Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:55 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry but I don't think this will be even close, I got the Chargers in a blowout. Tenn is too banged up at several key positions, they're lucky to even be in the playoffs thanks to the Colts being very very lame. And Shawn Merriman is out to get back at them for what they "supposedly" did to him the last time they played!! Remember, he accused Fisher of "ordering" a hit on him which caused him to get hurt (bunch of bologna in my opinion.. )...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 08:01 AM

7 posts, read 17,072 times
Default titans....

Most people in Tennessee agree with you. I would have never thought they would have beat the Colts! We have season tickets and watch all the games, but did not watch that one because it seemed that everyone new they would lose and then there they go...... unfreakinbelievable!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:11 AM

Yeah, I hear you. It was not a very "pretty" game and Dungy and the Colts were very lame in that game, they didn't really play, didn't even use all of their timeouts at the end of the game and the play calling for back up QB Jim Sorgi was very weak at best. The Titans are a great team, don't get me wrong but they're pretty banged up especially at QB position and at the defensive line with Hanesworth being hurt, without him, LT will run wild. Best of luck to the Titans though, you never know.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:42 AM

I did not understand what Dungy was doing. I know I am a girl and dont know much about the ins and outs of football, but I always thought that the object was to win. Granted I did not watch the game, but what is it I hear about Peyton only playing 1 quarter? Did they think that the Titans were that bad? Didn't we beat them earlier in the season? I think so... To be honest I am probably more of a Colts fan than a TN fan. I have not been impressed with their recruiting as of late or the ethics of the players.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durard View Post
I did not understand what Dungy was doing. I know I am a girl and dont know much about the ins and outs of football, but I always thought that the object was to win.
EXACTLY!! THANK YOU FOR CALLING IT OUT! That was exactly my thought, you play to win. Even with the backups, you should try to win which they clearly were not trying to do, the play calling with back up QB Sorgi was terrible, every 3rd down, they were not really trying to pick up the 1st. I was very disappointed with Dungy, you should try to win your way into the playoffs, I guess he never learned from 2005, do you remember that year? They were the #1 seed at home, but rested all of their players for way too long and got beat down by the Steelers in the first game. Go figure!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:05 AM

Oh yes I remember. Once again everyone was thinking they would do it and they didn't. And come on, this is professional sports, you know they would get a bonus or something if they went to the dance. But is seems that Dungy is scared to come to the game. Did he think the Titans would hurt Peyton? PLEASE!!! I truely do respect Dungy as a person, but come on...grow a pair!

Old 01-02-2008, 02:16 PM

262 posts, read 299,729 times
I think that this wont even be close the chargers have been one of the hottest teams in the second half of the year and Tennesse have been unconsistent final score 34-17

Old 01-02-2008, 02:59 PM

718 posts, read 2,360,499 times
Don't count the Titans out just yet. I am not very optimistic about the Titans actually winning, but I have learned not to try to predict the outcome of any sporting event. Afterall, crazier things have happened! Remember the "Music City Miracle"?

Old 01-02-2008, 03:50 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,082 times
Chargers over Titans.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:33 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,711 times
Let me adress the question first that was asked i think that it will be a close game if Young is able to play and hansworth if not chargers will be victorious.

Now for what got started on here about the colts. Dungy made the right call by taking manning and the rest of the starters out! he has always had a pair, and do you really think that sorgi would not make the best of this opp. he gets to play pre-season and these games and that is it. So do you think that they can call the same plays for him as they do for Peyton? No way he not Peyton. so they use what they have. and that whole secondary unit played there hearts out. The D was layin hits like crazy on the titans in the foruth quarter. So dont give me any of that crap that they didnt play to win!!!! They all play to win or they would show up.
Did Grudin (tampa bay) get this crap when he pulled his starters out as soon as he knew he had a playoff locked. so all coaches do it and ten. coach should of taken Young out and now he is hurt.

It is the way the game is played
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football