U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which coaches do you think are the worst?
Lovie Smith 4 8.89%
Jim Schwartz 6 13.33%
Lou Holtz 1 2.22%
Chan Gailey 3 6.67%
Cam Cameron 4 8.89%
Ken Wisenhunt 4 8.89%
Marc Trestman 2 4.44%
Marvin Lewis 3 6.67%
Les Steckel 5 11.11%
Brad Childress 2 4.44%
Rob Chudzinski 2 4.44%
Rich Kotite 7 15.56%
Joe Philbon 4 8.89%
Chip Kelly 4 8.89%
Rod Marinelli 1 2.22%
Norv Turner 5 11.11%
Raheem Morris 1 2.22%
Jason Garrett 2 4.44%
Rex Ryan 3 6.67%
Bobby Petrino 6 13.33%
Jeff Fisher 3 6.67%
Bill Peterson 1 2.22%
Butch Davis 2 4.44%
Eric Mangini 4 8.89%
Nick Saban 3 6.67%
Mike Shanahan 4 8.89%
Tony Sparano 3 6.67%
Dennis Allen 2 4.44%
Greg Schiano 4 8.89%
Tom Cable 4 8.89%
Ray Rhodes 2 4.44%
Josh McDaniels 9 20.00%
Jim Caldwell 1 2.22%
Jim Tomsula 9 20.00%
Jim L. Mora 3 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 07:18 PM

9,489 posts, read 7,167,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Honorable mention for Joe Gibbs in his comeback with the Skins. Calling back to back timeouts and his defense being penalized 15 yards because of it. Setting up Ryan Lindell and the Bills with the game winning 35yard FG instead of a possible miss from 50.
That was.. Just a bonehead move, but.. That was what was done and was legal the last time he had been a head coach. And, all told.. That didn't hurt them one bit.. Helped them, actually.

Actually.. no.. Didn't affect them either way. They finished 9-7 vs 10-6.. Either way, they still would have wound up with the 6-seed in the playoffs. Was trying to figure out the draft order, but.. Didn't matter.

It would have made a much better story had he not done that and they miss the FG.. I mean, remember, Gibbs sent 10 men out on defense the first play of that game and promptly gave up a 30 yard play or so? Which.. Didn't hurt them in the long run, either. And that was the Sean Taylor game. First game after he died.

Oh.. And Lovie Smith needs to come off this list. He took a Rex Grossman QBed team to the Super Bowl, and came close to winning it. He deserves to be in the HoF for that!

Last edited by Labonte18; 07-12-2016 at 07:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 06:57 AM

3,967 posts, read 2,521,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That was.. Just a bonehead move, but.. That was what was done and was legal the last time he had been a head coach. And, all told.. That didn't hurt them one bit.. Helped them, actually.

Actually.. no.. Didn't affect them either way. They finished 9-7 vs 10-6.. Either way, they still would have wound up with the 6-seed in the playoffs. Was trying to figure out the draft order, but.. Didn't matter.

It would have made a much better story had he not done that and they miss the FG.. I mean, remember, Gibbs sent 10 men out on defense the first play of that game and promptly gave up a 30 yard play or so? Which.. Didn't hurt them in the long run, either. And that was the Sean Taylor game. First game after he died.

Oh.. And Lovie Smith needs to come off this list. He took a Rex Grossman QBed team to the Super Bowl, and came close to winning it. He deserves to be in the HoF for that!
I dont think Lovie is a great coach by any means either, but that right there cant be denied! That alone should get him off the list!

Old 09-15-2016, 09:45 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,274,761 times
We will see how the 49ers do under Chip Kelly. Jim Tomsula couldn't get the job done and was let go after only one season. And we will see how the Bills do with head coach Rex Ryan and his identicle twin brother, DC, Rob Ryan. Quite frankly, I've never liked either one of them, especially Rex. I also never liked Jason Garrett and still don't. He doesn't seem to make haltime adjustments and also seems to make poor game plans.

Old 09-29-2016, 12:49 AM

The most popular votes in the poll were Josh McDaniels and Jim Tomsula. Both received 9 votes in the poll. Another popular vote in the poll is Rich Kotite who coached the Jets and Eagles. He received 7 votes in the poll.

I could have added Steve Spurrier, Todd Haley, Rod Rust, and some others, including Gus Bradley. Boy, if the Jaguars don't make the playoffs this year, Bradley could be fired from the team. He is one of the eight coaches right now on the hot seat. Right now the other coaches on the hot seat this year include Mike McCoy of the Chargers, Chuck Pagano of the Colts because it is the third straight year the Colts start off 1-2, Sean Peyton of the Saints, Rex Ryan for Buffalo, Mike Mularkey of Tennessee, Jay Gruden for the Redskins, and Hue Jackson for Cleveland. Wasn't very good in Oakland and now Jackson isn't even that good in Cleveland. Browns had a chance to win in Miami but a missed field goal and a poor punt by Britton Colquitt costed the Browns the game. So we will see if any of the coaches will be fired during the season or after the season.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:39 PM

I can't stand Jim Caldwell. I've never liked him at all, not even in Indianapolis. Caldwell right now has to be one of the worst coaches. Even when the Lions fired Jim Schwartz, the Lions continue to sink. Sure during Caldwell's rookie season as Lions coach he took them to a wild card round but he is going to sink the Lions. Hue Jackson is awful and there's a reason why the Browns are still winless. He wasn't even that good as Raiders coach either. A lot of the Dolphins head coaches after Don Shula and Jimmy Johnson have been really bad; Dave Wannstedt, Nick Saban, Cam Cameron with the worst record 1-15, Tony Sparano, and Joe Philbin. Dolphins haven't made the playoffs since 2008. We will see how Adam Gase does the next few years with Miami. If he doesn't lead the Dolphins to any playoffs the next few years, he'll be given the axe.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
We will see how the 49ers do under Chip Kelly.
It's been really turning into a mess. I never even thought that Kelly was a good NFL coach. Wasn't very good in Philadelphia and now he isn't very good in San Francisco.

Old 10-29-2016, 06:16 AM

I came back to this thread because I thought we had forgot Brad Childress. I see we didn't. Crisis averted. Carry on. Ha.

Old 10-29-2016, 11:28 AM

Brad Childress is on this list for sure but only a ew people mentioned him.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Brad Childress is on this list for sure but only a ew people mentioned him.
Yeah, but he was a horrible coach. Long as he was mentioned, because he should be in this thread.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Yeah, but he was a horrible coach. Long as he was mentioned, because he should be in this thread.
Remember Les Steckel? He coached the Vikings for one season in 1984 with a 3-13 record. Worst coaching record in the history of the Vikings. Steckel was really bad too as was Lesley Frazier. Frazier was a horrible head coach also.

Plus, Greg Schiano was terrible. He was screwed with Josh Freeman. Hue Jackson is awful. There's a reason why Cleveland can't win. He was really bad in Oakland and now he's really bad in Cleveland. I'll also nominate any Browns head coaches since their return in 1999 beginning with Butch Davis. Also many people will say Chan Gailey. Jim Schwartz, guy was an idiot in Detroit. There's reasons why the Lions were undisciplined. Tomsula was also a horrible head coach. I don't think Tomsula should have got the head coaching job anyways after Jim Harbaugh was fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football