke.
Saints. Who wins by more, Patriots or Saints?? As a bonus pick, I'll take the Pats with a higher victory margin: Pats 44-7 (37 point win), Saints 38-13 (25 point win).
Lions. Lions and Panthers, oh my!
Buccs. Rams lost to the Vikings...............at home....................by 28 points. Please!
Packers. I'll take the Cheeseheads over Fireman Ed.
Seahawks. Does the 12th man travel to sunny San Diego??
Broncos. By double figures easily
Niners. Kap is a lot better than EJ Manuel.
Colts. Colts had a good second half on the road to keep the Broncos close, Eagles had a big second half at home against the Jaguars to avoid an embarrassing L.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 10:01 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,502,548 times
Dolphins at Buffalo
Saints at Browns
Lions at Panthers
Falcons at Bengals
Cowboys at Titans
Jaguars at Redskins
Patriots at Vikings
Cardinals at Giants
Seahawks at Chargers
Rams at Buccaneers
Chiefs at Broncos
Jets at Packers
Texans at Raiders
Bears at 49ers
Eagles at Colts

Old 09-14-2014, 10:45 AM

14,320 posts, read 14,602,879 times
Now the one everyone has been bringing up, on the Panthers, has been deactivated. This is going to be another rough week coming up for the NFL.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:00 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,108,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post

You're all about to become more familiar with the names Asiata, McKinnon and Banyard.

Hey, it's not like we've lost Christian Ponder or anything...
Unfortunately, we got a dose of Cassel.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:21 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,975,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Unfortunately, we got a dose of Cassel.
Hopefully we'll now all become a lot more familiar with Teddy Bridgewater after this.

Also the Redskins need to just play Cousins. With Cousins they are a potential playoff team. With RGIII they lose 17-6 to pedestrian teams.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:22 PM

Hmm, I'm continuing with my outstanding record, 4-5, thought the Saints, Falcons, Titans, Dolphins would win and how about those Bills, Ditch??? Saints are 0-2, many talking heads took them for the SB!

Old 09-14-2014, 04:24 PM

11,231 posts, read 11,007,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Hmm, I'm continuing with my outstanding record, 4-5, thought the Saints, Falcons, Titans, Dolphins would win and how about those Bills, Ditch??? Saints are 0-2, many talking heads took them for the SB!
Thanks Susan, I hope this is a turnaround year for the Bills. It wasn't that long ago that they started something like 5-1, and then everything went straight south. I hope they keep this momentum.

I am 4-5 for the week so far too after the early games. The way some of the late games are going, I don't know if I'll be able to rebound. Gotta love the NFL!

Old 09-14-2014, 04:53 PM

Wow, this Packer game is wild! Fight breaks out, Jets player swinging several times gets thrown out, penalties on Jets but not Packer players. Sure there will be conversation about it.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:55 PM

11,231 posts, read 11,007,103 times
An ugly 7-7 so far. Momma said there would be weeks like this!

Old 09-14-2014, 06:09 PM

7-7, me, too! How about those Seahawks losing??? A surprise for sure! Packers game was a battle, a TD for Jets to tie wasn't allowed because the refs said they called time out. Ugly game, but they won, Vikes and Lions lost. Oh, Ghengis, are they who we thought they were???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football