Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 09:17 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times

Advertisements

I think he should not be reinstate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 09:52 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default No

I look at a classy guy like Peyton Manning and his achievements, his work ethic, his commitment to the game, and how seriously he takes his position as a role model, and the thought of Ray Rice makes me sick.

I'd like to see Ray Rice banned from the NFL. Fined as well. It should never be acceptable to do what he did. His actions damaged the NFL brand. In fact, any player who gets into trouble with the law should be fined and banned IMO.

We need more Peyton Mannings and no Ray Rice's in the NFL.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:47 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
In fact, any player who gets into trouble with the law should be fined and banned IMO.
Define "into trouble with the law".

No. I don't think he should be banned. Adam Jones wasn't banned. Why set a double standard? Because Rice received more publicity?

Old 10-20-2014, 05:47 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Define "into trouble with the law".

No. I don't think he should be banned. Adam Jones wasn't banned. Why set a double standard? Because Rice received more publicity?
Maybe not a double standard... It's just time to set a NEW standard.
Like an earlier poster said, these dudes are role models for kids. They are basically entertainers in a constant spotlight and have to be held accountable when they set a horrible example.
It cannot be tolerated and a slap on the wrist won't due.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:56 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
He should be reinstated.....after the season. Though I don't think he'll get a job anyway.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:17 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
I'm a huge football fan, but having stayed at several hotels over the years where NFL teams, or college teams were staying, I can say the average person does not realize how "elite" arrogant and "you can't touch this" the average athlete thinks they are. Literally as in, "God status" so my thoughts are when these thugs in pads step across the line, they need to made examples of. This crap goes on all the time and they typically get away with it. And the arrogance needs to come down a notch or two. These guys need to realize if they intentionally F-up they are going to pay for it like the rest of us.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:12 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,031 times
They're football players. The whole role model thing is a bunch of bullschlacha.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:01 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
They're football players. The whole role model thing is a bunch of bullschlacha.
Obviously as adults, we realize that... But to KIDS, these dudes are superheroes.
Do you think kids have posters on their walls of football players or of Ghandi?
NFL fans dont become passionate about it when they are old enough to know that these guys aren't the real role models... NFL fans get into it at an early age when they are easily influenced... Therefore, there needs to be a high standard as to what is tolerated and what isn't.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:34 AM

692 posts, read 1,004,197 times
Shoula he? No
Will he? Probably in the off season when the powers that be think the story has cooled.
Will a team out there take him? Yes unless that team's sponsors say if you sign him we cut off the money. The nfl is a business. Money speaks louder than any packed stadium.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:57 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I agree. People always use the "kids look up to them" line. If your kid has a poor role model that is a reflection of yourself as a parent. It's your job to set your kid on a good path, not an athlete that will never have any genuine effect on your child.

I think folks that use this line are likely the same crop of folks that use the television as a babysitter and think teachers are responsible for raising their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football