Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:27 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,019,530 times

Advertisements

So, whether you are a Patriots fan or not, regardless of your team affiliation, are you rooting for the Patriots going 16-0 or against them? If you're rooting agains them, what's your specific reason?

As for me, I'm rooting against them because of the following reasons:

-I simply can not stand their Coach. He has an air of arrogance and dislike about him, I can not stand him. He also shows no class even when he wins. I was very turned off by the way he blew off Peyton Manning last year after the AFC game and Tony Dungy this year. You'd think he's never won!!

-Their players talk a whole lot of smack and seem to get away with a lot of crap. A good example would be #37, I think his name is Rodney Harrison. He has got to be the dirtiest player in the league, I am not sure how many times he's been fined for late hits after the whistle, hits out of bounds, face masks, not to mention the hGH use (was suspended 4 games this year for hGH). He was even talking junk to the Baltimore bench this year which I loved Billick's reaction blowing him kisses. Then there is Colvin who spiked the ball on the Colts logo and was acting like a complete idiot after they beat the Colts, you'd never tell that they have won 3 Super Bowls. He and others did the same thing last year after beating San Diego doing the "lights out" dance. Completely cheesy and unneccessary. I'm not even going to mention the other two LBs, etc... You get the picture.

-The whole spygate thing. I feel like they should have forfeited that game, if you cheat during a game, you should forfeit that game. Also, they're so arrogant that they never admitted they had done anything wrong eventhough there was enough evidence to punish them, their coach just shrugged it off and never admitted to anything. It's like they never do anything wrong.

-My last reason which is a total compliment to the New England Patriots organization is their success. They just keep winning which is so impressive these days with salary caps etc... especially a few years ago when they were winning with guys I had never heard of. They are a great team that plays hard every game. I get tired of watching them win, they are a great team.

That's all I got, let me hear what you guys think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 02:56 PM

3,804 posts, read 4,018,914 times
I understand your hatred towards them X-Green, you are a colts fan. I'm sure the majority of people want them to lose because they let the media think for them, and people are just haters. The Perfect Pats will go 19-0, and you all will just have to live with it, or start watching golf on Sundays.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:05 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,019,530 times
Patsfan,20

Come on dude! You should know by now that I'm a Redskins fan, originally from DC area. I now live in Indianapolis so that's why I like the Colts too but my number 1 team is the Redskins forever.

Before you call me and everyone else "haters", read what I wrote and think about it, is Rodney Harrison not the Dirtiest player in the league? Did he not get busted and get suspended for using hGH? Did they not illegally videotape the jets? Do they not do all the things I mentioned? That's what I mean, it's like the Pats and their fans are in total denial. They do nothing wrong and cheesy and for some reason everyone hates them!! The whole world is against them for no reason! Come on dude!

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 12-29-2007 at 04:09 PM..

Old 12-29-2007, 03:43 PM

828 posts, read 3,132,313 times
I do not believe that there is a Dolphins fan in this world who is rooting for the Pats.
16-0 would be a nice feat, as would 19-0.
The Pats are the most solid team that I have ever seen. Not since the Dolphins of the early 70's has a team dominated each and every team that they played from the first minute until the last of each game.
What people do not realize about the Fins accomplishment of '72 was that they did it with a back up QB (Earl Morrall) for the majority of the season and that they played the AFC Championship game on the road! Back then there was no "Home field" advantage. The Fins went into Pittsburgh and won, mostly because of a fake punt by Larry Seiple.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:55 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,757,462 times
I'm with fischfan ... I just don't want the Pats to win because i want to keep the `72 Dolphins as the undefeated team .. a few other teams came close, but didnt make it .. and even though i want the Giants to win .... and even though they are UP at half time ... i still think that Pats will pull it off.

oh, and one thing that is driving me nuts.... the nitwit Gumble [yea, i can't stand the guy] He keeps saying how this is such a meaningless game for the Giants, but "they are playing their hearts out".

Meaningless?? how in the world can it be meaningless if the actually beat the Pats?? they would be known as the only team to beat the Patriots in 2007 ... to me, that is NOT meaningless if they do win.

Of course they are going to play their hearts out ... they wanna win, and you have to play that way to beat such an outstanding team.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:25 PM

667 posts, read 2,881,156 times
Man, this is a tough one.

I'm a Colts fan so you can imagine how I feel about the Pats...

But, on the other hand I'm so sick and tired of the damn mouths on the Dolphins team.

So, even though it's half-time, I still can not decide which is the lesser evil to live with - the Dolphins or the Pats being undefeated.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:33 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,757,462 times
well... i was just sick of them winning all the time... guess i have to wait two more weeks to see if they will lose.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:52 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,306,240 times
I really am a fan of the New England region and may settle there one day. I am definitely for the Patriots to go undefeated for the season. I always rooted for this team even during the season when the Dolphins went undefeated.

I salute this team and glad they finished off the Giants.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:33 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,520,391 times
I grew up a fins fan, and rooted for the fins when they knocked off the bears in 1985. However I've been a pats fan since 1992 and am very happy that they did the impossible.

But I totally understand why everyone outside of new england hates the pats...

Old 12-29-2007, 11:33 PM

3,804 posts, read 4,018,914 times
Giants played well, and I am glad the Pats were pushed once again. I believe this will help the Pats during the playoffs, having these close games like this one. That had to be the highest rated sporting event televised in many years, if not ever. Thanks NFL Network!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football