U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-01-2008, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,847,941 times
Reputation: 2333

Advertisements

Everyone is talking about the Jags but I keep reminding myself of the Steelers in 2005 when they got blown out by the Colts during the regular season but dominated them in the playoffs, so I don't think Jacksonville can beat the Steelers twice at home, so I got the Steelers in a very close and physical game by a field goal. With that said, I would not be surprised if the Jags go in there and beat them again. Any thoughts?

 
Old 01-01-2008, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,003 posts, read 3,159,726 times
Reputation: 1651
Go STEELERS! I say this only because the Jags are the team that I believe can give the Pats a tough time. I know some will say the colts can give the Pats a rough time, or even beat them (ummm, no). The Jags are a bit more physical than the colts, and the injuries suffered by the colts will hurt them in the playoffs. If the Steelers win, its a battle for second place in the AFC, and the NFC doesn't really count. GO PATS!!!!!!
 
Old 01-01-2008, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,847,941 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Go STEELERS! I say this only because the Jags are the team that I believe can give the Pats a tough time. I know some will say the colts can give the Pats a rough time, or even beat them (ummm, no). The Jags are a bit more physical than the colts, and the injuries suffered by the colts will hurt them in the playoffs. If the Steelers win, its a battle for second place in the AFC, and the NFC doesn't really count. GO PATS!!!!!!
For the record, the Colts swept the Jags this year as in they beat them twice! You're welcome!
 
Old 01-01-2008, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,003 posts, read 3,159,726 times
Reputation: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
For the record, the Colts swept the Jags this year as in they beat them twice! You're welcome!
The Jags outplayed the colts in their last meeting, but as always in that dome, the refs were thier to help the ponies out. The colts really are an afterthough. Happy New Year!!!!
 
Old 01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,847,941 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
The Jags outplayed the colts in their last meeting, but as always in that dome, the refs were thier to help the ponies out. The colts really are an afterthough. Happy New Year!!!!
hehe..hehe.. Typical Patriot fan response Happy new year to you too pal!

P.S. What did you think of your boy "Wilfork" poking the Giants RB (Brandon Jacobs) in the eye? And did you see Harrison (dirtiest player ever) start with his dirty play to the point that Bellichick even had enough and pulled him out? Oh, let me guess, I'm hating....or you didn't see it....or you just won't respond... I know..I know...It's all a conspiracy against the Pats, my bat!
 
Old 01-01-2008, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,003 posts, read 3,159,726 times
Reputation: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
hehe..hehe.. Typical Patriot fan response Happy new year to you too pal!

P.S. What did you think of your boy "Wilfork" poking the Giants RB (Brandon Jacobs) in the eye? And did you see Harrison (dirtiest player ever) start with his dirty play to the point that Bellichick even had enough and pulled him out? Oh, let me guess, I'm hating....or you didn't see it....or you just won't respond... I know..I know...It's all a conspiracy against the Pats, my bat!
I saw it happen, but in the heat of battle people are known to do some crazy things. Wilfork didn't poke him, he was helping him with an eye booger. Rodney isn't dirty, he is an intense player who voices his opinion with his fellow players on the field. He'll also be the first one to plant an elbow in your earhole as well, but hey..........its football for crying out loud!
 
Old 01-01-2008, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,847,941 times
Reputation: 2333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I saw it happen, but in the heat of battle people are known to do some crazy things. Wilfork didn't poke him, he was helping him with an eye booger.

hehe..hehe... You are GOOD! I love your sense of humor dude. Cheers to you and I wish you a happy new year!
 
Old 01-01-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,003 posts, read 3,159,726 times
Reputation: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
hehe..hehe... You are GOOD! I love your sense of humor dude. Cheers to you and I wish you a happy new year!
A good one to you as well, and I hope your Redskins will have a chance to meet and defeat the cowboys. I still want it to be 1996 since their last playoff win! The cowboy's fans talk more crap than even I do, but at least my guys take care of business.
 
Old 01-01-2008, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,652 posts, read 33,467,179 times
Reputation: 32369
I think the Steelers are very overrated. I have the jags winning this one.
 
Old 01-01-2008, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville,Florida
3,772 posts, read 9,552,420 times
Reputation: 1981
I feel like the Jaguars have too strong of an offensive line for the Pittsburgh defense. I think they will as they did in the first game be able to make long- time consuming drives,if this happens it will be a long day for the Steelers. The Jaguars offense want to keep the ball out of Roethlisberger's hand and wear down the Steeler defense.

It is hard to say how far the Jaguars will go in the playoffs ,as coaches will tell you,you take one game at a time.I feel the weakness for the Jaguars is,is that they don't have a big name receiver, great receivers, but not like Moss or Harrison or Jimmy Smith who retired a couple of years back and they better play better kick coverage than they did this past Sunday against Houston or it could be a long day for Jacksonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top