Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 05:56 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,073,844 times

Advertisements

The only way I see LA getting a team, is a new expansion team. I see all 3 of these teams remaining in the market they're currently in and getting new stadium deals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 07:23 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,804,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
The only way I see LA getting a team, is a new expansion team. I see all 3 of these teams remaining in the market they're currently in and getting new stadium deals.
Ok...

Edward Jones Dome, home of St. Louis Rams, running out of public funding - ESPN

L.A. stadium smoke alarming for Bolts | UTSanDiego.com

Only Oakland right now seems to have a deal in place. But 2016 for San Diego and St. Louis aren't looking too promising. The Chargers will put their stadium proposal on a ballot (50/50 chance there) and St. Louis has already failed in getting something done.

Bottom line: We'll just have to wait and see.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:45 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,578,421 times
LA Raiders? Nope. Never again. Been there. Done that. They will ALWAYS be the Oakland Raiders.
LA Chargers? Never! EVER!
LA Rams? Absolutely! Love the Lambs!

Old 10-09-2014, 08:06 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,891,452 times
all those that have speculated Jacksonville is certain to move to LA...SHOW YOURSELVES!

Old 10-09-2014, 06:10 PM

927 posts, read 1,384,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I think the Rams and Chargers are the two most likely teams to move back to LA. The Raiders just played San Antonio to get Oakland to buckle on concessions for a replacement for the Coliseum.
San Antonio was not and is not being played by anyone. Least of which Mark Davis. In fact the Raiders organization has already vetted the Alamodome to be a suitable temporary location for the team to play in until a new one is built. Secondly, there is currently a $50,000 study going on in San Antonio to gauge future support for the Raiders should they, or as I should say, when they relocate to San Antonio. 50% of which is being funded by the Raiders organization itself.

So if anyone here is deluded it's those that actually believe Los Angeles will be getting a franchise anytime soon. Let alone two. No owner is going to relinquish control of their team just to move to LA and no owner will build a stadium out there either. So I really don't know what the league is talking about when it says they will place a team in LA soon.

And lastly, where is this big stadium for the Raiders going to come from? I've heard no news of any such stadium plan anywhere. I think it's just wishful thinking on the part of nervous Raider fans.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:34 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,804,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post

So if anyone here is deluded it's those that actually believe Los Angeles will be getting a franchise anytime soon. Let alone two. No owner is going to relinquish control of their team just to move to LA and no owner will build a stadium out there either. So I really don't know what the league is talking about when it says they will place a team in LA soon.

And lastly, where is this big stadium for the Raiders going to come from? I've heard no news of any such stadium plan anywhere. I think it's just wishful thinking on the part of nervous Raider fans.

You're very confident that San Antonio is going to get the Raiders, but in the same post, you say that "No owner is going to relinquish control of their team just to move to LA and no owner will build a stadium out there either..."

Look, dude, I understand you wanting a team in San Antonio, but you have to be a little more realistic. It's no secret that the NFL has BEEN wanting to go back to L.A. for years and trying to force a team back to the 2nd largest market in the country. Like I said earlier, the Houston Texans right now are supposed to be the L.A. Whatevers, but there was no stable ownership or any real plans then.

The Raiders may not be moving back to L.A., but honestly, I expect to see the Rams back in L.A. much sooner than later.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:44 PM

12,945 posts, read 9,568,366 times
I'll believe it when I see it. Don't know why a market that size have so much trouble keeping a team. It will be nice to have a team in L.A. but its not like the league needs it, the NFL is doing just fine.

Old 10-10-2014, 04:35 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,002,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
all those that have speculated Jacksonville is certain to move to LA...SHOW YOURSELVES!
Don't worry. Jacksonville will lose their team eventually. It's a terrible "city" and can't support an NFL team.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:32 AM

52,595 posts, read 47,758,254 times
Regardless of whichever team L.A. might get, it remains to be seen whether or not it will have any sustainable support by fans. As I've been saying, the NFL wants L.A., but does L.A. want the NFL?

Old 10-10-2014, 07:39 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,578,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Regardless of whichever team L.A. might get, it remains to be seen whether or not it will have any sustainable support by fans. As I've been saying, the NFL wants L.A., but does L.A. want the NFL?
There's some truth to that, as people seem to be embracing both soccer and hockey, of all things!

Unless I missed it, there didn't seem to be too much of an outrage or a fight put up to keep the Rams!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football