Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 08:48 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Interesting read, good points!

I'm very interested in this game, how the Broncos play the Bills. Packers play Bills next @ Buffalo. Of the next 4, Bills concern me more than the Lions!
Me too. Despite how effective the Broncos defense was against the Chiefs, I have my doubts Del Rio will play it that way again. What we saw against the Chiefs is what a lot of Broncos fans were expecting all along. It is disturbing to us how long it took Del Rio to figure out what he had. Until he proves otherwise, I am skeptical he'll keep that up. In the first series against the Dolphins the Phins waltzed down the field as though there wasn't even a defense out there. On the second series, Del Rio dials up a few pressure packages and the Phins gain just 2 yards and go 3 and out. As a viewer I'm thinking, "Okay, that worked they'll keep it up from here." Nope. On the third series it was back to rushing 3 or 4 and dropping a lot into coverage, including Von Miller and Demarcus Ware. (What Del Rio has consistently done with these two would not be unlike our OC having Manning line up at WR. Miller and Ware are better as rushers, not in coverage. Use your strengths where they are strongest, JACKASS!) So on the third series the Dolphins score again. And Del Rio still doesn't seem to notice what EVERY fan watching does: Pressure the QB or he will slice you up! The Dolphins are a good team, but the Broncos had no business letting them score 36 points in that game. That was a horrible scheme by our DC and I hope he learned from it.

The Broncos defense has been okay this year. But it has greatly underperformed for the level of talent and relative health available. In the off season we were all expecting a ferocious defense that would pressure the QB and generate TOs. We've only seen glimpses of that and instead we've seen this weird mad scientist defense where Del Rio just seems to be trying to be the first to discover some new scheme or system that will revolutionize the game. That's what it seems like at least.

I know I'm a viewer and Del Rio is a professional football man for a reason. On some level I have to acknowledge and trust he knows what he's doing. On the other hand, the results don't lie. When he tries to pressure a QB instead of confuse him, the Broncos defense is dominant. Stick to the basics, Jack!

Go Broncos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 10:42 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,799 times
I I don't know who won between Dallas and Chicago but here are my picks
Bengals
Rams
Titans
Saints
Jets
Ravens
Browns
Texans
Lions
Broncos
Cardinals
Seahawks
49ers
Patriots
Falcons.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:45 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Falcons over Packers but you said they would lose to the Eagles, yet picked them to beat the Pats! Interesting choices and of the 3, Pats most likely. I don't see them losing steam, looking at Falcons, how do they beat the Packers???

Old 12-06-2014, 06:25 PM

368 posts, read 396,094 times
Week #1: 10-6
Week #2: 9-7
Week #3: 10-6
Week #4: 7-6
Week #5: 11-3
Week #6: 9-4-1
Week #7: 9-6
Week #8: 9-6
Week #9: 10-3
Week #10: 9-4
Week #11: 8-6
Week #12: 12-2
Week #13: 9-7
Total: 122-66-1

Picks for this week:

Missed Thursday for the 4th or 5th time this year.

Cincinnati over Pittsburgh
St. Louis over Washington
Tennessee over NY Giants
New Orleans over Carolina
Minnesota over NY Jets
Miami over Baltimore
Indianapolis over Cleveland
Detroit over Tampa Bay
Houston over Jacksonville
Denver over Buffalo
Arizona over Kansas City
Seattle over Philadelphia
San Francisco over Oakland
New England over San Diego
Green Bay over Atlanta

Old 12-06-2014, 10:39 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,351,324 times
Back to my post about the Bills beating the Broncos, look back into Week 11 when the Rams beat Denver...

The Rams for put pressure on Manning. The Bills have a better defense than the Rams, and a slightly stronger offense than the Rams...

Old 12-07-2014, 12:07 AM

9,757 posts, read 7,468,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 11-5
Overall: 87-66-1

I'll pick the Bears for the Thursday night game, I'll get the others in on Saturday night.
Ravens. Even without Ngata, I think they pull out the win. Already lost to the Chargers, a loss to the Dolphins wouldn't quite eliminate them yet but they'd be 7-6 AND lose the head-to-head tiebreaker with both the Chargers & Dolphins. Wouldn't be a very good spot to be in, especially when 11-5/10-6 likely gets the 2 wildcard spots.
Texans. Sorry Jags, Texans aren't the Giants!
Rams. Skins are like that major car wreck on the highway. You know you shouldn't turn back and look, but you can't help yourself.
Steelers. Which Squealers team shows up: the one that lost to the Saints, Bucs & Jets or the one that killed the Ravens and Colts?? I'm rooting for the Bengals, so I'll gladly take the Squealers from the latter part, even if it means taking a L! As I always say, in a tossup game, pick the team you want to lose. If that team wins, yes it sucks, but at least you got CD selection right, if that team loses, you gladly take the loss on CD .
Titans. I know the Titans are equally as awful, but how can a team that got outscored 22-3 in the second half against Jacksonville be favored on the road?? Gotta LOVE living in New York without NFL Sunday ticket/NFL Red Zone this is your FOX 1 PM game! How exciting!!! Is Comedy Central busy??
Saints. Please don't do this to me again Saints!
Colts. Since I'm gonna be wrong anyways. As a Texans & Ravens fan, this is hard for me to pick a winner, I'll just root for the tie!
Vikings. 1 PM CBS game in New York: Jets @ Vikings, 1 PM FOX game in New York: Giants @ Texans. Hopefully the bars are ready for an influx of people between 12:45-4:30 that actually want to watch real football teams!
Lions. Last year the Bucs beat them at Ford Field in November which started the Lions complete tailspin to end 2013, not happening this year.
Broncos. I'll take the Broncos straight up, but I'll take the Bills at +10. Broncos by a TD + 2 point conversion (8 points).
Eagles. Seahawks are rounding into form, but I like the Eagles to take flight at the Linc.
Chiefs. Cards defense will keep them in, but offense is hurting with Stanton under center.
Niners. I feel sorry for the select folks that have this game on their FOX station
Patriots. Going back to the tossup strategy which comes into play here. Which team do I like less?? Patriots. If they win, great! That means the Ravens are still tied/move a game up on the Chargers and I get a win on the CD pick ems. If the Patriots lose, even if the drops the Ravens 2 back with the tiebreaker I'll take it because the Dolphins would still be in play for the AFC East.
Packers. Next year, may I suggest flex scheduling to the guys @ ESPN?? When's the last time there was even a decent Monday night game?? Houston @ Pittsburgh like 6 weeks ago??

Old 12-07-2014, 07:32 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
You scared me! On Fox, I get Lions/Bucs and Seahawks/Eagles on Fox! Woohoo, two games that have meaning for the Packers, not that the Lions will lose! I'm sure they would rather play the Eagles again than Seahawks!

Falcons fans say there will be turnovers, Pack won't stop Julio, Falcons are winning! Have they not watched Aaron? Packers have a running game now, too, don't necessarily have to use it but they do. Packers are talking more about a familiar face rather than the rest of the team, Hester, oh, they know Hester!!!

Old 12-07-2014, 08:08 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
You scared me! On Fox, I get Lions/Bucs and Seahawks/Eagles on Fox! Woohoo, two games that have meaning for the Packers, not that the Lions will lose! I'm sure they would rather play the Eagles again than Seahawks!

Falcons fans say there will be turnovers, Pack won't stop Julio, Falcons are winning! Have they not watched Aaron? Packers have a running game now, too, don't necessarily have to use it but they do. Packers are talking more about a familiar face rather than the rest of the team, Hester, oh, they know Hester!!!
The Falcons fans I know and the pundits I hear on the radio here in Atlanta are talking about a wing and a prayer... and not much more.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:45 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,461,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
Back to my post about the Bills beating the Broncos, look back into Week 11 when the Rams beat Denver...

The Rams for put pressure on Manning. The Bills have a better defense than the Rams, and a slightly stronger offense than the Rams...
The Rams just put up 52 against the Raiders and blanked them last week. I know it's the Raiders, but I wouldn't say that Buffalo is a superior offensive team no matter what the numbers might suggest. I'm not saying you're wrong here because no one knows how the game is going to play out today. I just don't think the Bills will beat the Broncos at Mile High where they're undefeated on the season. The Bills simply don't have the offensive firepower to keep up with the Broncos offense. Peyton didn't have Julius Thomas or Montee Ball and Emmanuel Sanders got knocked out with a concussion against the Rams. Peyton needs his weapons. CJ Anderson has filled in quite nicely, but whoever the RB has been this season has been effective in that role (Ball and Hillman were good too). If Julius Thomas returns tonight and Peyton has all his weapons, I don't see how the Broncos don't win this. Even if Julius doesn't return, I think they'll win.

I predict that the running game won't be effective against the Bills front 7, and Peyton will have to make a lot of quick, short passes. This will not be a repeat of the Rams game. Peyton will make the necessary adjustments and find a way to attack the Bills D. I don't think last week was the Broncos re-commitment to the running game per se. I just think running the ball was the most effective play given the weather conditions at Arrowhead last Sunday. Some of Peyton's passes were dying in the wind, and the Chiefs D was conceding the run. The Bills will be much more stout against the run, so Peyton will have to pass more tonight IMO. I'm predicting the Broncos 27 Bills 17.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-07-2014 at 09:08 AM..

Old 12-07-2014, 12:03 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post

The Dolphins and Chiefs both said the same thing, but the Broncos have been a different team following that game. I give the Bills a credible chance, because this is the NFL and any team can beat any team. But if the Broncos and Bills alike show up and play their A-Game, the Broncos will win this game. I don't expect them to run away with it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull away late. My pick is 27-10 Broncos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football